Started my Permadeath playthrough (video inside)

#1RaengPosted 6/4/2013 12:20:09 AM
Basically the idea was to copy Diablo3 in it's setup. Start a New Game on Hard, then Very Hard and then REV without dying. I managed to beat VH (almost died actually against Armstrong, got way too cocky); now time for REV.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4kbaApOkT0

Rules are:
* no wigs
* no deaths
* no restarts (!)
* no customize outside of chapter-endings
* no VR missions
* no farming

I'm pretty curious to see how far I'll get! I'll update this topic when new video's are released.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#2PyroSparkPosted 6/4/2013 1:36:58 AM
Sounds awesome.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#3NetherTraitor0Posted 6/4/2013 7:07:32 AM
Bat***t insane...
---
"There is dust before the wind" a quote from my favorite video game of all time, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Don't like it? #dealwithit
#4AtumReignPosted 6/4/2013 9:09:04 AM
You can use fox blade and/or armor breaker though? and nanopaste? should be interesting.
#5Raeng(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 9:30:29 AM
AtumReign posted...
You can use fox blade and/or armor breaker though? and nanopaste? should be interesting.

It's on a New Game ++, I haven't managed to unlock the Armor Breaker yet and I refuse to use the Fox Blade. Nanopaste is allowed or else I'd be long dead. You'd be surprised how hard the game actually is if you can't press Restart. Lot's of things can go wrong fast, which normally didn't bother me because "LOL PAUSE>RESTART" was only a click away and had no negative affect on any type of scoring.
---
www.youtube.com/royta15
#6AtumReignPosted 6/4/2013 9:37:11 AM
Raeng posted...
AtumReign posted...

It's on a New Game ++, I haven't managed to unlock the Armor Breaker yet and I refuse to use the Fox Blade. Nanopaste is allowed or else I'd be long dead. You'd be surprised how hard the game actually is if you can't press Restart. Lot's of things can go wrong fast, which normally didn't bother me because "LOL PAUSE>RESTART" was only a click away and had no negative affect on any type of scoring.

Oh I didn't mean that would make it easy by any means, just interesting. Without restarting I can imagine this getting really hard really fast. I barely get through the first fight in R-00 without dying most of the time. Are you going to do every fight or are you just trying to run through? I ask because I'm very interested to see how you would handle the Grad in the big lobby fight without some sort of assistance.;
#7Raeng(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 9:39:32 AM
AtumReign posted...
Raeng posted...
AtumReign posted...

Oh I didn't mean that would make it easy by any means, just interesting. Without restarting I can imagine this getting really hard really fast. I barely get through the first fight in R-00 without dying most of the time. Are you going to do every fight or are you just trying to run through? I ask because I'm very interested to see how you would handle the Grad in the big lobby fight without some sort of assistance.;

Survival as at the forefront so I'll be doing everything in my power to survive. Stealth and running away from fights is allowed. Just fought and uploaded the Dual-Grad fight; very scary. Didn't want to risk the PP at the start: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVjjffuUfuc
---
www.youtube.com/royta15
#8Onikage33Posted 6/7/2013 11:55:09 AM
Really like the idea and finally watched most of part one. Try to check out rest tonight. Good and entertaining stuff as always. Don't mean to sound like a broken record but still looking forward to finished combo vid. If it never happens that preview vid was good and loved at the end with Ranger song playing during Raiden's part.
---
The fire of justice is burning bright and we are the flames. Believe in the Shield.
#9darkslayer001Posted 6/7/2013 9:02:49 PM
NetherTraitor0 posted...
Bat***t insane...
#10Raeng(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2013 8:10:17 AM
Onikage33 posted...
Really like the idea and finally watched most of part one. Try to check out rest tonight. Good and entertaining stuff as always. Don't mean to sound like a broken record but still looking forward to finished combo vid. If it never happens that preview vid was good and loved at the end with Ranger song playing during Raiden's part.

It's okay, I'm hearing the voices that want it badly and it's coming. I'm making a list of combo's I want to put in. This week is a busy week as it's my birthday and I have to make a ton of arrangements. After that I'll slowly start picking up the project again! Glad people liked the preview so much!

First part of R-03 uploaded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQad-5zSJ2o&feature=youtu.be
---
www.youtube.com/royta15