multiple consecutive stun locks is horse s****

#1Hunter1534Posted 6/14/2013 10:26:55 AM
Playing a no damage and health upgrade run on very hard and I had the worst luck.

Raptor EM stuns me then I get followed up by a mastiff drop kick then I get stunned again, then another mastiff drop kicks me. 30 consecutive seconds while stun locked with out being able to do anything. I love the hell out of this game but this s**** needs to be fixed in the next game.
#2Xaldin0011Posted 6/14/2013 11:05:14 AM
Yep. Happens too many times to count.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDHCLjuOzXY
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#3DJ_0000Posted 6/14/2013 11:07:34 AM
I don't think there's a problem with it since you can easily to the same to them and if the enemies weren't as ruthless as they are the game would be way too easy. The only ones I find annoying are when enemies chain the grabs that force you to do the stick waggles, I had Dwarf Gekko's chain them 8 times in a row once. I don't like breaking my controller for the sake of escaping grabs.

If I remember correctly the enemies are only allowed to attack one at a time on hard and lower difficulties so you could go down there if it bothers you that much.
#4DullahansXMarkPosted 6/14/2013 12:06:56 PM
That one battle in the Jetstream DLC (Very Hard/Revengeance with the three Gekkos) just might be the most BS fight in this whole game. They have absolutely no weaknesses and move WAY too fast. You're CONSTANTLY getting attacked. ONE Gekko is hard enough with Sam. Two? Can be managed. Three? Better hope you're lucky.

I love the game too, but I will admit some of the stuff thrown at players is just kinda...
#5Edward_R_MurrowPosted 6/14/2013 12:40:20 PM
DJ_0000 posted...
I don't think there's a problem with it since you can easily to the same to them and if the enemies weren't as ruthless as they are the game would be way too easy.

The thing with single player action games is that you and the enemies have asymmetric abilities for the purpose of a fun, unique gameplay experience. For instance, Dante in DMC3/4 can do absurd combo chains while being completely safe from reprisal. The enemies can't do the same because it wouldn't be fun nor interesting. "Oh whoops, I messed up a Just Guard and the Fallen slash-cancelled me from full health to death!"

In MGR, when you get chain-hit, there's nothing fun nor interesting at all involved. Getting hit by an offscreen Mastiff attack should be punishment enough, but then getting hit/grabbed repeatedly in recovery frames becomes overkill. It's further compounded by rather cheap initial hits, whether they come from offscreen Mastiffs or certain attacks stacked in such a way as to make damage near unavoidable.

Plus, most of the balance issues in MGR aren't that enemies are too weak, it's that some of Raiden' abilities are far too strong (Ripper, Perfect Parry, Sai, etc).
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#6SigmaAlastorPosted 6/14/2013 3:18:17 PM
DullahansXMark posted...
That one battle in the Jetstream DLC (Very Hard/Revengeance with the three Gekkos) just might be the most BS fight in this whole game. They have absolutely no weaknesses and move WAY too fast. You're CONSTANTLY getting attacked. ONE Gekko is hard enough with Sam. Two? Can be managed. Three? Better hope you're lucky.

I love the game too, but I will admit some of the stuff thrown at players is just kinda...

One Gekko is easy with Sam, two is BS and three is ridiculous.

I feel a lot of **** in MGR would be fixed if the game followed the rules of DMC3 that enemies can't attack off screen.

I am fully ready to admit that I'm crap but can anyone take on three mastiffs consistently, no damage, fully taunted?
---
Soul Silver - 5457 2004 9429
#7yarrmateysPosted 6/14/2013 3:27:51 PM
Edward_R_Murrow posted...
Plus, most of the balance issues in MGR aren't that enemies are too weak, it's that some of Raiden' abilities are far too strong (Ripper, Perfect Parry, Sai, etc).

It seems like the enemies being able to f*** you up real good in a blink is how the game compensates for your overpowered toys like those you mentioned (and another one that you forgot - pause-restart).

SigmaAlastor posted...
I am fully ready to admit that I'm crap but can anyone take on three mastiffs consistently, no damage, fully taunted?

With practice you can consistently take them down under those conditions while taking only initial grab chip damage. BM-cancelled Assault Rush ftw.

As for consistent, complete no-damage, well that's hard.
---
--
-
#8SigmaAlastorPosted 6/14/2013 3:33:16 PM
yarrmateys posted...
Edward_R_Murrow posted...

It seems like the enemies being able to f*** you up real good in a blink is how the game compensates for your overpowered toys like those you mentioned (and another one that you forgot - pause-restart).

SigmaAlastor posted...

With practice you can consistently take them down under those conditions while taking only initial grab chip damage. BM-cancelled Assault Rush ftw.

As for consistent, complete no-damage, well that's hard.

That second grab they do is annoying as hell, three of them spamming that is basically a big fat 'no fun/combat zone' and the fact that they can do it at will off screen means I have to be very lucky sometimes, fighting a different Mastiff off screen.

Not to to mention being wall jumped.

I really really hate Mastiffs, I'm pretty sure it was them that made me drop S Ranking the game. (Melon Room, bear in mind I refuse to use Ripper mode or the Sai, at all)
---
#9Hunter1534(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 5:48:43 PM(edited)
No, the enemies just have a design flaw is all. The stun locking doesn't happen often, but when it does... it's cheap. If you get hit once and keep getting hit without any chance to escape, that's a design flaw.

Demons souls is also guilty of this. You get hit with an attack, then you can be hit again with the same attack before you can even get up. Rinse and repeat until your health is low.
#10SigmaAlastorPosted 6/14/2013 4:52:05 PM
Hunter1534 posted...
No, the enemies just have a design flaw is all. The stun locking doesn't happen often, but when it does... it's cheap. If you get hit once and keep getting hit without any chance to escape, that's a design flaw.

Demons souls is also guilty of this. You get hit with an attack, then you can be hit again with the same attack before you can even get up. Rinse amd repeat until your health is low.

And that design flaw is attacking off screen with a severe lack of audio cues.
---