Having my ass handed to me by LQ-84i. Tips?

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 7/5/2013 2:02:39 PM
As the title says, LQ-84i keeps trashing me. I know I suck, so tips are appreciated.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#2F0XholePosted 7/5/2013 2:36:16 PM
Learn to Parry. He's super fast, so you'll have to be patient and wait for an opening. If you haven't already, purchase and equip Offensive Defense, which is basically a dodge command.

Learn his attack patten, and wait for him to open himself up to an attack. He jumps around a lot, but eventually he will back himself against a wall or end up near you. When you get the chance, just unload on him. All of his attacks are clearly seen by the bright red glow.
#3SegavsCapcom(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 2:37:55 PM
Thanks a lot. It was his speed that got me.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#4F0XholePosted 7/5/2013 5:58:25 PM
Compared to what you have faced up to this point, LQ-84i (Bladewolf) is lightning fast. Actually, he is probably the fastest enemy in the entire game. You just have to be patient with him until you understand how to approach him. When you go through the game a second time, you'll annihilate him without breaking a sweat.

Oh, and good luck with the Mastiffs. You first meet them in R-03. Those things are the bane of.. well... all of us. They can take a major beating, they are fast and agile, and they have multiple grab attacks.. which they utilize a lot. But, like with Bladewolf, your struggle with them will soon pass.
#5AtumReignPosted 7/6/2013 12:08:40 AM
You don't really HAVE to learn to parry. I only bother with parries on revengeance. For me just regular blocking works fine. Plus parrying doesn't really do that much damage any way if you're not on revengeance so I would focus on getting your hits in while blocking any incoming damage. There's a really easy trick to keep attacking and automatically block anything that comes your way.

While attacking with the light attack button just keep flicking the left analogue stick toward the enemy. You'll attack when you can and if the enemy tries to attack you you'll auto block 85% of the time. Hope that helps. Good Luck.
#6F0XholePosted 7/6/2013 4:31:06 AM
AtumReign posted...
You don't really HAVE to learn to parry. I only bother with parries on revengeance. For me just regular blocking works fine. Plus parrying doesn't really do that much damage any way if you're not on revengeance so I would focus on getting your hits in while blocking any incoming damage. There's a really easy trick to keep attacking and automatically block anything that comes your way.

While attacking with the light attack button just keep flicking the left analogue stick toward the enemy. You'll attack when you can and if the enemy tries to attack you you'll auto block 85% of the time. Hope that helps. Good Luck.

Ah, yes, technically I meant the block. Since the only real difference between a block and a parry is timing, I tend to use the two terms interchangeably. Also TC, there is a Lock-On button (R2, IIRC) that will help you keep track of him. You'll know he's locked on when the enemy marker thing had a red ring with it. It's hard to explain, but it'll make more sense the more you work with it.

I went through the whole game before realizing how to lock-on. Since then, the camera has been MUCH more manageable.