Questions about the final boss fight. (Spoilers)

#1RitalinfiendPosted 5/4/2013 6:59:55 PM
So I'm at the part where you get the red sword from the dog. I've saved my healing items and I first wanted to know if there are any more checkpoints in this fight or if I may as well use my items without worrying if Ill need them for another phase.

Also anyone have any tips other then "get some skill" for this part of the fight? I can't seem to parry here as easily as I've been able to up until this point. Really any tips would be appreciated. I'm really at a loss here. I don't think I'm too terrible at these sort of games. This fight has definitely given me more trouble then anything in the ninja gaiden games, DMC games, or any other metal gear game. Hell, I've had an easier time with dark souls bosses on NG+7. I think I must be missing something obvious here since this game doesn't seem to have a reputation for being that tough.

Anyway any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
---
Candy: Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
#2schucklate82Posted 5/4/2013 7:31:48 PM
Ritalinfiend posted...
So I'm at the part where you get the red sword from the dog. I've saved my healing items and I first wanted to know if there are any more checkpoints in this fight or if I may as well use my items without worrying if Ill need them for another phase.

Also anyone have any tips other then "get some skill" for this part of the fight? I can't seem to parry here as easily as I've been able to up until this point. Really any tips would be appreciated. I'm really at a loss here. I don't think I'm too terrible at these sort of games. This fight has definitely given me more trouble then anything in the ninja gaiden games, DMC games, or any other metal gear game. Hell, I've had an easier time with dark souls bosses on NG+7. I think I must be missing something obvious here since this game doesn't seem to have a reputation for being that tough.

Anyway any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well parrying makes this fight easier if you can get it down versus Armstrong. If you can't get the parrying down then you will have to win by slowly working his health down, use JTR mode when he does the lava stream move (he always does this at the beginning of the fight. QTE's are going to be your friends...whenever he does the flaming clothesline move hold block which with initiate a QTE even which you can do if remember 20-30 damage to him if you succeed. If you don't block then he does a elbow drop which I think if you win that one you get 10 damage.

If you are good at blade mode, when you get him down under 150% he will throw cars at you at certain points in the battle, successfully destroy the cars and you get to do I think 20-30 damage on him...(this also drops healing items.)

Those are the slow ways to kill him but really, parry is kind of key in this fight if you want to make it easier.
#3ShadowHearsePosted 5/4/2013 7:32:00 PM
Don't be a candy ass or he'll get his hands on you and break you in two.
#4ShadowHearsePosted 5/4/2013 7:34:08 PM
With his bare hands.
#5Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 8:09:40 PM
Finally got him. Just kept using ripper mode and blade mode to keep hitting him, then using recharge items to keep doing that. I ran past the debris rather then try to use blade mode on them. I could never get blade mode that precise. Ended up going through all of my healing items and down to a sliver of my health. Plus I got really lucky a few times. Don't plan on playing this again for a while. The rest of the game was a perfect challenge but this fight was just painful. Don't feel like going through that again any time soon.
---
Candy: Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
#6Onikage33Posted 5/4/2013 8:26:48 PM
I know TC said he cleared boss. But him or anyone else that has problems with the BM cutting debris part, remember to use ripper mode. You might find you can finally get it. The second is hardest. You have to angle up left stick really far. Would have to double check but I think last two (last debris and Armstrong) you hardly have to use right stick and they can be fairly straight cuts with square button.
---
Believe in the Shield.
#7DullahansXMarkPosted 5/4/2013 10:28:27 PM
Ritalinfiend posted...
So I'm at the part where you get the red sword from the dog.

I can't lie, this sentence right here amuses me so much.