The ultimate challenge. Fresh run, no upgrades, revengeance mode(details inside)

#11Hawke0Posted 6/24/2013 11:49:17 PM
Onikage33 posted...
Raeng posted...
Too late to edit: but this has already been done btw; by Yarrmates. Great player!
Where I love to add a few more handicaps to balance out for the absence of S-rank he forgoes those extra handicaps and adds S-rank. It's a playstyle.

Credit to Yarrmates. I think it's safe to say he's done with game. Not much left to do after accomplishing that! As i said before Raeng you are a glutton for punishment. Can't believe you're still going at it with that run! If any one can do it you can. Never realized just how tough that fist fight Armstrong thing was until tried it myself. Think I'll stick with my sword.

He could add the handicaps and the S Rank.
---
The popularity of Metal Gear Rising on the Conduit 2 board is second only to it's popularity on the MGR board.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0
#12Onikage33Posted 6/25/2013 11:10:18 AM
Raeng posted...
yarrmateys posted...
We don't have to worry about a dead board, Raeng has enough masochism to keep the board alive for months lol

Believe it or not even I am slowly stopping this game, gasp I know! Max Payne 3 is too big a blast (and a masochism blow to the nutsack with it's insane New York Minute Hardcore difficulty mode) to put down these last few weeks.

Onikage33 posted...
Never realized just how tough that fist fight Armstrong thing was until tried it myself. Think I'll stick with my sword.

Ooooh been trying it out? What did you have the most problems with? Maybe I can give some tips.

Well it might be hard to give me tips. I know the fight well and all his little tricks.Main problem is patience,and my timing is off sometimes with the dodging. Still sometimes try to parry which causes damage. Things can go well for awhile but when they don't I fold like a cheap suit. May watch your vid again this weekend and go a few more rounds.
---
The fire of justice is burning bright and we are the flames. Believe in the Shield.
#13RaengPosted 6/25/2013 11:03:13 PM(edited)
Onikage33 posted...

Well it might be hard to give me tips. I know the fight well and all his little tricks.Main problem is patience,and my timing is off sometimes with the dodging. Still sometimes try to parry which causes damage. Things can go well for awhile but when they don't I fold like a cheap suit. May watch your vid again this weekend and go a few more rounds.

A big tip is to actually parry this moves but cancel with a dodge. You don't see me do it a lot because of the tempo I play the fight at, but from time to time (especially against his rushpunch) I parry first and then dodge out of it. It helps focus the camera against that move I've found.
Sometimes running away is also better, like against his explosion, compared to dodging through it.
Good luck : ) (also, persevere, it took me a lot of tries)

Hawke0 posted...
He could add the handicaps and the S Rank.

Now that would be impossible. No Customize Run (meaning no skills and unique's either) on REV with S-rank is literally impossible; if only due to MG:E's fight where you have to take damage.
I'm pretty sure what he did was the boundary of S-ranking possibilities. Still, if we can find a nutcase willing to try it ... ;p
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#14Onikage33Posted 6/26/2013 5:13:26 PM(edited)
Raeng posted...

A big tip is to actually parry this moves but cancel with a dodge. You don't see me do it a lot because of the tempo I play the fight at, but from time to time (especially against his rushpunch) I parry first and then dodge out of it. It helps focus the camera against that move I've found.
Sometimes running away is also better, like against his explosion, compared to dodging through it.
Good luck : ) (also, persevere, it took me a lot of tries)

That is a good tip about parry,dodge. Thanks and I continue to learn more about game and improve all the time. Been a slow,painful process but I'm happy how far I've come.That fist fight is about perseverance and test of mettle. Giving another go this weekend.

Since we're talking about insane ridiculous runs, how bout one where every time you get hit,someone shocks you with a cattle prod. Who here among us dare take this on?!
---
The fire of justice is burning bright and we are the flames. Believe in the Shield.
#15yarrmateysPosted 6/26/2013 5:03:59 PM
block-dodgecancel is how you utilize the 3rd hit (cartwheel kick, 1% damage) of the heavy string, normally it leaves you vulnerable during/after the attack. Thanks to dodgecancel you can throw it out freely. However it's very taxing on the reflexes.

As for the more restricted (no customization) S-rank runs, most battles are doable, but when sliders are involved they become next-to-impossible due to lots of stray missiles/gunfire and lack of Falling Lightning for quick dispatches. Maybe someone dedicated enough can try by hoarding RP Grenades.
---
--
-
#16RaengPosted 6/26/2013 10:33:39 PM
Onikage33 posted...
Since we're talking about insane ridiculous runs, how bout one where every time you get hit,someone shocks you with a cattle prod. Who here among us dare take this on?!

I'm game.
...yeah that was a joke. Played "Shock Tekken 3" once at a Con. Not a good time XD
---
www.youtube.com/royta15
#17Onikage33Posted 6/28/2013 7:07:35 PM
Raeng posted...
Onikage33 posted...

I'm game.
...yeah that was a joke. Played "Shock Tekken 3" once at a Con. Not a good time XD

Why am I not surprised you've done something like that. One of these days I will devise a dastardly,diabolical, downright heinous run you've never done. Try saying that ten times fast!
---
#18RaengPosted 6/28/2013 11:30:37 PM
Onikage33 posted...
Raeng posted...
Onikage33 posted...

I'm game.

Why am I not surprised you've done something like that. One of these days I will devise a dastardly,diabolical, downright heinous run you've never done. Try saying that ten times fast!

Well I was sort of forced, as I didn't know what we were playing. Suddenly I got hit ingame and got a huge electric surge through my hands (not a smart move as they CLAMPED that freaking controller in reflex). We had to finish the fight, every fight consisted of poking and sitting in the corner in fear. Every match was a time out.
---
www.youtube.com/royta15
#19Onikage33Posted 6/30/2013 6:04:20 PM
Sounds...................shocking. womp womp woooomp

Tried fist fight against Armstrong couple of times. Waving white flag on that for now.

Raeng, how's it coming with that rising showcase vid and VH no everything run?
---
#20RaengPosted 6/30/2013 10:58:31 PM(edited)
Onikage33 posted...
Raeng, how's it coming with that rising showcase vid and VH no everything run?

Think of the slowest thing you've ever seen in motion and you've got a pretty good idea on how it's going. Way too focused on work at the moment and the free time that I have is blasted away with Spacemarine and Max Payne 3.

I'm slowly thinking that I'm better of just tweaking the existing video instead of adding a ton more footage. The no-everything VH run will start soon though, though no idea when. Since it's a hobby it's all about when I feel like it ;p

Onikage33 posted...
Tried fist fight against Armstrong couple of times. Waving white flag on that for now.

Sorry to hear that! I hope you at least enjoyed yourself somewhat, that's the most important part : )
---
www.youtube.com/royta15