Blade Wolf DLC up on JP PSN Store

#1KojiSakujinPosted 5/8/2013 8:54:25 PM
After refreshing the JP PSN Store for about an hour now, they finally put up the 'Blade Wolf' DLC for 1,000 yen. It's also 2GB big. For those interested, I'll be uploading some gameplay footage that will be viewable by morning (since I plan on uploading a whole playthrough for one video). I'd rather just get the gameplay out as soon as I can, so I'll just set it to easy to show how LQ-84i plays, then bump up the difficulty later just to experience it at a harder level.
---
Currently playing: Shin Sangoku Musou 7 (PS3)
PSN: TetsuyaHikari / Youtube: GamingHeroTetsuya
#2SigmaSlashPosted 5/8/2013 9:37:39 PM(edited)
What's your Youtube account so we can watch?

Edit: Derp, just read your signature. Never mind.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMnhk26J1bM (Proof that Superman and Sephiroth are one and the same.)
#3juuinmadaraPosted 5/8/2013 11:15:42 PM
I just played it and I thought that it was pretty fun! I think they made the dodge invincibility frames much shorter, cause I got grabbed almost every time. Either that or I suck at dodging :/
And I thought it was a little hard to move with him; he doesn't have Sam's double jump or Raiden's parkour. One VR mission took me 20 minutes cause you have to measure each jump to the next moving block perfectly...
But Khamsin was really fun to fight! A new enemy finally!
#4vgman94Posted 5/8/2013 11:20:58 PM
juuinmadara posted...
I just played it and I thought that it was pretty fun! I think they made the dodge invincibility frames much shorter, cause I got grabbed almost every time. Either that or I suck at dodging :/
And I thought it was a little hard to move with him; he doesn't have Sam's double jump or Raiden's parkour. One VR mission took me 20 minutes cause you have to measure each jump to the next moving block perfectly...
But Khamsin was really fun to fight! A new enemy finally!

Glad to know Khamsin's a good boss. Can you tell me about the movesets? I want to know about the combo capability and how many moves he has. I've seen his claw combo and Circular Saw move from the trailer, but I want to know if he has the "Combination" attack from his boss fights. I also know of his knife throwing and that jump move, but I'd like to know a little more.
#5juuinmadaraPosted 5/8/2013 11:40:03 PM(edited)
I think he has basically Sam's moveset (the button sequences). Like no spin-left-stick triangle (Raiden's Storm Bringer) or down-up-Square/Triangle.

I just put away my PS3 and it's 3AM here, but from what I remember:
Square (S): Claw Swipe
SS: Double Claw Swipe
SSS: Triple Claw Swipe
Triangle (T): Chainsaw Swing (vertical) btw, it can smash generic/armored soldiers into the ground
TT: +Circular Chainsaw Swing
TTT: 3rd Chainsaw Swing, but I forget the exact animation
^^S: Same as Raiden's, you kick the enemy into the air
^^T: Pounce (although you can't do random jumps like in the main campaign Wolf)
Aerial S: I think Air Swipes (didn't really use this)
Aerial T: Spins in the air with the chainsaw and gets like a 6-hit combo. I think this is the main damaging attack, but I was trying to clear it quickly, so I didn't really bother to make sure
X+T: Dodge (doesn't do damage, like Sam's)

By "Combination attack from his boss fight", do you mean the random jumps and then the impale attack? I'm pretty sure that you can't do that...He has Ninja Kills with unique animations for each enemy and position!

2 Throwing Knives kill a generic soldier and Slider, but I used all 10 (you can hold 10 at a time) on a Mastiff, and it didn't even break the armor for one body part. I don't know if headshots apply (again, was trying to finish quickly), although I did aim at the head for the soldier.

Wolf has AR vision (same button) and he can crouch by pressing the left stick. Two soldier's almost caught me, but I crouched behind a box and they couldn't find me lol. No Ripper Mode or Taunt though.

You can Ninja "Kill" Khamsin too! Spoil or no spoil? I don't know how to do the black highlighting...

Hope that helps!
#6KojiSakujin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 11:57:56 PM
juuinmadara posted...
I think he has basically Sam's moveset (the button sequences). Like no spin-left-stick triangle (Raiden's Storm Bringer) or down-up-Square/Triangle.

Triangle (T): Chainsaw Swing (vertical) btw, it can smash generic/armored soldiers into the ground
Aerial T: Spins in the air with the chainsaw and gets like a 6-hit combo. I think this is the main damaging attack, but I was trying to clear it quickly, so I didn't really bother to make sure

By "Combination attack from his boss fight", do you mean the random jumps and then the impale attack? I'm pretty sure that you can't do that...He has Ninja Kills with unique animations for each enemy and position!

2 Throwing Knives kill a generic soldier and Slider, but I used all 10 (you can hold 10 at a time) on a Mastiff, and it didn't even break the armor for one body part. I don't know if headshots apply (again, was trying to finish quickly), although I did aim at the head for the soldier.

Wolf has AR vision (same button) and he can crouch by pressing the left stick. Two soldier's almost caught me, but I crouched behind a box and they couldn't find me lol. No Ripper Mode or Taunt though.

You can Ninja "Kill" Khamsin too! Spoil or no spoil? I don't know how to do the black highlighting...

Hope that helps!

Oh. Well, at least now I know how he was crouching during that one part, lol. I'm like, "Wait! No no! Get behind the couch again! Argh! How did you do that, Wolf?!"

Also, yeah... Screw VR missions. Good grief. I spent waaaaaaaay too much time on those alone, haha. Wolf's movement is so finicky with ninja run. He tends to slide and I'm like, "Aw ****! I overestimated it!" or I don't put enough 'omph!' behind his legs to make the jump.

Takes some getting used to since he's so fast, but I had a blast using him.
---
Currently playing: Shin Sangoku Musou 7 (PS3)
PSN: TetsuyaHikari / Youtube: GamingHeroTetsuya
#7vgman94Posted 5/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
juuinmadara posted...

Hope that helps!

2 things:

1. It's something of a spoiler, but I appreciate it. I didn't know there was a way to Ninja Kill Khamsin. I assume this only does damage though. His moveset sounds semi-simple, but good enough.

2, Combination attack is the 3-hit swing with the Chainsaw that Bladewolf does in his first fight and I think Sam's fight too. He says "Combination attack complete" if he gets all hits off. He starts off with a Chainsaw swing (don't know how), then does a horizontal swing and finishes it off with a third, downward swing (I Believe he does a flip to swing the chainsaw to the ground). The TT and TTT attacks you describe seem to fight the bill. So it seems Combination attack is simply his heavy combo. So his "rush forward" attack is the pounce he does sometimes? He does the singular pounce too, because he does that triple-jump after some damage. But usually does his pounce move first without the pre-emptive jumps.

It's a great help. I think this will be the best DLC this year! I can't wait!
#8juuinmadaraPosted 5/9/2013 12:30:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9ken02040608Posted 5/9/2013 12:30:04 AM
Hey, which battle songs do they re-use?
---
A signature? Please!...Aint nobody got time for that!
#10juuinmadaraPosted 5/9/2013 12:34:38 AM(edited)
ken02040608 posted...
Hey, which battle songs do they re-use?

They mostly use Wolf's theme whenever he gets in an Alert fight. I remember hearing the Denver and Abkhazia themes a few times? I was speed-running since it was 2AM and I have an exam in less than 48 hours...

"Hot Winds" is Khamsin's theme (that unused vocal track)!!!