The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

So MGR:R players, what are you playing now and why isn't it MGR:R?

#1RaengPosted 9/19/2013 3:44:27 AM
Topic says it all! What are you playing now and why isn't it the glorious gaming leader Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance!? Hm? Explain!

What am I playing: Killer is Dead / Paper's Please
Why isn't it MGR:R: I honestly don't have anything else to do there, all the remaining challenge-runs are me fighting the camera more then the enemies. I sometimes just pop it in to toy around a bit, see how fast I can kill Blade Wolf (9 seconds!) or something mundane like that. Hoping that the PC version will bring new life to it via mods.
I miss playing it though : (
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#2Xaldin0011Posted 9/19/2013 4:49:19 AM
Playing: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD, because I friggin' love KH. And it's the first time I got to play the Final Mix version, so that's pretty awesome.
Why it isn't MGR: I still stick in MGR to play Sam or bits of Raiden or maybe even Bladewolf from time to time. But mostly just because I've played a ton out of MGR ever since it came out, and haven't touched KH in years, so wanted to play KH more.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDHCLjuOzXY
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#3DJ_0000Posted 9/19/2013 6:45:01 AM
MGS Legacy Collection (currently on 3 which is my favourite one) and I'm not playing MGR because I pretty much did everything I wanted to do multiple times. I still play through it now and then though. I am pretty tempted by GTA5 though, 4 kind of lost my interest but the new one looks a lot more fun.
---
PSN: gatewaytohell | Kahlan | lv 200 | Sorcerer & PSN: gatewaytohellalt | Kara | lv 200 | Fighter
PSN: gatewaytohellal2 | Iris | lv 200 | Strider
#4MurphysGhostPosted 9/19/2013 7:36:07 AM(edited)
I've been bouncing around as I tend to do. MGR needed a little break- I can't play one game for months straight until I've done everything, that just burns me out.

Recently replayed some Halo campaigns (3, ODST, halfway through 2), messed around with the first Marathon game on PC, got addicted to Odin Sphere for a week, revisited Vagrant Story and have been working on the final two stages I need to fully complete Vanquish (5-3 God Hard and Challenge 6). Also played a bit of Ninja Gaiden 2 (360 version).

But, true story, every time I go out to the bar with a few friends and come home half-sauced and not quite ready for bed, I play R07 on Very Hard. Raiden and Armstrong's throw-down simply never stops entertaining me. :P

I'll be back focusing on this game at some point in the next couple months, I'm sure.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#5HeX4869Posted 9/19/2013 7:23:35 AM(edited)
Playing the piano. Learning Mozart's 23rd concerto.
---
Surface Velocity!
#6SugarBoogersPosted 9/19/2013 10:25:48 AM
What am I playing:

Not playing much, since I don't have access to a TV and I'm not a big PC gamer. I guess I have been playing a decent bit of Minecraft, since a friend of mine in Alaska set up a server. I've been building a glass fortress in the middle of the ocean, using magma for lighting. The server mod was so impressed he gave me a crapton of coal to help me out.

Why isn't it MGR:R:

Well as I said, don't got a TV. Of course even if I was at home, I don't have a 360, which is also why I'm not playing DMC4. I've also done most of what I think I'll be able to do; I've no-damaged all the bosses, and S-ranked Hard Mode, but I don't expect to be able to do the same for Very Hard of Revengeance while I've got school to deal with.
---
"The real Liquid died still born, Decoy Octopus took up Liquid's identity by climbing into Eva and pretending to be an embryo." - RomeoMinola
#7Squall_exePosted 9/19/2013 12:20:15 PM
Well I'm STILL playing MGRR trying to Platinum it, but when I'm done (or need a break) I will be playing one of these possible games...

What am I playing: Killer Is Dead/Journey/Assassin's Creed 3/Lolipop Chainsaw/Demon's Souls/Luigi's Mansion/Infinity Blade 3 when I buy it HOPEFULLY tomorrow/Armored Core 5/Bioshock Infinite

My work hours are really fickle and because of my electricity bill I can usually only play like an hour a day... So I have a TON of stuff I need to work on gaming wise... Hell I still haven't finished Deus Ex:HR and its driving me crazy...

Why isn't it MGRR: Because I'm stuck on the NEVERENDING HELL that is VR Mission 18 and 19.... Expect a topic on this soon from me because I think there needs to be some more detailed instructions and observations about these infernal missions.....

That plus as much as I have become addicted to the adrenaline pumping madness that is MGRR I don't want to burn it out and get bored playing it. I think after I'm finished these last 2 VR missions and collected a few more REASONABLE trophies I'll give the game a couple of weeks or a months' break before I go for the full Plat, besides I still need to download the DLC anyways so I need to scrounge up some cash for that too...
#8yarrmateysPosted 9/19/2013 12:24:56 PM
Why isn't it MGRR: because I just tried popping it in, and it seems like I am still sick of the game. I will have to shelf it for a pretty long time (probably a year minimum) before I'd like to touch it again.
---
--
-
#9ukokira1Posted 9/19/2013 2:15:13 PM(edited)
The Wonderful 101

1. this happened: http://i44.tinypic.com/35moar6.jpg So I can only play off- TV Wii U games

2. Its just so Awesoume and wonderful and hype with great mechanics.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#10NINFanboyPosted 9/19/2013 4:14:45 PM(edited)
I'm playing NGS2+ on my Vita. Why? Because I love Ninja Gaiden.

Why am I not playing MGR? Because I love Ninja Gaiden just a little bit more.

What did I play just before NGS2+? Bayonetta. Started for the first time and got the Plat Trophy, now waiting on my copy of the 360 version to arrive. Played the demo on the 360 when I was about done with the Plat on PS3. And wow, what a world of a difference! 60 mother****ing fps! No drops.

Before that I finally got the Plat for DMC1. Then I played DMC4. Started from scratch on this, because my original fatty PS3 died three years and took my massive save file to its grave. But starting over was fun. Love that game.

I'll get back to MGR, I promise. I want to get those two missing Trophies (DLC VR Missions). But for now I'm hacking and slashing some fiends rather than cyborgs. I think it's excusable; Ryu Hayabusa is the only video game ninja cooler than Raiden.
---
The internet in a nutshell:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaHarYdJ2O8