a new theory regarding Big Boss' genitalia. what about Raiden??

#1HydrogenDragonPosted 6/22/2013 2:23:13 AM
Around the MGS V ps3 board there have been some interesting discussions taking place.

People having discussion on several topics the possibilities of Big Boss' motivations being charged by him feeling anger and frustration due to being rendered infertile by his 1954 experiance of being a nuclear test subject.

Of course there is the occasional joke. But the theory, which is now being broadened and developed as a community board effort, is quite compelling.
Has this discussion ever come up here before?
Has anyone ever tried applying a similar theory to Raiden for that matter? Last I checked, he didnt even have genitalia!

heres a link to new official discussion topic, though the theory had been stirring around on several previously posted topics on the ps3 board...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681794-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/66535429
#2ISquat600lbsPosted 6/22/2013 2:41:17 AM
(Series spoliers ahead)

Big Boss is probably more concerned with how Mother Base and hundreds of his soldiers were killed in Ground Zeroes, he was screwed over and forced to kill the closest person to him, and when he does the right thing he gets used or outcast for it. I don't think not being able to have children would be a big deal considering everything else in his life. He probably produces plenty of test too if you look at how well built he is (though I'm built better and have full working sperm, not to rub that in Big Boss's face or anything - the facts I mean, not the... well, you know).

Raiden's totally different. He's maintained by a robot body and his character is far less consistent because of the bad writing in this game, but that's to be expected as Kojima was in charge of all the other games and this game underwent so many changes and got rushed out. The Jack the Ripper mode mechanic for some reason had to impact the story in a way that doesn't make sense. So Raiden can only go insane when he has full electrolytes, even though the story makes it sound like pain is what lets him go crazy? And Raiden's Jack the Ripper voice and regular voice go from one to the other about 8 times every conversation from R-04 to the end. His motivation, what's important to him, what he's like, even his dialog are all completely different from how he was written in Solid 2 and 4, it's not even worth looking at this game as part of the series because it just has so little in common with the games Kojima was in charge of.
---
Most of the time I'm riding bicycles and on a lot of Colombian marching powder and coffee, forgive me if I act like an #%$hole. Or not, IDC.
#3HydrogenDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 2:58:10 AM
There is a feeling that the sexual organs have been seriously overlooked in examining MGS character motivations.
I have posted links to information documenting anger filled backlashes and emotional distress felt by men suffering from infertility. There are even several documented cases of such individuals becoming quite violent. It is not at all uncommon for these individuals to start viewing themselves in a negative light, and as we have heard in the MGS V trailer, Big Boss does exactly that in refering to himself as nothing but a "demon".
I believe his testicular short comings have influanced his violent and often irrational behaviors long before the events of MGS V though. Likely as far back as the early 1960s, before the Virtuous Mission and Operation Snake Eater.

On Raiden. Please observe the image I will link.
We're looking at an individual that lacks genitalia entirely. Big Boss only lacked functioning testes, but had the super rage induced strength to lift a metal gear Zeke. Raiden has absolutely nothing but a strange bumb between his legs... and we latter observe him to fly into a furious storm and destroy multiple metal gears with a sword.
There is a link between the characters motivations and abilities and their genitalia.

Image:
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r563/DavidM411/_proxy.jpg
#4DullahansXMarkPosted 6/22/2013 2:58:50 AM
ISquat600lbs posted...
He probably produces plenty of test too if you look at how well built he is (though I'm built better and have full working sperm, not to rub that in Big Boss's face or anything - the facts I mean, not the... well, you know).

So what you're saying is that you're a bigger boss than Big Boss?
#5SugarBoogersPosted 6/22/2013 12:59:54 PM(edited)
Remember though, Raiden and Raikov have the same model, and thus body. And Raikov's junk was noticeably bigger than Big Boss', given the way Volgin identified him. Raiden was also noted by a guard in MGS2 to be packin' something serious, so it's reasonable to assume Raiden is bigger than Big Boss.

EDIT: btw, I realize that isn't what either of these topics is about. But I feel it bears mentioning.
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards
#6ISquat600lbsPosted 6/22/2013 2:11:27 PM
HydrogenDragon posted...
There is a feeling that the sexual organs have been seriously overlooked in examining MGS character motivations.
I have posted links to information documenting anger filled backlashes and emotional distress felt by men suffering from infertility.

Good point. Guess it explains a bit about Lance Armstrong, as he only has one nut. That said maybe he just can't handle his juice. Or maybe he's just an ass in general. Kojima does sure love to write in weird relationships and infertile and castrated characters anyway, and there's all that genital touching and grabbing and squeezing across the series, and all the poop jokes, maybe we should be examining Kojima's tendencies more than Big Boss and Raiden's!

DullahansXMark posted...
ISquat600lbs posted...
He probably produces plenty of test too if you look at how well built he is (though I'm built better and have full working sperm, not to rub that in Big Boss's face or anything - the facts I mean, not the... well, you know).

So what you're saying is that you're a bigger boss than Big Boss?

I wouldn't say that brah, but looking at him in those trunks he has in Peace Walker, I got him beat in a few places, 'specially glutes, guy needs to work his ass more. Probably all that cardio he does running around that's given him the ass of a teenage girl though. If only all his Metal Gear exploits could be done at a brisk walking pace!
---
Most of the time I'm riding bicycles and on a lot of Colombian marching powder and coffee, forgive me if I act like an #%$hole. Or not, IDC.