So MGR:R players, what are you playing now and why isn't it MGR:R?

#71copenhagenLongCPosted 10/28/2013 8:00:10 PM
yarrmateys posted...
copenhagenLongC posted...
I'm doing a faux big boss run in MGS4 in preparation for my real big boss run. No alerts, no kills, no recovery items, low run time, ect. only exception is that Im doing it on solid normal instead of boss extreme. Its actually really fun and not as hard as I imagined it to be. I'm currently on act 3, the last part of following the dude, the patrolling truck with the searchlight is proving to be a problem.

You've already started, but I found a practice run on hard (Foxhound) to be fully representative of what you will be doing on extreme (Big Boss emblem). Due to the progressively increasing enemy sight/hearing, there are things you will be able to easily pull off in normal that you would have difficulty pulling off in hard, and almost impossible altogether in extreme, for example. As for the searchlight, you can just equip a facecamo and you can run around in plain sight.

True I should of tried on hard but see, I recently started playing again and I wanted to get the hang of playing stealthily. I struggled to beat it on extreme with full alerts and recovery items and all that just a few weeks ago, so I'm still rusty. I dread the crying wolf fight. How do you recommend I beat that without getting alerts? The frogs keep coming up the tower and its hard to spot wolf even with the NV.
#72yarrmateysPosted 10/29/2013 9:20:41 AM
True I should of tried on hard but see, I recently started playing again and I wanted to get the hang of playing stealthily. I struggled to beat it on extreme with full alerts and recovery items and all that just a few weeks ago, so I'm still rusty. I dread the crying wolf fight. How do you recommend I beat that without getting alerts? The frogs keep coming up the tower and its hard to spot wolf even with the NV.

Save before the fight. Then do the smoke grenade + stun grenade launcher "trick" - nonlethal kill in 30 seconds from the start of the fight until the finish, if she spawns in the right place. Lots of videos you can use as reference for this. It's important to save beforehand so you can reload if her spawn point isn't to your liking.
---
--
-
#73copenhagenLongCPosted 10/30/2013 1:41:55 PM
yarrmateys posted...

Save before the fight. Then do the smoke grenade + stun grenade launcher "trick" - nonlethal kill in 30 seconds from the start of the fight until the finish, if she spawns in the right place. Lots of videos you can use as reference for this. It's important to save beforehand so you can reload if her spawn point isn't to your liking.

I ended up beating it on solid normal and got the "FOX" emblem. Im actually gonna try and go for the lesser trophies(the posters, ipod songs, guns) before I attempt my big boss run.

The bike chase on solid normal was so brutal I had to reload dozens of times. I had to fast forward my ps3s clock weeks so i could be at full health again when i entered a new area. I cant even imagine how hard its going to be on Extreme.
#74MetalGearDogmaPosted 10/30/2013 2:08:48 PM
big boss emblem? extreme?

you guys are amasing!
i only play mgs4 on liquid ease ^^"

wasnt even able to do a non kill run -_-

but well. I play for the story.
and I cried so hard in mgs 4 ^^

LOVE IT!
---
Dragons Dogma Pawn: Yamato, Lvl 200, Strider (Dark Arisen)
PSN: FF7_Lissy http://cyborgarisen.deviantart.com/gallery/ Girl Gamer, dattebayo!
#75copenhagenLongCPosted 10/30/2013 3:18:25 PM
MetalGearDogma posted...
big boss emblem? extreme?

you guys are amasing!
i only play mgs4 on liquid ease ^^"

wasnt even able to do a non kill run -_-

Really? Like all stealth games you just have to remain calm even if a caution phase is active and enemies are looking for you. You also should memorize the area layouts if you're going for any good emblems. The bosses in MGS4 at least, there is ALWAYS a gimmick to each one that makes them easy to beat even on extreme. The only annoying segments that are incredibly frustrating are the mandatory chase scenes(be it a bike chase, or drebins truck chase) where you are stationary and WILL take damage. Doing those segments without health regen items is ridiculously hard.

Btw yarrmat I did find a way to beat crying wolf without too much frustration, but it wasnt in the way you mentioned. I just used face camo and stealthed around tranqing all the frogs that spawned and got a fully charged shot in on cryng wolf whenever I spotted her. I estimate it took me around 10-20 minutes for that fight alone though. With the limited number of tranq rounds on extreme its going to be hard doing it that way.