So, how are the sales figures for Rising?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. So, how are the sales figures for Rising?
3 years ago#1
It's been quite a while after release and I haven't seen an actual number yet.

Or has it been reported by Konami already?
Really run out of ideas for signature.
3 years ago#2
Konami said they sold 3.15m Metal Gear games, but didn't list individual numbers
3 years ago#3
Wait, you mean 31.5 million, right?

Anyway, thanks for the answer. Seems no one knows at the moment.
Really run out of ideas for signature.
3 years ago#4
I think there was an article that stated Kojima was pleased with how it all turned out & that he would love to collaborate with Platinum Games for a sequel. At least that tells me the game must've met their expectations after praise from KojiPro.
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990
3 years ago#5
The last numbers I saw had it barely breaking 1 mil worldwide across both platforms.

In other words, it sold well for a hack n slash, but not great. For a Metal Gear game it sold very poorly. Hopefully Konami understands the difference.
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
3 years ago#6
MurphysGhost posted...
The last numbers I saw had it barely breaking 1 mil worldwide across both platforms.

In other words, it sold well for a hack n slash, but not great. For a Metal Gear game it sold very poorly. Hopefully Konami understands the difference.

Look at post above you.
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
3 years ago#7
ukokira1 posted...

Look at post above you.

PR statements = / = what business people actually think.
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
3 years ago#8
Didn't Kojima say that if Ground Zeroes was a failure they could always fall back on the sales from Metal Gear Rising?
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
3 years ago#9
Gencoil posted...
Didn't Kojima say that if Ground Zeroes was a failure they could always fall back on the sales from Metal Gear Rising?

I highly doubt he said that.
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
3 years ago#10
Gencoil posted...

It's the other way around. If MGR was a failure then they would fall back on Ground Zereos. That's what he had to tell his bosses because they were worried about MGR being successful and he wasn't.
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. So, how are the sales figures for Rising?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived