Would Zandatsu even make sense in the sequel?

#21F0XholePosted 5/2/2013 8:17:29 AM
Phaild posted...
F0Xhole posted...
Phaild posted...
This isn't charity

-Boris

Said well before Raiden killed a U.S. Senator in Pakistan who was trying to resurrect Metal Gear and plunge the U.S. in more meaningless wars in the Middle East.

Actually he says it after.

In reference to Doktor's cyborg staffing service. Nothing was mentioned about Raiden's body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKJzXM-aTrE
#22PhaildPosted 5/2/2013 8:35:19 AM(edited)
Irrelevant. The point is that it shows Boris' attitude towards his business. No matter how well-intentioned he might be, he's still a realist when it comes to expenses.

They explicitly state that Raiden's own salary would never cover the cost of his cyborg body. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that the body most likely costs more than a single MQ-133C.
---
Current rank: Cpl. / Exp. required for promotion: 7 days
Let's dance.
#23yarouPosted 5/2/2013 8:49:49 AM
Hunter1534 posted...
yarou posted...
Technically Doktor built it (if I recall correctly.) and he's not really part of Maverick.
Plus if it worked for Sam, who didn't have anything to do with them, I'm guessing it will also work for Raiden as well.

I think it was stated in a codec convo that the body belongs to Maverick.

Yeah, but what I meant is, even if that specific one belongs to Maverick, if Doktor built it, he can probably build a new one with similar abilities/ capabilities.
#24Hunter1534(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 9:02:44 AM
yarou posted...
Hunter1534 posted...
yarou posted...
Technically Doktor built it (if I recall correctly.) and he's not really part of Maverick.
Plus if it worked for Sam, who didn't have anything to do with them, I'm guessing it will also work for Raiden as well.

I think it was stated in a codec convo that the body belongs to Maverick.

Yeah, but what I meant is, even if that specific one belongs to Maverick, if Doktor built it, he can probably build a new one with similar abilities/ capabilities.

He needs funding though... there's no way out.
---
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hara kari rock. I NEED SCISSORS! 61!
#25F0XholePosted 5/3/2013 5:00:14 AM
Phaild posted...
Irrelevant. The point is that it shows Boris' attitude towards his business. No matter how well-intentioned he might be, he's still a realist when it comes to expenses.

They explicitly state that Raiden's own salary would never cover the cost of his cyborg body. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that the body most likely costs more than a single MQ-133C.

Quite relevant, actually, considering the cyborg staffing service is currently operational with little/no guarantee of it being fully funded. Something along the lines of it "can't run on donations alone," suggesting that they have to get back to work to support the program. It shows to me that he cares more about people than business, which could lead him into some risky business ventures for the greater good.
#26Hunter1534(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 9:14:11 AM
Omg, this is one of those "there's no way I'm gonna convince you despite the evidence " kind of topics. :(
---
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hara kari rock. I NEED SCISSORS! 61!