Would you like multiplayer in the sequel?

#1Althalus2013Posted 9/3/2013 6:58:45 AM
Personally, I'd love it. To anyone who says multiplayer wouldn't be possible due to the time dilation, it's already been done. I can't remember for the life of me what game it was, but seeing some people discussing this before somebody brought up a game with bullet time, in which during multiplayer the person using bullet time appeared very fast to the other player(s). So, yeah, as I said I'd love it; stealth killing people from rooftops, maybe have Blade Mode activate when you've reduced someone's health to 0%? Have the characters from the game playable with expansion packs or in certain modes (oh, great, now I want to run around slashing people to pieces as Sundowner)? What do you guys think?
#2MurphysGhostPosted 9/3/2013 7:19:55 AM
I think multiplayer is a great way to ruin games like this. See: Ninja Gaiden.

I want no part of multiplayer in hack n slash games, I prefer them to focus on the single player experience.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#3Althalus2013(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:29:30 AM
MurphysGhost posted...
I think multiplayer is a great way to ruin games like this. See: Ninja Gaiden.

I want no part of multiplayer in hack n slash games, I prefer them to focus on the single player experience.

Ahh... but that's what we have KojiPro LA for, isn't it? We could have Platinum and KojiPro Japan take on the single player, while a smaller team from Platinum work with the LA studio to make multiplayer. Of course, if multiplayer in general isn't your thing or if you just really think that it's a bad idea then I can't change that and you have every right to your opinion.
#4MurphysGhostPosted 9/3/2013 7:38:43 AM
It will likely lead to overall changes in the game engine that reflect poorly on the experience. Want to know why Ryu is slower and has more recovery than all the enemies in NG3? Balancing the moveset for Deathmatch mode. Yay!

Nevermind lag, which will happen and ruins the feel of any game like this. In a shooter it's much easier to compensate for.

It's a terrible idea, and that's my opinion. Sorry. ;)
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#5Althalus2013(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:41:50 AM
MurphysGhost posted...
It will likely lead to overall changes in the game engine that reflect poorly on the experience. Want to know why Ryu is slower and has more recovery than all the enemies in NG3? Balancing the moveset for Deathmatch mode. Yay!

Nevermind lag, which will happen and ruins the feel of any game like this. In a shooter it's much easier to compensate for.

It's a terrible idea, and that's my opinion. Sorry. ;)

As I said, you have every right to that opinion. Personally I disagree, but it's differing opinions that are part of what make us human. I wonder if anyone else *cough*Raeng,NINFanboy*cough* would like to comment?
#6DJ_0000Posted 9/3/2013 7:59:32 AM
Competitive multiplayer- absolutely not, because they would have to nerf the hell out of a lot of stuff to balance it.

Co-op- Maybe, because no one cares if your characters are OP in co-op. Even then I don't feel a game like this would benefit from co-op as much as a combo based game like Bayonetta.

Overall I feel like it would simply raise costs for a game that won't sell much over a million copies for a feature that is not needed and doesn't add much to the game. Platinum pride themselves on tweaking stuff to get it just right so you would be adding a huge burden to the development.

Not all games need multiplayer.
---
PSN: gatewaytohell | Kahlan | lv 200 | Sorcerer & PSN: gatewaytohellalt | Kara | lv 200 | Fighter
PSN: gatewaytohellal2 | Iris | lv 200 | Strider
#7rice_noodlesPosted 9/3/2013 8:15:17 AM
**** No.
#8RaengPosted 9/3/2013 8:48:09 AM(edited)
The only thing I can see happening and would actually love to see is 1v1 combat.
Think Ryu vs Demon Ryu in Ninja Gaiden Black/ Sigma1. One big open area, chose your weapon loadout before you start and there you go. If they manage to throw in an Evil Raiden clone in the story they could just take those mechanics.

Just design 10 maps and that's it. The end. Nothing else to it, just a great way to play the game in bursts and maybe earn some extra BP to spend in the offline campaign.

But in all honesty I prefer it when games focus solely on the Singleplayer experience as it's just a lot more noticeable how great those games are. Vanquish, Bayonetta, Killer is Dead (yes I went there), DMC3, Metroid Prime, all amazing games and none of them had multiplayer.
Which Metroid Prime game is the one people dislike the most? 2. Which one had multiplayer? 2.
Not saying it's because of that, but it couldn't have worked in it's benefit.

Another option though would be co-op, though that would force players to not have slow-mo blade mode. Still, playing DMC3 co-op was a blast when I got it to work and I can't wait for Bayo2's co-op mode to shine my time away.

Althalus2013 posted...
I wonder if anyone else *cough*Raeng,NINFanboy*cough* would like to comment?

I'm flattered that my "importance" validates such a remark ;p
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#9Althalus2013(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 9:01:54 AM
Raeng posted...

Another option though would be co-op, though that would force players to not have slow-mo blade mode.

As I said, multiplayer slow-mo can be done. With clever programming you can simply have it that the person using slow-mo appears very fast to the other people.

Althalus2013 posted...
I wonder if anyone else *cough*Raeng,NINFanboy*cough* would like to comment?

I'm flattered that my "importance" validates such a remark ;p

Why did you use quotation marks?
#10RaengPosted 9/3/2013 9:10:14 AM
Sadly in Dutch those aren't quotation marks, which makes it confusing. In our grammar 'importance' would be a quotation which confuses me at times ;p
At least in the grammar I was taught..it's in constant freak'n flux here.

About the slow-mo; Max Payne 3 and Ninja Gaiden 3 tried it both and though it worked it just looked really damn silly and made for one hell of a confusing i.frame festival in which it was really hard to determine whether you could hit someone or not. Add lag to that and you had a recipe for disaster.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15