that was quite the fall raiden, i'm glad you're alright -spoilers-

#1videogames75_5Posted 6/23/2013 12:53:51 PM
how is he okay?? full health and everything. i figured they'd make something up, like his dog ai thing would save him or something, but instead he just lands and he's fine?
#2Chain_StrikePosted 6/23/2013 1:08:34 PM
he's godlike.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho1_500.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho2_500.gif The Juri Step. See it, love it.
#3MetalGearDogmaPosted 6/23/2013 1:13:05 PM
nanomachines.
---
Dragons Dogma Pawn: Yamato, Lvl 200, Strider (Dark Arisen)
PSN: FF7_Lissy Check out my Deviant art gallery^^ http://cyborgarisen.deviantart.com/gallery/
#4F0XholePosted 6/23/2013 4:51:43 PM
It's scenarios like this were I can tell the game was rushed. Raiden falls, and then he's just standing there okay. No cutscene or anything showing him land. The other MG games would try to explain it better.

...come to think of it, in MGS4 Raiden did die, then everyone's like, "Raiden? Nah, he's cool" without an explanation. Hmm...
#5Arkane DenialPosted 6/23/2013 5:18:18 PM
F0Xhole posted...
It's scenarios like this were I can tell the game was rushed. Raiden falls, and then he's just standing there okay. No cutscene or anything showing him land. The other MG games would try to explain it better.

...come to think of it, in MGS4 Raiden did die, then everyone's like, "Raiden? Nah, he's cool" without an explanation. Hmm...

Actually, there's an optional codec talk with Kevin about how he landed and Raiden being impressed about his body.

It was the idea in the first place, it doesn't sound "rushed" for me.
---
Booker T: "PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! PSN is down! " - Paulina_Pierce
#6Onikage33Posted 6/23/2013 6:50:53 PM(edited)
Arkane Denial posted...
F0Xhole posted...

Actually, there's an optional codec talk with Kevin about how he landed and Raiden being impressed about his body.

Man, I really need to listen to more codecs. Sounds like there's interesting stuff. Chain Strike mentioned Raiden being godlike. I have a good memory and I thought it was funny while back when ukokira1 told about at start of Denver chapter, one of the cops just fell over and exploded.

Fighting Game Community would scream nerf Raiden!
---
The fire of justice is burning bright and we are the flames. Believe in the Shield.
#7Chain_StrikePosted 6/23/2013 7:28:10 PM
Onikage33 posted...
Arkane Denial posted...
F0Xhole posted...

Man, I really need to listen to more codecs. Sounds like there's interesting stuff. Chain Strike mentioned Raiden being godlike. I have a good memory and I thought it was funny while back when ukokira1 told about at start of Denver chapter, one of the cops just fell over and exploded.

Fighting Game Community would scream nerf Raiden!

Your name sounds familiar...what board do I know you from?
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho1_500.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho2_500.gif The Juri Step. See it, love it.
#8Onikage33Posted 6/24/2013 5:07:54 PM
Chain_Strike posted...

Your name sounds familiar...what board do I know you from?

Sorry about late reply. Just got back on here again and I normally don't stay on long. More than most likely from here. Been hanging around since end of March and plan on staying until board turns into a ghost town. Used to be a Oni-Seraph around. Could be thinking about him.
---
The fire of justice is burning bright and we are the flames. Believe in the Shield.
#9U_JPosted 6/26/2013 8:40:49 AM
Perhaps it would be better if they edited the 'Raiden falling to death' scenes when you fall off a building to Raiden just dropping off screen and then saying "I'm not going all the way back up there!!" *Game Over*

it would make more sense. He survived the elevator fall un-scathed, and can only assume he was running at over terminal velocity speed down the building towards the Ray in Chapter 00, with his old body, and handled that landing fine too.

But seriously if he survived that elevator fall, which would have been enough for terminal velocity, then the sky is literally ...not the limit any more.

But applying physics to a game is pretty fission mailed anyway, cuz nanomachines, son.
---
Plug it, play it, burn it, rip it, drag and drop it, zip unzip it