I always was bothered about the Monsoon fight.

#1TheCurseX2Posted 9/3/2013 6:19:10 PM
Why does he seemingly "give in" at the conclusion and let Raiden chop him all up? I don't get how that fight basically showed that slicing him to segments was pointless since he was pretty much built around separation yet he goes down like that. You'd think he'd still be alive regardless since he can just rebuild himself.

The only conclusion I could think is that Raiden's collision on that huge building had his head computer malfunction and shut his power off or something. I don't know. I like cake.
---
He is saying THAT Longdale ****ed us, which is so totally, completely bizarre.
#2Question_mark14Posted 9/3/2013 9:01:42 PM(edited)
only certain sections could come apart. Like his hand, but if you cut that hand I half he is screwed. I don't know why he let raiden murder him though. Perhaps doing that separation stuff puts a limit on his battery(whatever he gets energy from) and he knew he couldn't beat raiden without it?
#3MurphysGhostPosted 9/3/2013 9:58:21 PM
Doesn't Raiden like, pound him into the side of the building first? I think he was stuck, heh.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#4zyrax2301Posted 9/3/2013 10:29:08 PM
Raiden used a one-liner, everyone dies when he does that.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#5Squall_exePosted 9/3/2013 11:00:18 PM
TheCurseX2 posted...
Why does he seemingly "give in" at the conclusion and let Raiden chop him all up? I don't get how that fight basically showed that slicing him to segments was pointless since he was pretty much built around separation yet he goes down like that. You'd think he'd still be alive regardless since he can just rebuild himself.

The only conclusion I could think is that Raiden's collision on that huge building had his head computer malfunction and shut his power off or something. I don't know. I like cake.

He probably ran out of electrolyte cells, I mean Raiden himself can't just go into blade mode indefinitely in the story (ripper mode being the exception for this fight...) so why is it so hard to believe that monsoon runs out of juice? Also I'm pretty sure he doesn't just give up, after you power kick him in the chest and before you slice him up he does yell stop...

Not only that but the unit that manages monsoon's magnetic powers are in his head, and considering how many times you cut him in the face it would be safe to assume that hitting him there also weakens/disables his control over his other parts.

And if you also look close at his design you can see the groves and white dome like intersecting points that lock in and out when he manipulates his body, so technically he has control over SECTIONS of his body but not every small piece...
#6Ultima_JenovaPosted 9/4/2013 3:01:24 AM
MurphysGhost posted...
Doesn't Raiden like, pound him into the side of the building first? I think he was stuck, heh.

This. Monsoon can't separate cuz he's been mashed into the building, dbz style. I love this execution. Best one imo.
---
http://www.monsterfilms.jp/work/images/1-09021%20UJ-2.jpg