Would Zandatsu even make sense in the sequel?

#11F0XholePosted 4/30/2013 5:51:30 PM
Hunter1534 posted...
yarou posted...
Technically Doktor built it (if I recall correctly.) and he's not really part of Maverick.
Plus if it worked for Sam, who didn't have anything to do with them, I'm guessing it will also work for Raiden as well.

I think it was stated in a codec convo that the body belongs to Maverick.

Sure, but Snake's sneaking suit in MGS1 technically belonged to the United States government, and we still see him sporting it throughout MGS2 (sans the vest). Considering the Raiden went rouge with the suit, traveled half-way around the world with the suit, killed a freakin' politician with the suit, then apparently disappeared, it's not a stretch to say that Raiden held onto the suit, effectively stealing it from Maverick.
#12Hunter1534(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 6:13:14 PM
I highly doubt he stole it from Maverick. That'd be a dick move considering he still keeps in touch with boris. They can't just give it to him since they're gonna need that money cuz of the children's brains.
---
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hara kari rock. I NEED SCISSORS! 61!
#13F0XholePosted 5/1/2013 12:15:58 PM
Well, I don't mean he necessarily "stole" it, but that he just never gave it back and Boris didn't really ask for it back. After all they went through, it seems like that body would be a minor issue. Like it's just an issue that they never brought back up. Technically the body was stolen, but Boris seems like the type who would just let him keep the body after all the **** they went through to, ya know, save the world and all.
#14PhaildPosted 5/1/2013 12:39:22 PM
This isn't charity

-Boris
---
Current rank: Cpl. / Exp. required for promotion: 7 days
Let's dance.
#15F0XholePosted 5/1/2013 3:33:05 PM
Phaild posted...
This isn't charity

-Boris

Said well before Raiden killed a U.S. Senator in Pakistan who was trying to resurrect Metal Gear and plunge the U.S. in more meaningless wars in the Middle East.
#16syctheweilderPosted 5/1/2013 3:53:58 PM
"That body is company property; if you leave, you buy it!"

Maybe Raiden pony'd up the cash?
#17Hunter1534(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:06:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Cm5VQ6O.gif
---
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hara kari rock. I NEED SCISSORS! 61!
#18SigmaSlashPosted 5/2/2013 2:02:29 AM
vgman94 posted...
Phaild posted...
Nothing in the game implies absorbing electrolytes is some hush-hush technology nobody is familiar with.

Doktor simply outfitted Raiden with it because traditional a self-repair unit would hinder his offensive capabilities.

It allows the body to operate at much higher capacity at the expense of natural healing.

the fact that both Sam and Bladewolf are capable of it despite one having an exoskeleton armor and the other being a flipping UG kind of makes it feel as of spine-ripping is an accepted practice in the Rising world, despite us only seeing Raiden doing it before the DLCs

Sam used it for his sword.

Bladewolf might have an explanation when the DLC comes out.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMnhk26J1bM (Proof that Superman and Sephiroth are one and the same.)
#19PhaildPosted 5/2/2013 5:58:51 AM
F0Xhole posted...
Phaild posted...
This isn't charity

-Boris

Said well before Raiden killed a U.S. Senator in Pakistan who was trying to resurrect Metal Gear and plunge the U.S. in more meaningless wars in the Middle East.

Actually he says it after.
---
Current rank: Cpl. / Exp. required for promotion: 7 days
Let's dance.
#20Hunter1534(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 8:11:23 AM
SigmaSlash posted...
vgman94 posted...
Phaild posted...
Nothing in the game implies absorbing electrolytes is some hush-hush technology nobody is familiar with.

Doktor simply outfitted Raiden with it because traditional a self-repair unit would hinder his offensive capabilities.

It allows the body to operate at much higher capacity at the expense of natural healing.

the fact that both Sam and Bladewolf are capable of it despite one having an exoskeleton armor and the other being a flipping UG kind of makes it feel as of spine-ripping is an accepted practice in the Rising world, despite us only seeing Raiden doing it before the DLCs

Sam used it for his sword.

Bladewolf might have an explanation when the DLC comes out.

It's a gameplay mechanic that was used for sam so that playing as him wouldn't be a complete downgrade. Otherwise, sam would be a huuuuuge hypocrite for criticizing raiden for killing the military cyborgs for their energy source.
---