Started my Permadeath playthrough (video inside)

#21geneocidePosted 6/13/2013 6:30:44 AM(edited)
Raeng posted...
Onikage33 posted...
Yeah, fighting multiple mastiffs kinda sucks. Raeng that newest run sounds brutal and I wouldn't have lasted that long. I wish I could come up with some interesting playthroughs for you to do. My mind's creative in some ways but I'm drawing blanks on this kind of stuff. You definitely seem like you're still enjoying game. Japanese themed area fight from permadeath was good and I could tell you were into it. LOL maybe you could fight Armstrong blindfolded and become a true ninja master! I wouldn't mind seeing some high level Sam gameplay but I guess there's only so much you can do with him with lack of customization and shorter campaign. Thanks for all the vids you put up so far.

Your words ring fondly in my mind! Really appreciate all the kind words. That said I am still enjoying the game but also slowly others. Recently bought Max Payne 3 and it's an absolute blast to play; great story also though a bit depressing.

A blind fight in this game isn't possible I believe (I've actually tried this in other games for teh lolz); as bosses don't have audio cues for a lot of their moves. Might be doable on easy though ;p

No at the moment my run through list is:
* Sam, Very Hard, No taunt, No items, No nano, every fight (will record this one)
* Raiden, Very Hard, No nano, no Stealth, All fights, can buy skills and weapons (no upgrades though), items allowed. Then it should be possible. (might record this one)
* Raiden, Revegeance, no camera control allowed (this one is just sadistic ;p)

And then I'm probably done with the game .. though I've been saying that for months..

Thats... thats.... Thats insane! And you and me both know you will keep playing it.

Why not very hard with a default wooden sword no nano, no upgrades, all fights?
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#22Onikage33Posted 6/13/2013 4:58:27 PM
YES on those new runs. I love it. You definitely have a glutton for punishment. Sounds like at least 2 will be recorded. Can't wait to see Minuano. Max Payne 3 is on my wish list. Loved the first one obviously because of bullet time and noir feeling. But also because of those creepy blood trail sequences. Never forgotten 'em and muted TV so I did'nt have to hear baby and that scream when you fell. Loved Ragna Rock too ( put Gangrel's theme song "Blood" on repeat during that part.) Anyway looking forward to vids!
---
The fire of justice is burning bright and we are the flames. Believe in the Shield.
#23Raeng(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 11:25:44 PM
Onikage33 posted...
YES on those new runs. I love it. You definitely have a glutton for punishment. Sounds like at least 2 will be recorded. Can't wait to see Minuano. Max Payne 3 is on my wish list. Loved the first one obviously because of bullet time and noir feeling. But also because of those creepy blood trail sequences. Never forgotten 'em and muted TV so I did'nt have to hear baby and that scream when you fell. Loved Ragna Rock too ( put Gangrel's theme song "Blood" on repeat during that part.) Anyway looking forward to vids!

I actually never played the other ones, same I know. But they never released for ye ol' Gamecube.
That said the game is really something. It takes forever to start up (insane load times) but when it does it's a very strong action/shooting game. Very rough feeling to it, you really feel like luck is your trick and raw talent. Not because of some hero fantasy.
Will post when I've started the runs! Next week I'm also starting my Combo Video again, shooting new combo's and re-editing the existing video : )

geneocide posted...

Why not very hard with a default wooden sword no nano, no upgrades, all fights?

I once did a VH, Inhibited Wooden Sword, No upgrades run and got bored to tears. I finished it but it was just really boring most of the time. For me a good balance between fun and hard is required or else I just can't get through it.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#24NetherTraitor0Posted 6/14/2013 7:44:25 AM
Raeng posted...
Onikage33 posted...
Yeah, fighting multiple mastiffs kinda sucks. Raeng that newest run sounds brutal and I wouldn't have lasted that long. I wish I could come up with some interesting playthroughs for you to do. My mind's creative in some ways but I'm drawing blanks on this kind of stuff. You definitely seem like you're still enjoying game. Japanese themed area fight from permadeath was good and I could tell you were into it. LOL maybe you could fight Armstrong blindfolded and become a true ninja master! I wouldn't mind seeing some high level Sam gameplay but I guess there's only so much you can do with him with lack of customization and shorter campaign. Thanks for all the vids you put up so far.

