Rising does a good job continuing MG storyline

#1onigiri619Posted 6/13/2013 9:42:12 PM
The war between Zero and Big Boss would twist the future of the world and Solid Snake would be the one to stop one of their fight from continuing. But as a result, the world has been forever changed by their actions. The world now lives on the remnants of their war and slowly seeps into chaos disguised as business. This leads to the perfect set up for those who were by products of the conflict to try and set things right: Armstrong being a witness to the world turn into a meaningless, self sustaining system where people died fighting for ideas they did not believe and Raiden whose entire life was changed because of the Zero/BigBoss conflict.

Both would try to change the world and Raiden would kill Armstrong but not before knowing that in the end they both were doing the same thing. They killed people to save others, were willing to become killers if it save others, and fought for their ideals rather than submit. Raiden fought to prevent more tragedies like his from happening and Armstrong fought to end proxy wars. The difference would be that Raiden himself had no true solution to end PMCs.

Armstrong, despite his plan of reigniting wars to end wars, had a solution that had the potential to end PMCs. War with Pakistan would get PMCs (most likely World Marshall) business and from there other manufacturing jobs like weapons, supplies, and troops would be in demand, leading to people getting work.

On the downside, hired soldiers would die on both fighting sides as well as people in between the wars. With the economy under control, Armstrong could then use the rising economy to position himself into presidency where he could backstab PMCs/Marshall by exposing their practices like the child cyborgs and get away with it because he secretly owns/has ties to Marshall which would prevent the company from revealing his connections with them. The backlash of PMC practices would then (probably) end PMCs as a business as a result but at the cost of the people who performed the fighting and suffered from the fighting.

Armstong sought to end proxy wars by starting a 'final proxy war'. He would do what the Patriots did: place everything under his thumb so that he could change the world however he saw fit. He would use that power to end PMCs. By killing Armstrong, Raiden prevents those deaths from happening but as a result, people will die from the PMCs that he indirectly saved. This now makes Raiden responsible for the deaths of many people in the past, present and those in the future. The final battle between them also reveal that because of their similarities, Raiden is well onto his way to becoming like Armstrong. They both despised the injustice and would do whatever they could to stop it. Only Raiden did not believe in turning others into soldier like himself.

Which leaves the game on a deep note in which Raiden now has the potential to become like Solid or Solidus and Armstrong. He now knows that to change the world that it cannot be done within the bounds of the system, which is why he leaves Maverick. He has the potential to become like Snake who tried and change it from the outside, or become like the other antagonists, who worked to tear the system down.

In the end, the cycle of conflict spawned by Big Boss and Zero consequentially breed a new conflict that became not one of personal dissent but of ideology. The close of one cycle of violence led to the creation of another and it is up for the next generation to solve. The question now is, will it be another tragedy that ends in the birth of another tragedy or will the cycle find its closure? And to change the world, what must Raiden become?
#2MetalGearDogmaPosted 6/14/2013 1:26:11 AM
Very interesting.

You explained that very good.
Its hard to say that but Armstrong and Raiden did many similar things in their life.

But for different reasons.

I hate Armstrong. More than anyone else in the Metal gear universe besides Vamp.
Peace is something you have to work hard for.
And using children is the absolute wrong way.

He has to be stopped. Like solidus back in 2009.
I agreed with Sunny. Raiden is a hero. Even with his inner Jack the Ripper

I share your thoughs about this Zero/Big Boss thing.

War continues. It cant be stopped as long as there are People who kill others for their own joy.
---
Dragons Dogma Pawn: Yamato, Lvl 200, Strider (Dark Arisen)
PSN: FF7_Lissy Check out my Deviant art gallery^^ http://cyborgarisen.deviantart.com/gallery/
#3ShabugabugabugaPosted 6/14/2013 6:27:02 PM
What I find most interesting is this:

Solid Snake was an attempt to recreate Big Boss through genetics, but he was able to become his own person.

Raiden was an attempt to recreate Solid Snake through mimesis, but was also able to become his own person.

However, his experiences during Revengeance have given him an eerie number of similarities to Big Boss: his name, the eyepatch, his acceptance of the fact that he loves the battlefield (in contrast to Snake's determination to leave the battlefield in spite of how much he knew he loved it), and the way he defeats Armstrong is similar to Big Boss's defeat of Gene.

And to complete the circle, remember that the vengeance that Raiden seeks is foremost for all child soldiers. Phantom Pain seems to be setting up the moment where Big Boss's vengeance leads him to create child soldiers.

Kojima actually said he tried not to interfere too much with Rising's story and let Platinum do their thing, so I gotta wonder how much of this was just Platinum Games taking a very close look at the Metal Gear plotline.
---
"If someone told me ten years ago that Raiden was going to be cooler than Dante, I would have told you to just shut up and allow me to punch you."
#4Onikage33Posted 6/14/2013 7:46:44 PM
Great reads everybody. My view on Raiden is simple. Killing is killing. It seems to be in his blood and there's no way around it. But he can choose his cause for killing.
---
The fire of justice is burning bright and we are the flames. Believe in the Shield.
#5Hunter1534Posted 6/15/2013 9:43:27 AM
Shabugabugabuga posted...

Solid Snake was an attempt to recreate Big Boss through genetics, but he was able to become his own person.

Raiden was an attempt to recreate Solid Snake through mimesis, but was also able to become his own person.

However, his experiences during Revengeance have given him an eerie number of similarities to Big Boss: his name, the eyepatch, his acceptance of the fact that he loves the battlefield (in contrast to Snake's determination to leave the battlefield in spite of how much he knew he loved it), and the way he defeats Armstrong is similar to Big Boss's defeat of Gene.

And to complete the circle, remember that the vengeance that Raiden seeks is foremost for all child soldiers. Phantom Pain seems to be setting up the moment where Big Boss's vengeance leads him to create child soldiers.

Kojima actually said he tried not to interfere too much with Rising's story and let Platinum do their thing, so I gotta wonder how much of this was just Platinum Games taking a very close look at the Metal Gear plotline.

Platinum didn't write the story... that was kind of obvious because the story actually made sense.

Koji pro wrote it.
---
I'm glad DmC was a massive flop. Don't support devs who insult their fanbase and butcher an entire series.
#6ShabugabugabugaPosted 6/15/2013 1:39:03 PM
Hunter1534 posted...
Platinum didn't write the story... that was kind of obvious because the story actually made sense.

Koji pro wrote it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpikHpvMDyg&t=210s

?
---
"If someone told me ten years ago that Raiden was going to be cooler than Dante, I would have told you to just shut up and allow me to punch you."
#7solidoutlawPosted 6/15/2013 4:06:56 PM
Hunter1534 posted...

Koji pro wrote it.

?

The story was different from what the first version of the rising was, but Koji pro still wrote it.
---
PSN: rayplay
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"
#8ShabugabugabugaPosted 6/15/2013 4:22:19 PM
solidoutlaw posted...
Hunter1534 posted...

Koji pro wrote it.

?

The story was different from what the first version of the rising was, but Koji pro still wrote it.

Huh, I guess I just misunderstood him then.
---
#9Hunter1534Posted 6/15/2013 5:23:49 PM
solidoutlaw posted...
Hunter1534 posted...

Koji pro wrote it.

?

Yup
---
I'm glad DmC was a massive flop. Don't support devs who insult their fanbase and butcher an entire series.
#10Johnny BlaquePosted 6/15/2013 11:29:19 PM

Well said. Not to mention that Raiden is arguable the world's greatest living soldier now too along with being the world's greatest living terrorist. It will be very interesting in the next game to see what path he takes.