Do you think Raiden has "redeemed" himself..

#11_denizen_Posted 4/27/2013 4:07:43 AM
I guess he finally found his true purpose.

In MGS2 he was asking all sorts of question.

MGS4 he was a lost soul.

MGR he ascended from his former MGS2 self.

Toward the middle of MGR he was in between 2 and MGR

At the end of MGR he finally know his calling.

Snake is to Metal Gears as Raiden is to Brains.
#12rolanthasPosted 4/27/2013 6:00:59 PM
I never saw the issue with Raiden himself, it was rather about NOT being able to play Snake for the full MGS 2 for me. That bait and switch still hurts.

But yeah, those who found Raiden annoying were probably won over by his intro in MGS 4, let alone Revengeance.
#13SugarBoogersPosted 4/27/2013 7:08:16 PM(edited)
rolanthas posted...
I never saw the issue with Raiden himself, it was rather about NOT being able to play Snake for the full MGS 2 for me. That bait and switch still hurts.

But yeah, those who found Raiden annoying were probably won over by his intro in MGS 4, let alone Revengeance.

I actually was lukewarm to Raiden in 2, but then hated him in 4.

Partly because the cyborg suit looked silly, but mostly because the badass gecko killing didn't mesh with the angst and he seemed badly written.

But then Revengeance cleared everything up by making him a badass with emotional moments that were just as badass, and actually made me empathize with the fact that he was questioning his own humanity as a result of both his cybernetics and Jack the Ripper within him.

EDIT: So IMO, Raiden did redeem himself...of his MGS4 characterization. I thought what he became in that game was an unnecessary change to what he was in MGS2, but MGR has now given that change meaning.
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards
#14Arkane DenialPosted 4/28/2013 7:04:21 PM
For me, it's like Quinton Flynn redeemed himself.
---
Booker T: "PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! " - Paulina_Pierce
#15Hunter1534Posted 4/28/2013 7:29:06 PM
Arkane Denial posted...
For me, it's like Quinton Flynn redeemed himself.

He was a great VA in all 3 games.... unless you mean his abomination of a character in thoss kingdom farts games? Then yes..

That was real immature of me....lol.
---
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hara kari rock. I NEED SCISSORS! 61!
#16zyrax2301Posted 4/28/2013 7:36:21 PM
Absolutely.

I actually liked him in MGS2, but as a rookie next to Snake it was hard to respect him. Now he's saved Solid Snake in MGS4 AND taken his place in the future of MGS...he's totally stepped out of Snake's shadow and become a hero in his own right. Raiden is awesome.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#17E2I_GODPosted 4/28/2013 7:40:08 PM
if i recall, his character was designed that way so the player could identify with him whether you were male or female, instead of just playing as snake. Taking down the harrier and rays made him a badass, he also survived torture like snake too.