So I just completed story mode for the first time..(replay?)

#1kabjragonPosted 9/2/2013 5:04:06 PM
Is there a way I can replay the chapters with all the new gear I've unlocked? Once I unlock the gear how can I just play freely? I don't suppose there is a free-play mode of some sort?
---
Forever and always, DTA.
#2MurphysGhostPosted 9/2/2013 5:41:55 PM
If you select New Game, you'll lose your upgrades and stuff. So don't do that unless you want to start fresh. Go to chapter select and you can pick whatever chapter and difficulty you'd like, and you won't lose anything.

(For a New Game+ go to chapter select, R-00, pick your difficulty and you're off and running. Keep in mind R-00 is always the same, with the old body / HF blade only / no Zandatsu- you'll get all your stuff back at the start of R-01.)
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#3Squall_exePosted 9/2/2013 10:52:19 PM
I'm glad somebody asked this question because lets me follow up with a similar one,
if you're going for Overall S Ranks can you use the chapter select and play the whole mission/campaign to bump your rank? Or do you have to start a new game every time?
#4RaengPosted 9/2/2013 11:25:51 PM
Squall_exe posted...
I'm glad somebody asked this question because lets me follow up with a similar one,
if you're going for Overall S Ranks can you use the chapter select and play the whole mission/campaign to bump your rank? Or do you have to start a new game every time?

Chapter Select works fine, just be sure to S-rank R-07 last if you want the trophy to pop.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#5MurphysGhostPosted 9/3/2013 7:46:16 AM
Squall_exe posted...

Don't start a new game. Play the chapters individually, do R-07 last. During the course of each chapter, back up your save (copy it to an empty slot) before any potentially tricky spots. Typical tricky spots include Mistral, Sundowner, Excelsus, Armstrong, the 'run up the building' bit in R-04, etc. Be careful of 'instant death' falls from the rooftops in R-03 and the 'run up the building' bit in R-04.

I recommend S ranking Easy mode first so if you run into any pitfalls and have to redo a section, it's on Easy mode... once you do Easy and Normal you should have the routine down.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#6Squall_exePosted 9/3/2013 11:07:15 PM
MurphysGhost posted...

Don't start a new game. Play the chapters individually, do R-07 last. During the course of each chapter, back up your save (copy it to an empty slot) before any potentially tricky spots. Typical tricky spots include Mistral, Sundowner, Excelsus, Armstrong, the 'run up the building' bit in R-04, etc. Be careful of 'instant death' falls from the rooftops in R-03 and the 'run up the building' bit in R-04.

I recommend S ranking Easy mode first so if you run into any pitfalls and have to redo a section, it's on Easy mode... once you do Easy and Normal you should have the routine down.

OK, thanks!
#7SugarBoogersPosted 9/4/2013 5:36:31 PM
Raeng posted...
Squall_exe posted...

Chapter Select works fine, just be sure to S-rank R-07 last if you want the trophy to pop.

If I don't save the R-07 S-rank for last, do I just have to finish R-07 again after everything is finished, or would I need to specifically S-Rank it again?
---
"The real Liquid died still born, Decoy Octopus took up Liquid's identity by climbing into Eva and pretending to be an embryo." - RomeoMinola
#8MurphysGhostPosted 9/5/2013 10:27:39 AM
SugarBoogers posted...

If I don't save the R-07 S-rank for last, do I just have to finish R-07 again after everything is finished, or would I need to specifically S-Rank it again?

Your new rank over-writes your previous rank, so yeah, I'm almost positive you need to S rank R 07 last.
---