What would the boss strategies be if this was a Metal Gear SOLID game?????

#21Hunter1534Posted 6/6/2013 8:26:32 PM
Why? Because I'm not an ignorant fanboy who refuses to believe the main character can lose. I'm not a close minded kid.
---
http://memexico.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ibmaGaASDtiOiU.gif
#22AtumReignPosted 6/7/2013 8:41:16 AM
Hunter1534 posted...
Why? Because I'm not an ignorant fanboy who refuses to believe the main character can lose. I'm not a close minded kid.

You're getting your terms confused. Close minded means you're unwilling to consider possibilities. Like being unwilling to consider Snakes resourcefulness and INSISTING that he will lose no matter what. That is the very definition of being closed minded.

And if you aren't a fan of Metal Gear, why are you even commenting on Metal Gear topics?
#23TheLeafChildPosted 6/9/2013 10:21:51 AM
This reminded me of another topic here, about Big Boss vs Armstrong.

I think I suggested that gas would work, like smoke grenades, or sleep gas mines.

Stun grenades may also work, I can see it would be possible to blind and disorient him so that he may harm himself, or you can attack him while he's staggered.

And of course, with timing, you can hit Armstrong's fleshy parts, because the time it takes him to armor up is slower than a bullet.
---
"Yin and Yang are not good and evil. Their unity is good, their struggle is evil"
#24AtumReignPosted 6/9/2013 12:04:53 PM
TheLeafChild posted...
This reminded me of another topic here, about Big Boss vs Armstrong.

I think I suggested that gas would work, like smoke grenades, or sleep gas mines.

Stun grenades may also work, I can see it would be possible to blind and disorient him so that he may harm himself, or you can attack him while he's staggered.

And of course, with timing, you can hit Armstrong's fleshy parts, because the time it takes him to armor up is slower than a bullet.

That's what I'm saying, The second something new comes around so many people seem to forget the kind of **** Snake and Big Boss are capable of.
#25mad_hax_manPosted 6/12/2013 2:40:40 AM
AtumReign posted...
Shabugabugabuga posted...
AtumReign posted...
Shabugabugabuga posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Solid Snake would probably use friends

Like Raiden.

Anyone else bothering to consider that Snake (in his old ass form no less) was able to take Vamp down with little effort while Vamp was almost an exact equal match for Raiden at the time? Sure Raiden is stronger in his new body during Rising, but if Raiden gets updated tech surely Snake would too. I don't understand how so many people can call themselves Metal Gear fans while at the same time being so eager to see the main character lose.

Vamp's gimmick was regeneration and superhealing.

To put numbers to it, he has the defense stats of a human with regenerating hp, which stops regenerating with an injection.

Compare the MGR cyborg commanders or Armstrong, who have a set hp with astronomical defense stats.

Snake with an HF weapon would definitely be able to win some fights (disable mistral's gekkos before the battle, spam EM grenades against Monsoon and attempt to deflect attacks with CQC), but if there was such thing as exoskeletons good enough to put Snake on par with Armstrong, PMCs wouldn't be cyborging up all their troops, they'd just be using those exoskeletons.

There is of course the issue of Snake finding alternative ways to defeat the cyborgs that we can't reasonably speak about because we haven't seen any. Maybe Armstrong's nanomachines have a shortcoming that a guy as crafty as Snake could easily overcome, but we don't know they exist, so arguing about the possibility is pointless.

The point is when Vamp fought Raiden, Raiden had basically the same cyborg body he starts off with in Rising. And that body could through a Ray through the air and stop Outer Haven in it's tracks. Snake was able to outclass Vamp with relatively little effort. AND he was the equivalent of about an 80 year old.

This is also not mentioning the fact that Snake injected Vamp AFTER defeating him in open combat. You know, the same guy who in the previous fight with Raiden completely whooped his ass?

There is a reason they call Snake the ultimate soldier.

If by out class Vamp in open combat you mean sneak up to Vamp, inject him with his one weakness and still not finish him off, then yes, yes he did.
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#26AtumReignPosted 6/12/2013 6:31:39 AM
mad_hax_man posted...
AtumReign posted...
The point is when Vamp fought Raiden, Raiden had basically the same cyborg body he starts off with in Rising. And that body could through a Ray through the air and stop Outer Haven in it's tracks. Snake was able to outclass Vamp with relatively little effort. AND he was the equivalent of about an 80 year old.

This is also not mentioning the fact that Snake injected Vamp AFTER defeating him in open combat. You know, the same guy who in the previous fight with Raiden completely whooped his ass?

There is a reason they call Snake the ultimate soldier.

If by out class Vamp in open combat you mean sneak up to Vamp, inject him with his one weakness and still not finish him off, then yes, yes he did.

Um no, by out class Vamp in open combat I mean Knocking that mother****** unconscious Using various strategies and weapons and THEN waiting for him to regain consciousness, put him in a chokehold, Hold him in the chokehold. and then finally inject him.

Raiden couldn't even get close to Vamp much MUCH less put him in a chokehold and keep him there long enough to inject him with something.

So yeah, Snake (even as an old fart) can do things Raiden couldn't even attempt to do.
#27Hunter1534Posted 6/12/2013 2:47:25 PM
Dat Snake defense force...

Pretty sad.
#28AtumReignPosted 6/12/2013 4:45:26 PM
Dat fail troll failing. Umad bro?
#29gamestop27Posted 6/12/2013 5:35:01 PM
None, it would be like Dark Souls with the difficulty cranked up to a million.
---
A shotgun up your buttcrack. No, I won't fire it, I'm just stuffing it up there.~ Microsoft
#30sith_acolyte15Posted 6/12/2013 10:18:24 PM
Shoot him 'til s/he dies.
---
This is the Internet; you can't use popularity to prove something is good unless it's something I actually like.