Metal Gear Rising 2 ideas for game mechanics

#21Hunter1534Posted 4/30/2013 8:02:03 PM
AtumReign posted...
Yes I think the buttons on the controller could have been handled much better overall. Dodge for example. That should never have even been locked in the first place. how could they possibly not think a dodge feature would be a primary tool. Also dodge should be simpler. having to hit 2 buttons at the same time sounds easy enough, and it is normally, but in the frantic battles with the possessed camera it can get easy to flub it and end up getting hit. I think a complete redesign of the control scheme in general is in order for MGSR 2

I disagree, square and X is surprisingly comfortable to use and I prefer it.
---
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hara kari rock. I NEED SCISSORS! 61!
#22TaticalWarriorPosted 4/30/2013 8:34:10 PM
They should use a Zandatsu like mode for each weapon. The HF Blade cuts, the spear is for piercing, Bloodlust is for crushing and so on. You aim each one of them differently, and with that, the game allows more "puzzle" moments like the moments where you have to do accurate cuts.
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#23syctheweilderPosted 5/1/2013 5:02:39 AM
Pull back the camera.

Dodge attack available at start.

Shorten the parry window.

Ripper mode is broke. put some checks and balances in place; maybe raiden takes more damage while using it, or maybe it doesn't slice up everything as if he were in blade mode; but still retains it's armor piercing properties.

Give the soliton radar more clarity; there's not enough contrast between shades to distinguish features, and on standard definition TV's it may as well not be there at all.

AR mode persists during Ninja run

Stealth sections improved or removed altogether. I.e, improved enemy vision ranges, responsive to auditory cues, ect.

Knockout animation for the wooden sword when using stealth takedowns.

Bigger bonuses for no kills to compensate for zandatsu and kill bonuses being closed off

Locked on targets influence directional inputs and movement. They may or may not influence directional inputs already, but a more concrete hard lock-on would give the player that much more security when performing techniques.

Basic pistol or rifle for dealing with airborne enemies more reliably. Raiden's standard cyborg body seems to have one he never uses...

Get rid of the stick waggling.

Could do with less Button prompts/Quick Time Events too.

VR Boss Battles/boss rush. Fight past bosses from Revengeance, and others from Metal Gear canon, i.e REX, Solidus, Volgin

Raiden visible during codec conversations
#24AtumReign(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 5:04:10 AM
Hunter1534 posted...
AtumReign posted...
Yes I think the buttons on the controller could have been handled much better overall. Dodge for example. That should never have even been locked in the first place. how could they possibly not think a dodge feature would be a primary tool. Also dodge should be simpler. having to hit 2 buttons at the same time sounds easy enough, and it is normally, but in the frantic battles with the possessed camera it can get easy to flub it and end up getting hit. I think a complete redesign of the control scheme in general is in order for MGSR 2

I disagree, square and X is surprisingly comfortable to use and I prefer it.

Ah, then you prove my earlier point. If it feels better for you to do it that way then that's awesome. For me I would have liked a different set up. If the controller were re-mappable we could have both had it our way.

I think another Important issue that should be resolved is the camera. Question, does anyone here actually like the camera in this game? It can cooperate some of the time but far too often do I find it jumping all over the place. Which is the primary reason I had trouble with dodging. I'd want to dodge around my opponent only to have Raiden jump straight for them (Sundowner anyone?)
#25Onikage33Posted 5/1/2013 5:08:51 AM
No joke Syctheweilder needs to email that list to Platinum.
---
Believe in the Shield.
#26Omega579Posted 5/1/2013 7:26:34 AM
I would like a Training Mode to practice combos like the one in Bayonetta. I also want Ninja Kills that don't require you to use the Ninja Run. Just walk up behind them and have a Circle prompt letting you know you're in range. Maybe even having a no-kill variant where you would use a stun weapon like the stun knife in PW.
---
"..."
#27BombermanGoldPosted 5/1/2013 7:29:12 AM
. I also want Ninja Kills that don't require you to use the Ninja Run. Just walk up behind them and have a Circle prompt letting you know you're in range.

You can already do that...in fact, required vs those big-ass Mastiff enemies, otherwise they'll notice you trying to Ninja Run behind them...
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#28SugarBoogersPosted 5/1/2013 9:50:42 AM
Omega579 posted...
I would like a Training Mode to practice combos like the one in Bayonetta. I also want Ninja Kills that don't require you to use the Ninja Run. Just walk up behind them and have a Circle prompt letting you know you're in range. Maybe even having a no-kill variant where you would use a stun weapon like the stun knife in PW.

You've got the Wooden Sword for no kill runs. And I don't know what kind of Ninja Kills you're doing, because you never get the prompts during a Ninja Run.
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards
#29AtumReign(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 6:12:02 PM
syctheweilder posted...
Pull back the camera.

Dodge attack available at start.

Shorten the parry window.

Ripper mode is broke. put some checks and balances in place; maybe raiden takes more damage while using it, or maybe it doesn't slice up everything as if he were in blade mode; but still retains it's armor piercing properties.

Give the soliton radar more clarity; there's not enough contrast between shades to distinguish features, and on standard definition TV's it may as well not be there at all.

AR mode persists during Ninja run

Stealth sections improved or removed altogether. I.e, improved enemy vision ranges, responsive to auditory cues, ect.

Knockout animation for the wooden sword when using stealth takedowns.

Bigger bonuses for no kills to compensate for zandatsu and kill bonuses being closed off

Locked on targets influence directional inputs and movement. They may or may not influence directional inputs already, but a more concrete hard lock-on would give the player that much more security when performing techniques.

Basic pistol or rifle for dealing with airborne enemies more reliably. Raiden's standard cyborg body seems to have one he never uses...

Get rid of the stick waggling.

Could do with less Button prompts/Quick Time Events too.

VR Boss Battles/boss rush. Fight past bosses from Revengeance, and others from Metal Gear canon, i.e REX, Solidus, Volgin

Raiden visible during codec conversations

Several awesome Ideas here. A few I disagree with though. It may just be me but I'd actually like a wider parry window. At least for bosses like Sam and Monsoon and those fu**ing Mastiffs.

I'm pretty happy with Ripper Mode too. The point of it is that it's supposed to be super powerful. Only nerf I could think of wanting is maybe make last for less time but honestly I don't really want that either.

I 100% agree with letting AR mode stay on indefinitely. It makes no sense that Raiden has to open his face shield to run or fight. It's not like It provides some monumental buff that has to be disabled to balance the game while fighting.

I love the VR boss Idea though. I'm curious if you mean have them available for Raiden to fight or just include the same fights from the previous games as a bonus. Cause Raiden would annihilate .all of the previous Metal Gear bosses. Hell he already annihilates the ones in Rising. It might just be me but what if instead of fighting the bosses you PLAYED as them instead. Now that would be awesome.
#30syctheweilderPosted 5/1/2013 6:38:31 PM
I imagine REX would put up about as good of a fight as RAY. And since Vamp gave Raiden a run for his money in 4, the final boss from 2 shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Volgin's more for the novelty of having the two metal gear characters associated with lightning going toe to toe.