I would've bought a Wii version...

#1darkhishamPosted 10/13/2013 2:56:14 AM
I know the technical limitations of the console and how the graphics would've been downgraded, but all I could think of was how much better the gameplay would feel if playing with the wiimote instead of that boring thing they did to slash things. Like a faster No More Heroes.
#2ukokira1Posted 10/13/2013 7:37:43 AM
It would take more than downgraded graphics dear.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#3DJ_0000Posted 10/13/2013 8:20:15 AM
Trying to accurately slash with a Wii remote would be ridiculously broken and the framerate would probably be complete poo as well.
---
PSN: gatewaytohell | Kahlan | lv 200 | Sorcerer & PSN: gatewaytohellalt | Kara | lv 200 | Fighter
PSN: gatewaytohellal2 | Iris | lv 200 | Strider
#4RaengPosted 10/13/2013 8:55:28 AM
^I beg to differ. Though the game would look like ass (granted, it already sort of does), it is most definitely possible with Wii Motion Plus. Skyward Sword and Red Steel 2 had amazing swordplay and that would have translated more then nicely to MGR:R in my opinion.

If Revengeance gets a nice modding community on PC we might even see some motion controls, who knows!
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#5MurphysGhostPosted 10/13/2013 9:20:23 AM(edited)
I personally can't stand motion controls.

So long as motion control was merely an option, I guess I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't be interested in playing the game that way, though.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#6ukokira1Posted 10/13/2013 9:52:20 AM(edited)
Raeng posted...
^I beg to differ. Though the game would look like ass (granted, it already sort of does), it is most definitely possible with Wii Motion Plus. Skyward Sword and Red Steel 2 had amazing swordplay and that would have translated more then nicely to MGR:R in my opinion.

If Revengeance gets a nice modding community on PC we might even see some motion controls, who knows!

And the Wii could handle Blade Mode when the PS3/360 barely could?

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#7RaengPosted 10/13/2013 10:35:33 AM
ukokira1 posted...
And the Wii could handle Blade Mode when the PS3/360 barely could?

The calculating power is there, but the insides would be horribly low-res. Also there's a chance it might be so that cutting will just cut in a certain way by default or something.

That said, the Wii-U is more then up to snuff and has motion control as well. Considering that platform is stronger than the PS3 it would be more then up to the task. Hell, a Revengeance U version would actually be pretty slick. Wouldn't mind it!
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#8PyroSparkPosted 10/13/2013 11:24:39 AM
ukokira1 posted...
It would take more than downgraded graphics dear.

The game is 28 gigs on the ps3 if I recall. It'd be....quite the port.
---
"The more you make people cry = the better player you are." - Eternux
#9Mr_Big_BossPosted 10/14/2013 2:40:37 PM
I just finished playing Skyward Sword, I can't imagine enjoying this game as much if it was built around the motion controls, they're not 100% accurate.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#10NINFanboyPosted 10/15/2013 2:17:46 AM(edited)
darkhisham posted...
I know the technical limitations of the console and how the graphics would've been downgraded, but all I could think of was how much better the gameplay would feel if playing with the wiimote instead of that boring thing they did to slash things. Like a faster No More Heroes.

That "boring" thing is called a controller. These "boring" things have been around for 30 years. Tried and true method of playing games.

This game requires precision which you can't get from a Wiimote. Try beating one of the Zandatsu VR Missions with motion controls. Games created around motion controls leave a lot of room for error; they leave a giant hall with marbled floor and ceiling frescos by Michelangelo for error.

You know, there are SO MANY casual games out there while hardcore games like MGR are rare and a dying breed. Why can't you just leave the poor thing alone? It's standing upright and its vitals are good. And here you are wondering how an MGR burger would taste.

</satire>
---
"You're a sheep if you think the game is bad just because reviewers say so. I played it and I say it's a good game." - blind fanboy logic