regarding masamune possible spoilers???

#1beny_pimpsterPosted 4/24/2013 8:39:33 PM
so i was wondering in NG+ if you purchase the upgrades of masamune.........will it be effective against armstrong ie if you upgraded da blade with lvl4 attack will it carry over in the armstrong battle? THNX
#2NetherTraitor0Posted 4/24/2013 8:43:21 PM
It will. You don't have to worry about fighting him clean every time.
---
"BY THE HAMMER OF LOU RAWLS!!!"-Me during the final battle of Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
#3Emi3280Posted 4/24/2013 8:56:51 PM
Masamune? Wasn't that Frog's sword in Chrono Trigger?
---
PlayStation Network: DarkEmigaru98
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emi3280
#4DullahansXMarkPosted 4/24/2013 9:27:24 PM
Emi3280 posted...

This.

TC, I think you're referring to the Murasamasamune.
#5beny_pimpster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 11:45:23 PM
DullahansXMark posted...
Emi3280 posted...

This.

TC, I think you're referring to the Murasamasamune.

lol is it murasame or masamune i forgot lol...................damn you guys makes me wanna play chrono trigger for DS again :)
#6beny_pimpster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 11:46:36 PM
NetherTraitor0 posted...
It will. You don't have to worry about fighting him clean every time.

THANKS i'll concentrate my BP on it then hahaha
#7SpiritSephirothPosted 4/25/2013 2:20:10 AM
Emi3280 posted...

Masamune is in a lot of video games and lore. Not just Chrono Trigger...
---
PSN: G-e-n-e-s-i-s, Steam: Blackisrafil, MGO (EU): Rubedo
White knight chronicles: Rubedo, Alessia
#8MMX377Posted 4/25/2013 2:32:44 AM
Don't forget Sephiroth's signature sword, Masamune.
---
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory in SF3
#9beny_pimpster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 4:39:17 AM
MMX377 posted...
Don't forget Sephiroth's signature sword, Masamune.

ah!
#10NetherTraitor0Posted 4/25/2013 5:35:12 AM
Okay, enough with the RPG references. Here's the REAL Masamune & Muramasa. Murasama doesn't exist, it's a mistranslation of Muramasa that was put in MGR:R as a homage.

Masamune, also known as Gorō Nyūdō Masamune (12641343 AD), is widely recognized as Japan's greatest swordsmith. He created swords and daggers, known in Japanese as tachi and tantō respectively, in the Soshu tradition. As no exact dates are known for Masamune's life, he has reached an almost legendary status. It is generally agreed that he made most of his swords in the late 13th and early 14th centuries, 12881328. Some stories list his family name as Okazaki, but some experts believe this is a fabrication to enhance the standing of the Tokugawa family.

Muramasa Sengo, was a famous swordsmith who founded the Muramasa school and lived during the Muromachi period (14th to 16th centuries) in Japan. Oscar Ratti and Adele Westbrook said that Muramasa "was a most skillful smith but a violent and ill-balanced mind verging on madness, that was supposed to have passed into his blades. ... They were popularly believed to hunger for blood and to impel their warrior to commit murder or suicide."
---
"BY THE HAMMER OF LOU RAWLS!!!"-Me during the final battle of Metal Gear Rising: Revengence