Would you like guns for Raiden to come into play in MGR 2?

#1Hunter1534Posted 4/26/2013 6:38:49 PM
He be teasing me wit dat socom in dat holster.
---
OOOH OOOH THAT'S MY FAVORITE!
#2Onikage33Posted 4/26/2013 6:50:48 PM
Hunter1534 posted...
He be teasing me wit dat socom in dat holster.

My mind is a strange thing. For some reason I thought of Han Solo when I read that. I would like that but I only think it will happen if its the story inbetween MGS2 and MGS4. Love the picture by Shinkawa where Raiden is holding blade and socom. Believe it was in MGS: HD collection for Sons of Liberty.
---
Believe in the Shield.
#3Rising_shadowPosted 4/26/2013 7:02:57 PM
Guns do squat to cyborgs at this point. They're pointless and this is a hack and slash so at best they'd be pea shooters.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#4Hunter1534(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 7:05:06 PM(edited)
Rising_shadow posted...
Guns do squat to cyborgs at this point. They're pointless and this is a hack and slash so at best they'd be pea shooters.

For juggle damage and stealth kills.
---
OOOH OOOH THAT'S MY FAVORITE!
#5F0XholePosted 4/26/2013 7:10:55 PM
I was thinking about this the other day. In Ninja Gaiden, shurikens do little damage, but they are used for stuns and to set up an attack. MGR could use guns similarly.

That got me thinking about BladeWolf and how he throws blades. I thought that Circle could be used for those (or guns, for Raiden), since it is a seldom used button. Then I wondered if BladeWolf would be able to use those blades in the DLC.

Then the screenshots came out the next day, and sure enough, the blade attack is in.

What I think I'm trying to say is that I'm psychic. I guess you can call me Mantis.
#6yarouPosted 4/27/2013 4:49:41 AM
Not sure about guns, just wish we had those knives he uses in cut-scene but for some reason unavailable when playing.
#7ukokira1Posted 4/27/2013 7:35:43 AM
Hunter1534 posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

... Still wouldnt do $&@& to them.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#8GirgantePosted 4/27/2013 8:04:50 AM
ukokira1 posted...
Hunter1534 posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

It's fictional and set in the future... just say new firearms have been invented with more stopping power, or some special types of bullets or whatever. It's very easy to make guns relevant again.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if he had some guns that do very low damage ala DMC, but are used to keep combos going or mess with long distance enemies while fighting someone closer.

What, imo, though we definitely need to see is Raiden use his knives. In MGS4 it wasn't all about the sword. Heck in MGR he even has a knife on the sheathe and yet never uses it.. I want combos with knives, throwing knives, etc.
---
No matter what happens, there will be a solution when it happens. - Yoh Asakura, Shaman King
PSN: Girgante
#9Drunken_SnakePosted 4/27/2013 8:57:16 AM
ukokira1 posted...
Hunter1534 posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

Sure, guns would be pretty weak... Just like in any other H&S game!
#10PuckHockeyPosted 4/27/2013 12:49:37 PM
I would welcome guns in addition to the hack'n'slash.