So, Platinum has put up the lyrics on their blog...

#1Nightmare966Posted 5/2/2013 3:25:26 AM
Since I know there's people here who like these songs just as much as me, I figured out you'd be interested to know that PG have put up a new blog entry dedicated to the musicians, and they've linked a Lyrics booklet page to it:

http://platinumgames.com/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-vocal-tracks-lyrics/
---
PSN: Nightmare966
#2U_JPosted 5/2/2013 8:28:58 AM
thx
---
Plug it, play it, burn it, rip it, drag and drop it, zip unzip it
#3SugarBoogersPosted 5/2/2013 9:12:35 AM
Red Sun

"transform Eden"; that's much less blunt than "transform me" and more fitting the song

"arid breeze" instead of "arid wind" sounds weird, not sure if that's a translation error

The Stains of Time

I'm not sure how I feel about "And it will flow/glow" being "And it will come", but wtvr
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards
#4syctheweilderPosted 5/2/2013 12:01:57 PM
"Guitars: Johnny Death"

Wait what
#5PhaildPosted 5/2/2013 12:13:18 PM
syctheweilder posted...
"Guitars: Johnny Death"

Wait what

You thought the soundtrack was composed by mere mortals?
---
Current rank: Cpl. / Exp. required for promotion: 7 days
Let's dance.
#6syctheweilderPosted 5/2/2013 12:16:20 PM
"The fires of greed will burn the weak
So we’ll make freedom obsolete
Making whole the fabric of society

Collective consciousness controlled as you will see"

These lines seem to be changed from the original version. On that track, it says "the human heart is obsolete". The first line is different as well, though it's a bit unintelligible. Finally, it says "breaking down" instead of "making whole"...

skip to bout 1:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qclqpDZ-Ssk

Why do ya think these were changed?
#7Onikage33Posted 5/2/2013 12:24:11 PM
I have new found appreciation for "Red Sun." Never realized those lyrics were so badass. Also that CD cover is so much better than the one I got. : ( Believe thats the first print limited Japanese version.
---
Believe in the Shield.
#8ukokira1Posted 5/2/2013 1:50:31 PM
syctheweilder posted...

These lines seem to be changed from the original version. On that track, it says "the human heart is obsolete". The first line is different as well, though it's a bit unintelligible. Finally, it says "breaking down" instead of "making whole"...

Maybe they didnt have Armstrong fleshed out as much and when they doid they changed the song to reflect him more.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#9vgman94Posted 5/3/2013 3:28:58 AM
The "breeze" and "come" parts of the lyrics for Red Sun and The Stains of Time respectively are pure crap. The song sounds nothing like those words. Other than that, I like the clarification on some parts like "pouring down on me" and "Eden"
#10syctheweilderPosted 5/3/2013 11:05:53 AM
ukokira1 posted...
syctheweilder posted...

Maybe they didnt have Armstrong fleshed out as much and when they doid they changed the song to reflect him more.

Finalized armstrong seems to gel more with the original lyrics though, especially considering his whole goal was to turn america into an extreme, almost anarchic version of itself, which clashes heavily with those lines, especially the line about freedom being obsolete.

Then again at this point in the story the player still thinks he's every inch the cartoon GOP supervillain that the writers want them to believe he is.