the new MGS5 Trailer made raiden even more understandable for me. (spoilers)

#1MetalGearDogmaPosted 6/11/2013 2:20:21 PM
http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=8337

child soldiers ...
the big weapons in their small hands
now that I saw this I can understand why he created the ripper.
its terrible O_o
---
Dragons Dogma Pawn: Yamato, Lvl 200, Strider (Dark Arisen)
PSN: FF7_Lissy Check out my Deviant art gallery^^ http://cyborgarisen.deviantart.com/gallery/
#2ShabugabugabugaPosted 6/11/2013 5:29:52 PM
Remember that Solidus only gave him a knife, which your wouldn't think given his affinity for using swords.

But then, a combat knife in such small hands probably feels like a sword anyway.
---
"If someone told me ten years ago that Raiden was going to be cooler than Dante, I would have told you to just shut up and allow me to punch you."
#3TheLeafChildPosted 6/11/2013 8:36:36 PM
MGS5's trailer moved me, the child soldier thing always tugs on my heartstrings, and no doubt, they'll explore every aspect of it in a comprehensive way.

I always felt MG was an educational game, I learned more about South American politics in Peace Walker than I even got in school, as a kid, MGS1 taught me about nuclear weapons, the Kurds in Afghanistan, the Gulf War, and cloning.
---
"Yin and Yang are not good and evil. Their unity is good, their struggle is evil"
#4AtumReignPosted 6/11/2013 10:56:22 PM
Don't even get me started on the whole child soldier thing. Anybody who hasn't had their heart completely broken by what goes on in places like Sierra Leon should give Blood Diamond a look see.

You know, screw what everyone else says, I'd love it if the next Metal Gear Rising is all about ending the child soldier problem. Or at the very least torturing some of the people responsible for it.
#5MetalGearDogma(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 5:17:53 AM
AtumReign posted...
Don't even get me started on the whole child soldier thing. Anybody who hasn't had their heart completely broken by what goes on in places like Sierra Leon should give Blood Diamond a look see.

You know, screw what everyone else says, I'd love it if the next Metal Gear Rising is all about ending the child soldier problem. Or at the very least torturing some of the people responsible for it.

Right ...
I hope that too.

And a happy end for Raiden.
Kojima can bring a complete new character for his Games. but at least he could raiden live with his family.

I cried so hard at the new mgs5 trailer. I'm not sure if i schould get it.
But Ican atleast borrow it. Thanks for your answers
---
Dragons Dogma Pawn: Yamato, Lvl 200, Strider (Dark Arisen)
PSN: FF7_Lissy Check out my Deviant art gallery^^ http://cyborgarisen.deviantart.com/gallery/
#6TheLeafChildPosted 6/12/2013 3:01:33 PM
MetalGearDogma posted...

borrow

Going for the PS4? : D
---
"Yin and Yang are not good and evil. Their unity is good, their struggle is evil"
#7PyroSparkPosted 6/12/2013 3:45:02 PM
TheLeafChild posted...
MetalGearDogma posted...

borrow

lloolololol
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#8AtumReignPosted 6/12/2013 5:43:28 PM
PyroSpark posted...
TheLeafChild posted...
MetalGearDogma posted...

borrow

lloolololol

Am I missing something? MGS5 is being developed for PS4 as well as PS3. I don't get your remark
#9RichterB17Posted 6/13/2013 5:34:49 AM
AtumReign posted...
PyroSpark posted...
TheLeafChild posted...
MetalGearDogma posted...

borrow

lloolololol

Am I missing something? MGS5 is being developed for PS4 as well as PS3. I don't get your remark

It's an Xbox One joke, you can't borrow jack on that thing.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#10z_cherubPosted 6/13/2013 6:30:09 AM
This topic made me think a bit about Western culture. It's almost sad that it takes a game or a movie to get us to acknowledge very real problems from other parts of the globe. It can be in the news, & the majority have a "oh well, more people in a third world country died - it's just what happens" reaction. But when those events are humanized by an entertainment media, it seems more real & there is a stronger reaction.

While it's sad that it takes a game/movie/whatever to do that, it is nice that something out there makes us remember that these are people & families & not statistics.

It's not just humanitarian issues, either - also academics. Similar to another poster above, I learned more about renaissance Italy from Assassin's Creed than I ever did in school - not sure of that's an intellectual issue with me and those like me, or more of a commentary on our education system in the US (sorry to non-US members if I generalized by saying "Western" earlier).

Just some brief thoughts while we're on the topic (sort of)...
---
PSN: ZCherub