Your words ring fondly in my mind! Really appreciate all the kind words. That said I am still enjoying the game but also slowly others. Recently bought Max Payne 3 and it's an absolute blast to play; great story also though a bit depressing.

A blind fight in this game isn't possible I believe (I've actually tried this in other games for teh lolz); as bosses don't have audio cues for a lot of their moves. Might be doable on easy though ;p

No at the moment my run through list is:
* Sam, Very Hard, No taunt, No items, No nano, every fight (will record this one)
* Raiden, Very Hard, No nano, no Stealth, All fights, can buy skills and weapons (no upgrades though), items allowed. Then it should be possible. (might record this one)
* Raiden, Revegeance, no camera control allowed (this one is just sadistic ;p)

And then I'm probably done with the game .. though I've been saying that for months..

Hey, I suggested the Sam run! :) Slice a leg or 100.
---
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of The New World fan for eternity!
Don't like it? #dealwithit
#25Onikage33Posted 6/14/2013 6:49:31 PM
Raeng posted...

I actually never played the other ones, same I know. But they never released for ye ol' Gamecube.
That said the game is really something. It takes forever to start up (insane load times) but when it does it's a very strong action/shooting game. Very rough feeling to it, you really feel like luck is your trick and raw talent. Not because of some hero fantasy.
Will post when I've started the runs! Next week I'm also starting my Combo Video again, shooting new combo's and re-editing the existing video : )

Man that sucks about Max Payne. The game is like 12 years old( I think ), and I think it's held up nicely. If you're able try to play it. I think you might live in the Netherlands? I'm in the US maybe I could streeeeeeeetch my arm out to let you borrow my PS 2 and game.I guess if there's no way to play it, maybe check out play through on youtube. BTW 2 didn't suck but for me was forgettable. Gonna try to play 3 soon.

Stuff keeps getting better with your MGR projects! Have some teeny tiny requests. In combo vid would definitely like to see Japanese garden area and maybe Gray Fox at some point. Hoping you might have some different setups for Sam's BM charged quick draw upward slash zandatsu other than kick and sword launcher. If you're finished with his part or not interested it's no problem. You've put a lot of effort in vids already.

These are a few songs I like listening to when playing( not taking credit for vids,just posting links) Maybe one might sneak into one of your vids. Again it's okay if not interested and I know you're also always polite about things on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivPgO29vQJE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im5LaXnXbws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Dx3V0A5pw Good god I had a nerdgasm over this vid!
---
The fire of justice is burning bright and we are the flames. Believe in the Shield.
#26Raeng(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 2:51:43 AM
I appreciate the offer Onikage, but I'll get a PS2 down the line anyway to get some other games. Thanks though : )

About the combovideo, had some computer issues (almost lost the damn file in the process...) so will start working on it next monday on and off. Here's hoping I can finish it before the PC version is released. So far the idea is:

* Sam
* Raiden HFblade
* Raiden Sai
* Raiden Pincer
* Raiden Pole Arm
* Blade Wolf
* Barrel
* Gray Fox
* some random clips of fun things you can do

It'll be more of a "Rising showcase" then a combo video I'd say.

About music, sorry but that's very personal. I might include one but I try to keep it into what I like or think fits; thinking about using this one for the credits: https://www.endlessvideo.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw
Really love that song!

Anyway thanks for the continued support! Makes it all worth the while : )
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#27Onikage33Posted 6/20/2013 1:16:20 PM
That sounds awesome! I have a feeling this might be your swan song with the MGR vids, but sounds like you're going out with a bang. No problem about the music. I actually started thinking maybe I should not have even put that. It is your vid and you're putting work into it.

That Max Payne song sounds cool. For the most part I've avoided game play vids. But that song was in commercial for game and I listened to it few times on youtube and it is really good. Take your time with that vid and do your thing!
---