multiple consecutive stun locks is horse s****

#21SigmaAlastorPosted 6/18/2013 10:12:17 AM
I just wish the throw escape used buttons instead of stick waggling, **** that ****.
---
Soul Silver - 5457 2004 9429
#22yarrmateysPosted 6/18/2013 10:18:24 AM
SigmaAlastor posted...
TL;DR = I feel this game should have taken a leaf from DMC3's book...

GRAD = Giant Enigma
---
--
-
#23SigmaAlastorPosted 6/18/2013 10:57:43 AM
yarrmateys posted...
SigmaAlastor posted...
TL;DR = I feel this game should have taken a leaf from DMC3's book...

GRAD = Giant Enigma

But Enigmas don't kill you offscreen until you put them on it, but I see your point.

GRADs are far more annoying in 'skate away' skates even though Enigmas are more lethal.

Don't get me wrong though, Enigma are **** enemies in a more balanced game.

Not sure how much of Rising is broken by not letting enemies offscreen attack (but they can move onscreen) but I dunno' if it can be worse. I actually gave up S ranking the game because of this BS, **** like a stray bullet taking 0.1% health and losing your 'No Damage' rating.

Unfortunately, the game is ridiuculously easy when you're not going for S ranks.
---
#24Edward_R_MurrowPosted 6/18/2013 3:07:34 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
LOL. Now apparently stuns are bad design flaws? Here I thought they were features! I guess all those MOBAs and virtually any game with a stun mechanic are just flawed! And lol at "No reasonable way to escape a stun". A: Don't get hit, B: Wiggle the damn stick faster. If you can't do it, it's your problem, not the game's. Seriously, this is a game that lets you avoid everything AND when you do get hit by **** it lets you get out of it.

Learn to play...

Just because something can be played around does not mean it is good design. The stun mechanics and chain hits in MGR are pretty terrible and it's likely they weren't necessarily intended by the designers. None of the bosses have these "features" built into them; Mistral's tripods grant you i-frames when you are throwing them off, you can parry Monsoon's aerial rave attack if the mule-kick hits you, etc.

The BMI Error (stick wiggling stun animation) seems to be completely at random and adds practically nothing to the game while being punishing newbies. And chain hits serve practically the same purpose, as any serious player will likely hit restart to keep their score intact or are playing on Revengeance and are dead. And if you are doing some sort of no-restart run, then the presence of chain hits only further encourages the use of overpowered techniques to avoid death from one mistake and a heap of bad luck.

yarrmateys posted...
GRAD = Giant Enigma

I wish Raiden had a Giant Nevan...
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#25SigmaAlastorPosted 6/18/2013 3:18:59 PM
I wish the sub weapons were better than they are, the Sai is an (extremely OP) utility weapon and the Pincerblades are too slow to main, instead they're used to tank and kill/maim simultaneously then put away, the pole-arm is fun to beyblade it up but isn't worth using on VH/RV.
---
#26SlaveBladePosted 6/18/2013 10:50:09 PM
Edward_R_Murrow posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
LOL. Now apparently stuns are bad design flaws? Here I thought they were features! I guess all those MOBAs and virtually any game with a stun mechanic are just flawed! And lol at "No reasonable way to escape a stun". A: Don't get hit, B: Wiggle the damn stick faster. If you can't do it, it's your problem, not the game's. Seriously, this is a game that lets you avoid everything AND when you do get hit by **** it lets you get out of it.

Learn to play...

Just because something can be played around does not mean it is good design. The stun mechanics and chain hits in MGR are pretty terrible and it's likely they weren't necessarily intended by the designers. None of the bosses have these "features" built into them; Mistral's tripods grant you i-frames when you are throwing them off, you can parry Monsoon's aerial rave attack if the mule-kick hits you, etc.

The BMI Error (stick wiggling stun animation) seems to be completely at random and adds practically nothing to the game while being punishing newbies. And chain hits serve practically the same purpose, as any serious player will likely hit restart to keep their score intact or are playing on Revengeance and are dead. And if you are doing some sort of no-restart run, then the presence of chain hits only further encourages the use of overpowered techniques to avoid death from one mistake and a heap of bad luck.

yarrmateys posted...
GRAD = Giant Enigma

I wish Raiden had a Giant Nevan...

So I'm confused here, apparently punishing the player severely for being hit by massive damage attacks is... unfair? Because that's when you usually get stunned, by taking an obscenely high amount of damage.

You're saying it's bad game design when the player sucks at not taking massive damage in a game that's all about being stealthy and then comboing things and /parrying ****ing everything/.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#27syctheweilderPosted 6/22/2013 6:30:34 AM
The extra damage is their punishment, I believe I said this already. There's no reason to put tedious, potentially controller-damaging busywork into the game.

But don't just take my word for it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AAYbLEZFkAo#t=828s
#28RaengPosted 6/22/2013 6:42:15 AM
SigmaAlastor posted...

How do you fight Mastiffs in groups while they're taunted, Raeng? I feel like I don't get Sam full still, is it stupid to think that standard stand your ground tactics against work against grouped Mastiffs/Gekko? Because I read a tip online that was basically Aerial Charge Gekko to death. :/

With Mastiffs while they're taunted I personally just go all out. SSS<bladecancel> is a great move against them as it's fast and safe. Don't block anything they do, just roll. It shouldn't take more then a few stray combo's to defeat them as a Taunt adds a lot of damage.
>>T is also a very safe and strong move.

Multiple Gekko are hard though I agree, especially when taunted. You want to make sure you can S<charge>T one safely and then air<charge>T. Doing these two without getting hit yourself stuns the Gekko for an execution.
Don't forgot items with Sam as they are insanely powerful against taunted opponents. You can always use a smoke 'nade to do some safe charges.

Fighting against Taunted foes is always a risk reward fight as you have to keep your distance and rely on your dodge, but it allows for much quicker room clearing on Easy to Very Hard. On Revengeance it's only good against bosses as a PP kills everything otherwise. Taunting gets a huge damage buff on Revengeance to the point that 4~5 fully charged slashes are enough to send Armstrong crying for his mother.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#29SlaveBladePosted 6/22/2013 10:11:50 AM
syctheweilder posted...
The extra damage is their punishment, I believe I said this already. There's no reason to put tedious, potentially controller-damaging busywork into the game.

But don't just take my word for it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AAYbLEZFkAo#t=828s

Yes there is, it's to make the player really, really not want to ever get hit. If you don't like wiggling the stick, don't get hit. Seriously, complaining that easily seen and dodgable attacks are too punishing is just... It shows how much of a scrub you are, in all honesty.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#30syctheweilderPosted 6/22/2013 2:55:08 PM
Name calling? Really?