Can Solidus in his complete suit defeat any of the enemies in this game?

#1PrettyTonyTigerPosted 8/31/2013 12:34:20 PM
Whether it be plain cyborgs like the cops or PMCs? The UG's like the gorilla-like ones? Perhaps the winds of destruction or sam? What could he do against Armstrong?
---
Females are the greatest beings in the universe!!!
Users who agree: 15!!!
#2chaosflame108Posted 8/31/2013 1:09:23 PM
People overate the winds of destruction. Other than Sam(unofficial one) and Monsoon, the winds are complete pushovers.

Solidus could easily take down Mistral and Sundowner.
---
No. XI MARLUXIA
In the arc of his scythe, flowers grow and all else perishes.
#3Althalus2013Posted 8/31/2013 1:47:32 PM
Interesting question. I'm going to use the idea of a third DL-Story featuring Solidus to aid me in my answers. That said, here's what I think:

Regular/Custom Cyborgs

He'd rip these guys to shreds, because they're just standard soldiers with non-standard bodies.

Heavily-Armoured Cyborgs

These would give him a bit more trouble, but he could probably weaken their armour first using his tentacle missiles(TMs) before handling them like the regular cyborgs.

Gekko

The Gekko would, again, give him no trouble at all, because he could use his TMs from a distance and use his fire-dash(FD) move when they jumped.

Sliders

Old Snake could take down Sliders, never mind the idea of them giving Solidus trouble. One TM shot would be more than enough to take one of them down and if they were all close enough end the battle there and then.

Dwarf Gekko

Old Snake did take these down. Solidus could shoot them, stab them, slash them; hell, even his kick move would work against them. The only way they might give him trouble is on Revengeance difficulty, where their overcharge is a one-hit kill.

Mastiffs

Mastiffs are where things get complicated. While he could, with the right timing, use his FD to get out of the way of their grab attacks if they got a hold of him just once it would be the end of DL-Story 03: Solidus. Otherwise I think they'd prove just a little more of a threat than the heavily-armoured cyborgs; their jump-smash wouldn't stand a chance against his FD.

Raptors

Ah, Raptors, how you are the bane of my existence. And probably anyone who played this hypothetical DLC, because they are incredibly fast, have movesets that could mostly flounce his and they go berserk if you kill one of their comrades. This is where I have to ask a very important question, TC: can Solidus Perfect Parry? What I've written so far applies whether he can or can't, but all the following enemies I might need to redo depending on the answer to my question. For now, I'll go on the basis that he can't. Which brings me to the conclusion that Raptors would pointedly not be in this DLC*.

Vodomjerka

This is another one of the enemies I was talking about when I asked if this hypothetical DLC allows him to Perfect Parry. If he got a lucky shot in with his TMs, he'd be fine but otherwise these monstrosities would leave him dead or in no state to fight, with his FD being the only thing that might give him the latter outcome.

Now, onto boss U(M)Gs.

Bladewolf

Alas, poor Solidus. We knew you well. We also knew well of your untimely being knocked unconscious in one hit by a pounce or charge attack before being killed instantly by a chainsaw to the heart, what with you being human and everything.

GRAD

Even though, on a campaign the same as Raiden's, Solidus wouldn't actually get to see the GRAD, It's generally slow nature combined with the fact that it's one fast attack is a charge ol' Georgy boy could easily FD out of the way of, means that I think he'd actually win this fight.

Metal Gear RAY

While he would possibly survive to the point of Raiden's finishing move, dodging the plasma and the missiles using his FD and attacking when it jumped away with his TMs, the blade would crush him instantly. Even if he dodged it or somehow broke physics once, he could never manage the Macross Missile Massacre.

I'll have to give EXCELSUS, the Winds of Destruction and Armstrong their own post because I maxed out the character limit. Has anyone ever done that here before?

*Actually, knowing Platinum...
#4Question_mark14Posted 8/31/2013 2:06:02 PM
chaosflame108 posted...
People overate the winds of destruction. Other than Sam(unofficial one) and Monsoon, the winds are complete pushovers.

