Does anyone else kind of miss MGS2/human Raiden?

#1GeneralRaidenPosted 4/22/2013 3:56:17 PM
I was playing through MGS2 again and it made me remember this old Raiden I used to really like as a character about 10 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I still like Raiden now but I kind of like his more vulnerable emotional self in MGS2. I could relate and worry about him more than cyborg Raiden who can do pretty much anything, y'know?

I hope they still make the interquel between MGS2 and 4. I want to see more of human Raiden and his troubles with his PTSD/drinking/relationship with Rose; I think it would flesh him out even more. I want to see the events that helped lead up to the broken man we see in MGS4. At the very least, I'd like a skull suit Raiden DLC.
---
Not changing this sig until I achieve my dream
Started 31/7/2012
#2masked_yazooPosted 4/22/2013 4:16:14 PM
Human whiny Raiden sucks
---
"Remember, kids...Chu-Chu died for your sins!"
#3gamestop27Posted 4/22/2013 4:32:56 PM
They can't do anything before Rising because that would mean human dismemberment and you'd have the hypocritical moral crusaders from Japan and America b***ing.
---
The one weakness of any protagonist or hero-like character is a Cut Scene.~ KaiserNeko
#4Onikage33Posted 4/22/2013 5:04:15 PM
masked_yazoo posted...
Human whiny Raiden sucks

LOL at this. I remember how pissed everyone was when you played mostly as Raiden and not Snake in MGS:SOL. He has certainly came a long way since then and is now one of my favorite video game characters (although I'm leaning towards Sam as far as this game goes.)
To General Raiden just hold out hope for that skull suit. I've still got hope for.......................it's been awhile..........................savor the moment................................Sams blue and white armor from VGA 2011 trailer!!!!
---
Believe in the Shield.
#5Hunter1534Posted 4/22/2013 5:31:48 PM
masked_yazoo posted...
Human whiny Raiden sucks

This is what's wrong with gamers today. Introduce a character who doesn't fit the bad ass stereotype and he gets hate. Excuse koji pro for creating a somewhat realistic character with a realistic reaction towards his "first real mission". Quotations used because it wasn't his first.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/XNero_AngeloX/
#6janemba8888Posted 4/22/2013 5:44:09 PM
Hell no. MGS2 Raiden was a terrible character. Whiny and girly. And stupid naked cartwheels. Complete and utter ass(in terms of character) compared to manly men like Big Boss and Solid Snake.

I'll stick with my bad ass MGRR Raiden please.
---
woosh
#7F0XholePosted 4/22/2013 5:48:16 PM
Raiden's flaws were what made him real and human. And his character development in MGS2 was spectacular IMO.
#8MurphysGhostPosted 4/22/2013 5:49:41 PM
F0Xhole posted...
Raiden's flaws were what made him real and human. And his character development in MGS2 was spectacular IMO.

Yep.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#9Hunter1534Posted 4/22/2013 5:50:16 PM
janemba8888 posted...
Hell no. MGS2 Raiden was a terrible character. Whiny and girly. And stupid naked cartwheels. Complete and utter ass(in terms of character) compared to manly men like Big Boss and Solid Snake.

A fine example of what I just said
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/XNero_AngeloX/
#10megasoniczxxPosted 4/22/2013 7:02:16 PM
Hunter1534 posted...
janemba8888 posted...

A fine example of what I just said

I haven't really played MGS2 myself (and don't have any interest to) but could someone enlighten me as to what was wrong with raiden's character specifically.