PC? ! ! ! Huh? What was that?!

#11HiddenBlade_XPosted 5/17/2013 5:19:33 AM
Very few games are truly open to being modded - I'd probably put money on this not being one. I'm sure you'll get some trainers for infinite health etc, but I wouldn't hope for much more than that.
I'd also consider japanese developers don't have a great track history in porting games to PC. See: Dark Souls: PTDE

I would like to think this will be good, but can't quite honestly say I believe it will be.
---
i5 2500k @ 3.3Ghz | Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600Mhz | MSi HD 7970 | MSi Military Class II P67
#12jurrian91Posted 5/17/2013 5:26:43 AM
HiddenBlade_X posted...
Very few games are truly open to being modded - I'd probably put money on this not being one. I'm sure you'll get some trainers for infinite health etc, but I wouldn't hope for much more than that.
I'd also consider japanese developers don't have a great track history in porting games to PC. See: Dark Souls: PTDE

I would like to think this will be good, but can't quite honestly say I believe it will be.

They could outsource the project to a company that does have plenty of PC development experience (e.g. Nixxes).
---
Magnetic force, Jack!
Nature's force!
#13vazurahan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 5:30:04 AM
jurrian91 posted...
HiddenBlade_X posted...

They could outsource the project to a company that does have plenty of PC development experience (e.g. Nixxes).

They already confirmed in their forum that they are not going to outsource their ports anymore.
---
Official PlatinumGames Metal Gear Rising Revengeance forum
http://community.platinumgames.com/forum.php
#14LumusidereusPosted 5/17/2013 5:45:05 AM
HiddenBlade_X posted...
Very few games are truly open to being modded - I'd probably put money on this not being one.

Even assuming that it's true that that very few games are open to being modded (which is false, by the way), I don't see why they would choose to make this a "hard to mod" game. All it takes is skilled people interested in modding it, it would be stupid to release this game for PC just as a graphic upgrade since very few people would have the slightest interest in getting it again then.

I also hope they don't have to think twice about whether to release a complete edition for PC or not, because otherwise they are suiciding their sales.

And about the quality of the port...they are probably not going to make a crappy work, knowing that this is their first step in a very interesting scenario that could open big doors for them.
#15PyroSparkPosted 5/17/2013 7:29:32 AM
I look forward to playing as Blade Wolf in Raiden levels.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#16mgs4fan540Posted 5/17/2013 10:01:33 AM
I think the pc controls would be uber ass though.

probably need a controller for the pc version/.
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#17ukokira1Posted 5/17/2013 10:08:28 AM
mgs4fan540 posted...

This. At least the blade mode controls.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#18LumusidereusPosted 5/17/2013 10:20:08 AM
Seriously, who plays a hack and slash like this on PC without a controller? Be realistic.
#19KojiSakujinPosted 5/17/2013 10:20:52 AM
ukokira1 posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...

This. At least the blade mode controls.

Ahhh... The beauty of playing PC games with a PS3 controller, lol.
---
Currently playing: Shin Sangoku Musou 7 (PS3)
PSN: TetsuyaHikari / Youtube: GamingHeroTetsuya
#20HiddenBlade_XPosted 5/17/2013 2:27:50 PM
Lumusidereus posted...

No, really, there aren't that many games released within the last few years that you can mod properly. For meaningful modding (which I'm going to assume is what you want - something more than texture swaps) to be possible developers generally have to release some kind of toolkit alongside the game - e.g. The G.E.C.K. / Creation Kit for recent Bethesda games or the various Source tools Valve have released.

The large majority of modern game releases, the devs simply don't release any kind of tools, maybe because they think it'll lower DLC sales, maybe just out of laziness. When you see how many of us are already willing to purchase a second time, you do wonder what motivation they'd have to go to any extra effort.

This is all not to say that it'd be impossible, only to say that modding isn't quite the magic it is in your head, and that getting something cool from this game would most likely require more effort and dedication than your average modder is willing to show.
---
i5 2500k @ 3.3Ghz | Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600Mhz | MSi HD 7970 | MSi Military Class II P67