If you are rating this on how hard the boss fights are, you are greatly overating solidus.
#5Althalus2013Posted 8/31/2013 2:16:28 PM
Continued.

Metal Gear EXCELSUS

Another case of not actually getting to it but winning if he did, EXCELSUS's low mobility combined with blades that (yet again) Old Snake could dodge, the only difference would be that Solidus couldn't possibly perform the same finisher, leading to a longer battle which may tire him out a little more.

Onto the Winds of Destruction.

Mistral

Apart from aesthetics, this would be virtually no different to when Raiden fought her; even without the Perfect Parry you can break her staff if you keep the pressure up without being hit yourself.

Monsoon

On a personal note, this boss gave me absolute hell. However, that's because I was playing as Raiden. Solidus would actually flounce the little Cambodian gitbag. His FD would serve him perfectly as a dodge, his TMs could end the fight there and then if Monsoon left himself open to try out his debris throwing attack and even without the Perfect Parry Solidus could use EM Grenades (like everyone who's every played the game). I think this is the one fight where Solidus would actually do better than Raiden.

Sundowner

As Solidus has no AR (or Blade) Mode to (let him aim his strike) tell him where to cut, Sundowner's blast shield would make this a very interesting battle; however, George could probably flank around it using his FD. I could write about how he would handle Phase 2, but without the ability to cut the shield, there wouldn't be a Phase 2.

Sam

This would be the most interesting fight of them all. Two more-or-less humans in exoskeletons (come on, that's pretty much what the suit is) with unique weapons and abilites who both have very dangerous dash moves. Just as I couldn't (well, if this game had been a movie) with Raiden and Sam, I honestly can't call this. If swordfights can end in draws, this almost certainly would.

Khamsin

Similarly to EXCELSUS, Solidus could probably dance around Khamsin like a ballerina, but the battle would take a lot longer due do not being as naturally efficient against Mechs as Bladewolf.

And last but not least...

Armstrong

Ha ha no. If Raiden only barely did it with the best HF Blade in the world, Solidus would stand absolutely no chance. While good ol' Georgy boy might be able to dodge around for a few hours, and to an extent of that he'd probably handle the firewalls better than Jack, but when it came to attacking, he'd stand no chance as I've said.

On a little extra note: I wonder how Solidus would do against Raiden? I think they'd be fairly equally matched, but... I just get this weird feeling as if, somehow, Raiden's dodge might be his downfall...
#6MurphysGhostPosted 8/31/2013 2:51:15 PM(edited)
Keep in mind Solidus killed 2-3 MG Rays in about 20 seconds with a pair of P-90's in MGS2. If he had his suit, guns, and his katanas I think he'd hold his own in the MGR world. Sam does, and the only thing cyborg on him is his arm- and in the DLC his arm isn't even cyborg.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#7Althalus2013Posted 8/31/2013 2:40:27 PM
MurphysGhost posted...
Keep in mind Solidus killed 2-3 MG Rays in about 20 seconds with a pair of P-90's in MGS2. If he had his suit, guns, and his katanas I think he'd hold his own in the MGR world. Sam does, and the only thing cyborg on his is his arm- and in the DLC his arm isn't even cyborg.

Forgot all about that. Yeah, if he fought it in his own style, Solidus could beat RAY. By the way, did you get the joke at the end?
#8Johnny BlaquePosted 8/31/2013 3:20:21 PM
Solidus' guns would be useless. His tentacles are his biggest asset against these enemies. If they incorporated gekko tech, he could be able to wield 4 swords at once.
#9solidoutlawPosted 8/31/2013 3:39:55 PM
Question_mark14 posted...
chaosflame108 posted...

If you are rating this on how hard the boss fights are, you are greatly overating solidus.

Nah, most of their abilities aren't really on par with solidus. I mean, solidus DID casually destroy multiple MGRs without any trouble.
---
PSN: rayplay
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"
#10PrettyTonyTiger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 7:43:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]