I would've bought a Wii version...

#11thefabregas22Posted 10/27/2013 11:49:37 AM
They coulda done it on the wii u as that supports wii motes as well.

So no downgrades (possible upgrades) and wiimote support for you, they aren't gonna do that though
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#12GoldsicklePosted 10/27/2013 8:42:29 PM
The "cut anywhere" physics is possible on the PS2's hardware.
Samurai Legend Musashi was the first game I know where the enemies get bisected based on your character's sword trajectory and not predetermined cuts.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#13syctheweilderPosted 10/29/2013 7:25:10 PM
^That game also had horrendus frame drops, and it didn't even have a physics engine to worry about.

Then again that game was also made by Square Enix.
#14Squall_exePosted 10/30/2013 3:11:51 AM
syctheweilder posted...
^That game also had horrendus frame drops, and it didn't even have a physics engine to worry about.

Yeah but at least it wasn't just them throwing FF13 at us again and again...

I miss SquareSoft, they actually made some great action/RPG games like Brave Fencer Musashi, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve, Legend of Mana, heck even Samurai Legend Musashi did have the cool anime style and couple of other things I like, however I do understand your point it was missing a lot of cool exploration and zelda aspects of the game...

Oh well, it's not like they're finished milking Final Fantasy so I doubt they can completely ruin it.

Raeng posted...
^I beg to differ. Though the game would look like ass (granted, it already sort of does), it is most definitely possible with Wii Motion Plus. Skyward Sword and Red Steel 2 had amazing swordplay and that would have translated more then nicely to MGR:R in my opinion.

Did Skyward Sword really have that much control? I haven't properly played it myself yet but I was watching my brother play it last year and he DETESTED IT!!!! The Wiimotion Plus kept going in weird places and it SEEMED really bugged to me. And from the small bits I did manage to play I did get this weird feeling that I lost control over it sometimes, I can't quite explain it... I also heard rumours the Wiimotion Plus programming for it was bugged back during release so I'm not really sure what to think...
#15lankysenseiPosted 10/30/2013 4:30:23 AM
Oh man, your arms would be so dead after a boss battle haha. Im all for it though.
#16geneocidePosted 11/3/2013 6:43:13 PM
Or or or just have Move support and not?
---
*Hops on Sony Pony.* Onward my loyal legion of Nintendrones and Xbots!
Ahh! My ding ding dong!
#17The_DARK_FoXPosted 11/4/2013 9:10:52 AM
Squall_exe posted...
syctheweilder posted...

Yeah but at least it wasn't just them throwing FF13 at us again and again...

I miss SquareSoft, they actually made some great action/RPG games like Brave Fencer Musashi, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve, Legend of Mana, heck even Samurai Legend Musashi did have the cool anime style and couple of other things I like, however I do understand your point it was missing a lot of cool exploration and zelda aspects of the game...

Oh well, it's not like they're finished milking Final Fantasy so I doubt they can completely ruin it.

Raeng posted...
^I beg to differ. Though the game would look like ass (granted, it already sort of does), it is most definitely possible with Wii Motion Plus. Skyward Sword and Red Steel 2 had amazing swordplay and that would have translated more then nicely to MGR:R in my opinion.

Did Skyward Sword really have that much control? I haven't properly played it myself yet but I was watching my brother play it last year and he DETESTED IT!!!! The Wiimotion Plus kept going in weird places and it SEEMED really bugged to me. And from the small bits I did manage to play I did get this weird feeling that I lost control over it sometimes, I can't quite explain it... I also heard rumours the Wiimotion Plus programming for it was bugged back during release so I'm not really sure what to think...

Its not that Skyward sword was buggy. In fact, the game played perfectly well. What most people (myself included) didn't realize is that for the motion controls to work you have to move slowly. When I played the game, I expected Link to react, move and slash as fast as I could, but I ended up moving so fast the Wii couldn't register it. Perhaps that's why your brother detested it?
---
Persona 4 Golden has taught me that I need to focus on maxing my S.Link's IRL. PSN: ChaosxPaladin
#18Squall_exePosted 11/7/2013 4:26:58 AM
The_DARK_FoX posted...
Its not that Skyward sword was buggy. In fact, the game played perfectly well. What most people (myself included) didn't realize is that for the motion controls to work you have to move slowly. When I played the game, I expected Link to react, move and slash as fast as I could, but I ended up moving so fast the Wii couldn't register it. Perhaps that's why your brother detested it?

You know that would make a lot of things make sense, it reminds me of the time I ordered that cluster f*** of a game called "Sonic and the Black Knight". For Sonic who was moving really fast speeds he sure as hell swung that sword pretty darn slowly.

Which even if thats the case WHY can't it move any faster? I mean considering how fast the gameplay can be in both games you'd think it would be more responsive to fast movements right? Very strange...