So, how are the sales figures for Rising?

#1GjangPosted 5/14/2013 11:07:45 PM
It's been quite a while after release and I haven't seen an actual number yet.

Or has it been reported by Konami already?
---
Really run out of ideas for signature.
#2sworderPosted 5/14/2013 11:20:47 PM
Konami said they sold 3.15m Metal Gear games, but didn't list individual numbers
#3Gjang(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 12:13:30 AM
Wait, you mean 31.5 million, right?

Anyway, thanks for the answer. Seems no one knows at the moment.
---
Really run out of ideas for signature.
#4ReceiverxWisdomPosted 5/15/2013 12:41:19 AM
I think there was an article that stated Kojima was pleased with how it all turned out & that he would love to collaborate with Platinum Games for a sequel. At least that tells me the game must've met their expectations after praise from KojiPro.
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#5MurphysGhostPosted 5/15/2013 4:55:04 AM(edited)
The last numbers I saw had it barely breaking 1 mil worldwide across both platforms.

In other words, it sold well for a hack n slash, but not great. For a Metal Gear game it sold very poorly. Hopefully Konami understands the difference.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#6ukokira1Posted 5/15/2013 5:38:39 AM
MurphysGhost posted...
The last numbers I saw had it barely breaking 1 mil worldwide across both platforms.

In other words, it sold well for a hack n slash, but not great. For a Metal Gear game it sold very poorly. Hopefully Konami understands the difference.

Look at post above you.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#7MurphysGhostPosted 5/15/2013 5:45:16 AM
ukokira1 posted...

Look at post above you.

PR statements = / = what business people actually think.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#8GencoilPosted 5/15/2013 5:59:27 AM
Didn't Kojima say that if Ground Zeroes was a failure they could always fall back on the sales from Metal Gear Rising?
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#9SHMYazooPosted 5/15/2013 6:05:13 AM
Gencoil posted...
Didn't Kojima say that if Ground Zeroes was a failure they could always fall back on the sales from Metal Gear Rising?

I highly doubt he said that.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#10RichterB17Posted 5/15/2013 6:07:42 AM
Gencoil posted...

It's the other way around. If MGR was a failure then they would fall back on Ground Zereos. That's what he had to tell his bosses because they were worried about MGR being successful and he wasn't.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden