My friend wants to play the game in "chronological order"

#11Banjo2553Posted 5/2/2013 8:35:16 AM
Yeah, he should do the main story first. The final boss of Sam's DLC spoils the surprise in the main story.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#12personae777Posted 5/2/2013 9:49:54 AM
That's kinda what I'm doing TC.

I'm gonna play sam first...then play the main campaign up until I start the final level in the main story...then play bladewolf *thats if it takes place before the ending* and then finally finish it all off by doing the final Raiden level.
#13Ein_SophPosted 5/2/2013 9:52:28 AM
personae777 posted...
That's kinda what I'm doing TC.

I'm gonna play sam first...then play the main campaign up until I start the final level in the main story...then play bladewolf *thats if it takes place before the ending* and then finally finish it all off by doing the final Raiden level.

This wouldn't happen to be the first time you play the game, would it?
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#14personae777Posted 5/2/2013 2:21:05 PM
Actually i'm not going to lie, I didn' t play the game till the Sam dlc came out. So I already learned what Senator Hulk was capable of. Then I was gonna play the main game once bladewolf came out.

I then learned a bit before hand that sunny appears in this game already.

So it will be my first time playing through the whole game instead of maybe just doing a chapter over and over again.
#15SigmaSlashPosted 5/2/2013 3:58:02 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Better to do main story first if he doesn't know about the final boss

Agreed. Jetstream's story spoils Armstrong's power.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMnhk26J1bM (Proof that Superman and Sephiroth are one and the same.)
#16ShadowHearsePosted 5/2/2013 4:09:56 PM
Playing the DLC ruins a lot of great moments in Raiden's story, do the main game first.
#17Ein_SophPosted 5/2/2013 4:12:15 PM
personae777 posted...
Actually i'm not going to lie, I didn' t play the game till the Sam dlc came out. So I already learned what Senator Hulk was capable of. Then I was gonna play the main game once bladewolf came out.

I then learned a bit before hand that sunny appears in this game already.

So it will be my first time playing through the whole game instead of maybe just doing a chapter over and over again.

Yeah, I got Armstrong spoiled for me while looking for the game songs. This was before I finished the game but each time I defeated a boss, I'd go online and look for their themes since they are so kickass. I didn't actually click on the spoiler youtube video but it was RIGHT THERE in the recommended list, the picture shown was that of Raiden punching a Hulked up guy with glasses
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#18RaengPosted 5/2/2013 11:57:54 PM
Better to do main story first if he doesn't know about the final boss

This. The DLC spoils a lot of the game. Both in terms of enemy types and bosses as you retread a lot of ground really fast. I'm afraid that if he plays the DLC first the main game will be less attractive.

Honestly, just play the series in order of release. As that's how they were meant to be played. There are references of MGS1 and MGS2 in MGS3, even though it takes place prior for instance. He'd miss out on a lot of those.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15