Someone give me some tips with Jetstream DLC

#1nismo161Posted 4/21/2013 6:22:30 PM
Hey all, I need some tips on the Jetstream DLC, getting my ass kicked left and right here. First I tried on normal, managed to beat the first VR mission and never manage to even move more than 5 inches with the blade wolf fight. So I thought, screw it, I'll do easy.

Got to easy, can't even beat the two Gekkos in the VR mission. How the hell did I manage that on normal but not on easy?

Considering how I managed to beat the original story on normal without much difficulty (Except for the senator. Damn jocks.) , how much did the up the difficulty in the DLC. Holy crap!
#2QuickandtheDeadPosted 4/21/2013 7:05:15 PM
nismo161 posted...
Hey all, I need some tips on the Jetstream DLC, getting my ass kicked left and right here. First I tried on normal, managed to beat the first VR mission and never manage to even move more than 5 inches with the blade wolf fight. So I thought, screw it, I'll do easy.

Got to easy, can't even beat the two Gekkos in the VR mission. How the hell did I manage that on normal but not on easy?

Considering how I managed to beat the original story on normal without much difficulty (Except for the senator. Damn jocks.) , how much did the up the difficulty in the DLC. Holy crap!

IIRC the game separates the VR missions up not according to individual difficulty. So, if you play Sam's DLC and choose easy,medium, or hard you get the VR missions on Hard difficulty. If you choose very hard or revengeance you get VR missions on revengeance. I could be wrong though.

If you can't beat blade wolf then .... can you parry? It's imperative, that and the evade. Sam has high risk attacks (charging attacks) and low risk (normal light/light/hard combos). You have to get a feel for when to use them. He has a different style than Raiden. Less forgiving.

Gecko's are a PITA for Sam honestly on any difficulty. Subweapons help, as does perfect parrying. You'll just have to practice his style and get used to it. The DLC is known to be harder, much harder, than Raiden's campaign, for whatever twisted reason.
#3Banjo2553Posted 4/21/2013 8:59:37 PM
Here's a tip that helped me survive the Gekkos: spam the aerial charge attack. You can jump up and they won't hit you with their attacks (from my experience anyway, I played on Hard), so just charge up the attack, let loose, then rinse and repeat.

As for Blade Wolf...just stay back at first and learn the tells of his attacks. Such as, whenever he does the vertical spinning attack, he always says something like, "Die." With that attack, if he's nearby (which he usually is), side dodge and immediately go in for a punish. He has somewhat obvious tells if you sit back and watch his attacks, and it'll just make the battle a bit easier. With learning the tells, all you need is the execution, which can be a bit tough considering how fast-paced and difficult this DLC is.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#4nismo161(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 9:36:20 PM
I guess one thing that really throws me off is how much parrying I was using when I was Raiden, and Sam's parry is rubbish as hell. Not really used to dodging, I guess I'll have to relearn that part.
#5snake2410Posted 4/21/2013 10:18:55 PM
nismo161 posted...
I guess one thing that really throws me off is how much parrying I was using when I was Raiden, and Sam's parry is rubbish as hell. Not really used to dodging, I guess I'll have to relearn that part.

Sam's parry is just less frames, but makes perfect parrying a A LOT easier. I actually felt it was better then Raiden's for my play style.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MG SAGA 5x Plat!, GoW SAGA 6x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!