The future of MGS is saddening.

#31Onikage33Posted 5/17/2013 5:13:14 AM
Great read James Mason. And I love your sig. Vae Victis!!
---
Believe in the Shield.
#32DJ_0000Posted 5/17/2013 5:36:56 AM
They aren't going to make any MGS games set after 4 so it doesn't make a difference.
#33AtumReignPosted 5/17/2013 5:49:54 AM
DJ_0000 posted...
They aren't going to make any MGS games set after 4 so it doesn't make a difference.

Yeah, and Kojima said he was done with MGS games for good after MGS1 then after MGS2 then MGS3 then MGS4, then Peace Walker. Now he's doing MGS Ground Zeros and MGS5, if anything is set in stone, it's that NOTHING is set in stone.
#34chareyPosted 5/17/2013 6:48:22 AM
Rising_shadow posted...
Any given military grade cyborg has better reflexes than Snake has ever had even in his prime.
Actually this is one of the few things that becoming a cyborg does not enhance. In a Codec call Riaden and Kevin talk about the possibility of a cyborg sports league and Kevin mentions that the skill and reflexes of a cyborg is the individual person's ability and not from the upgrades .
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#35Gnosis_Guyver1Posted 5/17/2013 7:41:34 AM
snake could beat them obviously not head on most of his fights he has never fought head on example the tank in MGS1 no way he can beat that by just shooting it. them being superhuman means very little since superhuman beings have been beaten by normal people in fiction. and snake is hardly ordinary.

obviously the main thing with snake would be the same as blade wolf pure stealth in one codec call in the first mission if hit the soldiers with a normal attack they will open fire on you she calls and tells you this blade wolf isn't suited for head on battle and shes right wolf takes way more damage than raiden and sam. im guessing in revengance difficulty some attack would be instant kills

snake would be this way not letting himself be seen at all.
---
Nothing is true everything is permitted.
#36TrueBURPPosted 5/17/2013 11:41:36 AM
The thing with Snake is, he always goes against the odds. I mean, he fought a tank, a Hind-D, and at least three goddamns Metal Gears, for crying's sake.. I can totally see he going up against Monsoon with a belt full of chaff grenades e kicking the hell outta him if it comes to that. Snake is way more brains than he is brawls.

But I guess that won't really happen, as the ending of MGS4 really had that whole retirement feel for him. The future of the series setting I guess it's to MGR's and other eventual spin-offs (how about a Metal Gear Otacon? That would be fun, heheh). I'd put money on the MGS main series now going to the prequels, with Big Boss as the main protagonist.
---
SCREAM POETRY...
#37-BrokenSpiral-Posted 5/17/2013 12:54:00 PM
Onikage33 posted...

What?

*Sees sig*

Vae Victus indeed!
#38Onikage33Posted 5/17/2013 12:58:54 PM
-BrokenSpiral- posted...
Onikage33 posted...

What?

*Sees sig*

Vae Victus indeed!

You know I still have nerd fantasies that they will remake that game on current systems. Who knows, maybe someday!
---
Believe in the Shield.
#39chaosflame108Posted 5/17/2013 1:29:26 PM
The B & B core are about as pre-rising cyborg as you're gonna get, and Snake(in his weakest incarnation) roflstomped them. So....yeah, I doubt he would have any problems in the Rising era. -____-

Also, some things to consider.

- Vamp(a normal human), was easily keeping up with omgwtfhaxorscyborgRaiden.

- *coughSnakevsGreyfoxcough*

- Cyborgs are still vulnerable in the head just like humans; all Snake would need is a tranq/bullet strong enough to pierce their shells. Otacon could easily create such a thing.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#40-BrokenSpiral-Posted 5/17/2013 1:34:52 PM
Onikage33 posted...
You know I still have nerd fantasies that they will remake that game on current systems. Who knows, maybe someday!

I heard talk of a reboot with a different art style. Hopefully they nab Amy Hennig or the Blood Omen writers again, or pay someone to study the writing for months before working on the games if it is true.

If they did remake them, I'd be looking forward to Melchiah most of all in HD. One can dream...