Smoke tactic discovered against Khamsin (video inside)

#1KojiSakujinPosted 5/17/2013 5:45:59 AM
So, I was messing around some more with the Blade Wolf DLC, trying to figure out how I could shave some more time off the Khamsin fight and I finally discovered a nice little trick to do so. You can read the description for the video if you want details (I'd really rather not type everything over again to explain, lol). Needless to say though, I managed to beat my best time against him by about 3 seconds.

A shame I wasn't aware of this when doing my Revengeance speed run, heh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZvQgMAOVxM
---
Currently playing: Shin Sangoku Musou 7 (PS3)
PSN: TetsuyaHikari / Youtube: GamingHeroTetsuya
#2LumusidereusPosted 5/17/2013 5:48:33 AM
You opened a new topic and made a video just to show you using RP Grenades. Do you realize this?
#3SwiftmendPosted 5/17/2013 5:50:50 AM
I still have to say the end of that fight is just awesome.
---
"Hey, would you say I became a hero?" - Zack Fair, FF7:Crisis Core
#4KojiSakujin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 6:09:00 AM
Lumusidereus posted...
You opened a new topic and made a video just to show you using RP Grenades. Do you realize this?

You replied back to a topic without knowing the purpose of it just to point out you don't know what you're talking about. Do you realize this?

I told you once before, if you have some beef with me, send me a PM. This is your second warning. If you choose to harass me again, I'll have you reported. Now I suggest you stop.

You don't have anything constructive to say, then simply move on. If you had read the description of the video, you would have known what the purpose of the RP Grenades were. I guess I shouldn't expect anything less though since you're the same person who also claimed in another topic, and I quote:

Item usage is for noobs.
---
#5Xaldin0011Posted 5/17/2013 7:53:21 AM
Lumusidereus posted...

You're being a dick for no reason. Do you realize this?

Good job with the video, it's awesome to find new little tricks like this. Plus it looks kewl to not even sneak behind Khamsin and just jump into the Hunt Kill from the air.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDHCLjuOzXY
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#6KojiSakujin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 9:16:01 AM(edited)
Xaldin0011 posted...

Good job with the video, it's awesome to find new little tricks like this. Plus it looks kewl to not even sneak behind Khamsin and just jump into the Hunt Kill from the air.

Yeah, the timing is kind of strict though. It's so weird, cause sometimes it won't let you do it and you'll get an alert without being able to use Hunting anyway. There are other times the smoke simply doesn't stick to him. It's a shame you can't just hit him with one right before he jumps, lol.

I tried a few times and most of the time, he knocks you out of the vicinity of the smoke, so he's not affected by it. There were a handful of times it worked, but most of the time... It was just better to toss it right before you parry. Now if only I could figure out how to perfect parry with no damage all the time!

Most of the time, the bullets will hit me when I perform the perfect parry, but sometimes they don't. I'm still not sure what determines this.

EDIT: Actually, after checking this JP player's video, I just realized how to do it, haha. You simply have to dodge before performing the perfect parry. Huh... I never would have guessed you had enough time to do it that way :o
---
#7Onikage33Posted 5/17/2013 11:51:21 AM
Koji-san finally checked out your you-tube channel now that I'm finished with Wolfy. LOL at the Japanese karaoke thing or whatever that was. It's stuck in my head now! Will be going back when I have more time to watch DLC vids. I love how the Japanese version has white blood and wish US version had option to change. Also didn't realize at first you had Sam vids too so can't wait to watch those.

When I have the money I want to get Japanese version because of how much I'm into this game and for white blood and different voices( just wish they had english subtitles) Will want to get DLC too. Created a euro account so creating a Japanese one shouldn't be a problem. Whats the most trustworthy place to get a Japan PSN card? Remember I live in US. Thanks in advance.
---
Believe in the Shield.
#8themasterllworkPosted 5/17/2013 12:57:22 PM
Onikage33 posted...
When I have the money I want to get Japanese version because of how much I'm into this game and for white blood and different voices( just wish they had english subtitles) Will want to get DLC too. Created a euro account so creating a Japanese one shouldn't be a problem. Whats the most trustworthy place to get a Japan PSN card? Remember I live in US. Thanks in advance.

Two places most importers get PSN-J cards are:
http://www.play-asia.com
http://www.japan-codes.com/

Japan-Code may require phone call confirmation to assure the order, but is cheaper and reliable which my friend use all the time.
---
http://www.youtube.com/masterll
(Swyping on Galaxy S2)
#9Onikage33Posted 5/17/2013 1:03:42 PM
themasterllwork posted...
Onikage33 posted...

Two places most importers get PSN-J cards are:
http://www.play-asia.com
http://www.japan-codes.com/

Japan-Code may require phone call confirmation to assure the order, but is cheaper and reliable which my friend use all the time.

Thank you.
---
Believe in the Shield.
#10KojiSakujin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 1:45:01 PM
Onikage33 posted...
Koji-san finally checked out your you-tube channel now that I'm finished with Wolfy. LOL at the Japanese karaoke thing or whatever that was. It's stuck in my head now! Will be going back when I have more time to watch DLC vids. I love how the Japanese version has white blood and wish US version had option to change. Also didn't realize at first you had Sam vids too so can't wait to watch those.

Thanks, haha. Master LL pretty much already answered your question though. Japan-codes is cheaper, plus they have 500 yen codes sometimes (they seem to sell out pretty quick), but my only problem with them is that I usually have to wait a while before getting my code. So, I just use Play-Asia instead and pay a little extra to get my code immediately after payment.

That is, of course, if you go the digital route :3

Also, totally unrelated here, but... Answer your Youtube PM, Master LL ;w;
---