The ultimate challenge. Fresh run, no upgrades, revengeance mode(details inside)

#1BladeDog911Posted 6/23/2013 5:17:09 PM
lol lets all try to do something thats probably near impossible. Satan will make you do this in hell.

Rules

-Must be revengeace mode
-You may only use the default HF blade, but you can use unique weapons
-Must be on a new save file
-Sub weapons allowed
-No upgrades.

And you have to S-rank everything.

I actually managed to do chapter 1 with this. Lets see how far I can go >:)
#2Chain_StrikePosted 6/23/2013 5:20:19 PM
Or....you can just do hf blade no subs or uniques, no health or nano upgrades and no BM. Skills allowed.

Go.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho1_500.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho2_500.gif The Juri Step. See it, love it.
#3Onikage33Posted 6/23/2013 6:06:04 PM
Oh lord! Has Raeng seen this yet?
---
The fire of justice is burning bright and we are the flames. Believe in the Shield.
#4SBK91Posted 6/23/2013 7:32:28 PM
Already done (with Skills). Inhibited Wooden Sword Only No Item No Subs No Ripper No Skills No Upgrades is pretty well the worst.
#5RaengPosted 6/23/2013 11:09:00 PM
Onikage33 posted...
Oh lord! Has Raeng seen this yet?

Meh, S-ranking isn't my thing. I prefer making it harder and removing S-rank to balance it out.
Still stuck on my current playthrough (Fresh VH, no Upgrade, no nanopaste, all fights (even non ranked), no stealthkills, No Ripper). That fight with 3 Mastiffs and 1 Raptor is literally ripping me to pieces.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#6RaengPosted 6/24/2013 12:53:35 AM
Too late to edit: but this has already been done btw; by Yarrmates. Great player!
Where I love to add a few more handicaps to balance out for the absence of S-rank he forgoes those extra handicaps and adds S-rank. It's a playstyle.
---
www.youtube.com/royta15
#7Onikage33Posted 6/24/2013 5:18:11 PM
Raeng posted...
Too late to edit: but this has already been done btw; by Yarrmates. Great player!
Where I love to add a few more handicaps to balance out for the absence of S-rank he forgoes those extra handicaps and adds S-rank. It's a playstyle.

Credit to Yarrmates. I think it's safe to say he's done with game. Not much left to do after accomplishing that! As i said before Raeng you are a glutton for punishment. Can't believe you're still going at it with that run! If any one can do it you can. Never realized just how tough that fist fight Armstrong thing was until tried it myself. Think I'll stick with my sword.
---
The fire of justice is burning bright and we are the flames. Believe in the Shield.
#8yarrmateysPosted 6/24/2013 8:23:48 PM
Technically I didn't do this run, mine was on VH, which was more slightly more difficult if there are no Mastiff/GRAD present, 10x harder if they are. It's easier on REV, but also much more fun, so if anyone's thinking of doing a sort of restricted S-rank run, New Game REV + skills allowed is all you need. Uniques/subs up to you.

Watermelon room in particular was pretty dumb. 3 Desperado Mastiffs in a small room, lv.0 HF Blade, default life and FC, I got through it no damage by sheer patience, luck, item spam, and restarts. Doing it on REV is more fair since you feel that your counterparry damage increase is actually deserved instead of simply overpowered in a full upgrade game.

Mistral is another luck/restart-based boss too. It's pretty hard to go through all 3 sections damageless without restarting.

I'm pretty much done with the game, not really interested anymore in some of the more difficult runs (like fully inhibited Wooden Sword runs, or S-rank REV New Game no customization, no stealth, etc). We don't have to worry about a dead board, Raeng has enough masochism to keep the board alive for months lol

here are my threads for each run btw
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960699-metal-gear-rising-revengeance/65648776
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960699-metal-gear-rising-revengeance/65765918
---
--
-
#9SBK91Posted 6/24/2013 8:31:06 PM
Watermelon room in particular was pretty dumb.

Found a pretty easy way to do it. Toss a RP Grenade before they spawn, then t,T with the Pincers. Activate Ripper Mode as the damaging portion connects, BM cancel then Zandatsu. Got lucky and killed two Mastiffs at once. Repeat with RP/EMP Grenades as necessary.
#10RaengPosted 6/25/2013 12:06:03 AM
yarrmateys posted...
We don't have to worry about a dead board, Raeng has enough masochism to keep the board alive for months lol

Believe it or not even I am slowly stopping this game, gasp I know! Max Payne 3 is too big a blast (and a masochism blow to the nutsack with it's insane New York Minute Hardcore difficulty mode) to put down these last few weeks.

Onikage33 posted...
Never realized just how tough that fist fight Armstrong thing was until tried it myself. Think I'll stick with my sword.

Ooooh been trying it out? What did you have the most problems with? Maybe I can give some tips.
---
www.youtube.com/royta15