Would Zandatsu even make sense in the sequel?

#1Hunter1534Posted 4/26/2013 7:11:49 PM
The body he had belonged to Maverick and its ability was to absorb the electrolytes. Wasn't that ability unique to that armor only? Sure, that was in the DLC with sam, but I'm assuming that was kept there so that his gameplay wouldn't he such a downgrade. Your thoughts? I could be entirely wrong though, so please by all means correct me.
---
OOOH OOOH THAT'S MY FAVORITE!
#2QuickandtheDeadPosted 4/26/2013 7:53:55 PM
The cutting mechanic still worked in the first chapter without the special suit.

The cutting mechanic is practically a trademark of the game. I'm sure it'll return regardless of whatever gameplay/plot mechanic the next one will have.
#3Rising_shadowPosted 4/26/2013 8:26:38 PM
Except for the hair and new jaw Raiden sports in the ending there's nothing to indicate it's not the same body he used during the game. It's not like he has a wealth of bodies to choose from if he's on the run. Not to mention it's highly likely that if he does get a new body it will be an upgrade for his combat chassis in this game.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#4devak108Posted 4/26/2013 8:31:55 PM
This is Metal Gear we're talking about here. If they want the cutting mechanic and/or Zandatsu in the sequel (which I'm sure they will since they're awesome) they'll "Nanomachines, son!" that s*** right in there, plot holes be damned.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjhV1DavSRM
#5RaengPosted 4/26/2013 10:41:32 PM
Considering it's quite the awesome technology that allows a suit to be completely offensive based you can bet that this suit will be more main-stream lateron in the series. Hell enemies might even try to Zandatsu Raiden in the future for all we know.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#6yarouPosted 4/27/2013 3:44:34 AM
Technically Doktor built it (if I recall correctly.) and he's not really part of Maverick.
Plus if it worked for Sam, who didn't have anything to do with them, I'm guessing it will also work for Raiden as well.
#7PhaildPosted 4/27/2013 3:53:05 AM(edited)
Nothing in the game implies absorbing electrolytes is some hush-hush technology nobody is familiar with.

Doktor simply outfitted Raiden with it because traditional a self-repair unit would hinder his offensive capabilities.

It allows the body to operate at much higher capacity at the expense of natural healing.
---
Current rank: Cpl. / Exp. required for promotion: 7 days
Let's dance.
#8Hunter1534(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 8:21:29 AM
yarou posted...
Technically Doktor built it (if I recall correctly.) and he's not really part of Maverick.
Plus if it worked for Sam, who didn't have anything to do with them, I'm guessing it will also work for Raiden as well.

I think it was stated in a codec convo that the body belongs to Maverick.
---
OOOH OOOH THAT'S MY FAVORITE!
#9Lioyd_the_heroPosted 4/29/2013 5:27:37 AM
Yeah I figured at the end of the game Raiden either got his revengeance body repaired (but with less spikes and the jaw/ear pieces changed) or got a new body. But he probably has a body/sword that can absorb electrolytes
---
PSN howling_red
#10vgman94Posted 4/29/2013 10:04:22 AM
Phaild posted...
Nothing in the game implies absorbing electrolytes is some hush-hush technology nobody is familiar with.

Doktor simply outfitted Raiden with it because traditional a self-repair unit would hinder his offensive capabilities.

It allows the body to operate at much higher capacity at the expense of natural healing.

the fact that both Sam and Bladewolf are capable of it despite one having an exoskeleton armor and the other being a flipping UG kind of makes it feel as of spine-ripping is an accepted practice in the Rising world, despite us only seeing Raiden doing it before the DLCs