This is one of those games in which

#1Dash_Dash88Posted 10/24/2013 10:55:46 PM
Once it all clicks is amazing !! Got it on ps+ , love metal gear but not really a fan of the hack n slash action games, everything was going fine until blade wolf !

That guy made me look and feel like a fool for way too long ! Anyway last night before bed i figured i would try again after reading some parry advice off here, it took a few attempts but then it all clicked and i was parrying his attacks like a (semi) pro ! Then i played it until 2am, had to get up 6am,feeling very tired but can't wait to get home from work and play it all weekend !

Any dlc worth picking up ?
---
If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention.
Psn Dasha_UK Xbl,Dasha UK,3ds 0103-9935-6957
#2Althalus2013Posted 10/25/2013 12:02:57 AM
Dash_Dash88 posted...
Once it all clicks is amazing !! Got it on ps+ , love metal gear but not really a fan of the hack n slash action games, everything was going fine until blade wolf !

That guy made me look and feel like a fool for way too long ! Anyway last night before bed i figured i would try again after reading some parry advice off here, it took a few attempts but then it all clicked and i was parrying his attacks like a (semi) pro ! Then i played it until 2am, had to get up 6am,feeling very tired but can't wait to get home from work and play it all weekend !

Any dlc worth picking up ?

Glad to hear you're enjoying it again. I was pretty good at parrying by the time I got to the main game because I played the demo to death, but believe me you are not the only person to have needed help with it. All of the DLC is worthwhile in my opinion. I'll give you a quick run down so you can see what you think.

The VR Missions are, well, more VR missions. They are once again good fun and they are still the game stripped down to the core, making you absolutely master every single game mechanic. One of those game mechanics, however, is one you haven't come to yet so if you get it you might be a little confused when you come to some of them.

DL-Story 01: Jetstream is brilliant. Sam's combat is a completely different breed to Raiden's. He can still Perfect Parry, he can still jump and he can still use Blade Mode, but that's about it. Even his Ninja run is different. His unique ability is an enhanced version of the Quick Draw. He takes some getting used to, but once you do he's incredibly fun. Plot-wise, it's just as good as the rest of the game and provides a decent chunk of back story for Sam. However, some of said back story is a massive spoiler for a certain character who you haven't even met yet.

DL-Story 02: Bladewolf had the most mixed reception of them all. I think, however, that it will entice you the most considering you are a fan of Metal Gear Solid; Bladewolf plays like Snake on four legs. He can't deflect bullets, he has one direly ineffective combo and the easiest way to S rank him is by playing it as a stealth 'em up. In fact, his unique ability is stealth, being better at it than any of the others. The only thing he has, really, that the others do is Blade Mode and the Ninja Kills. Just like Sam, the DLC provides a decent portion of extra characterization and back story for Wolf. It doesn't contain any huge spoilers like Sam does, but the ending kind of tells you what happens to Wolf and it would probably be better if you got to find that out for yourself.

My final verdict would be to get them all, but don't play the VR Missions until you've finished File R-02 and don't play the character DLCs until you've finished the main game. They're all worth it, providing different experiences and focusing on different mechanics to the main game, so pick them up.
#3Dash_Dash88(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 1:53:30 AM
That is the perfect answer !! Thank you so much for that,much appreciated.
---
#4MurphysGhostPosted 10/25/2013 4:25:11 AM
Keep in mind, TC, the DLCs, like the main game, are not very long. They are built to replay multiple times on different difficulties, to get different titles, to improve your performance, etc. If you do that, you'll get your money's worth out of them.

I have all the DLC and I thought it was worth it (Sam especially), but probably only if you don't treat it as a 'play once and move on' sort of thing.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#5MurphysGhostPosted 10/25/2013 6:19:58 AM
I'd also recommend leaving the bulk of the VR missions until after you've beaten the game once or twice. The first few are easy but they get a lot harder pretty fast.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#6Dash_Dash88(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 10:42:04 AM
MurphysGhost posted...
Keep in mind, TC, the DLCs, like the main game, are not very long. They are built to replay multiple times on different difficulties, to get different titles, to improve your performance, etc. If you do that, you'll get your money's worth out of them.

I have all the DLC and I thought it was worth it (Sam especially), but probably only if you don't treat it as a 'play once and move on' sort of thing.

Cheers for the info, I'll definitely do that. Been playing for an hour or so since i came home, just finished the part in the lab with the kids. Story seems pretty good so far, George is awesome !
---
#7MurphysGhostPosted 10/25/2013 11:39:12 AM
Hope you like the rest of the game! MGR was my favorite game this year, I thought it blended Metal Gear and Platinum Games' styles together beautifully.

I'm curious to know what you think of the finale when you get there- it has generated a lot of discussion, tends to be kind of a "love it or hate it" thing. ;)

You can check the GameFAQs "Cheats" tab for this game to see a list of unlockable items and titles and how to earn them all. If you go for 100% you will be busy for quite a while; I've put over 100 hours into the game and have a ways to go for 100%.

(Though to be fair I've spent plenty of time just playing for fun and not worrying about titles or trophies- you could probably 100% the game in less time than that.)
---
#8yarrmateysPosted 10/25/2013 1:44:14 PM
While I don't regret getting both the DLC (Jetstream and Blade Wolf) at $10 and $7 respectively since I love the game, objectively I can say that they may not be worth it at those price points - you have to squeeze them with replays for them to be such. Just be wary and adjust your expectations accordingly.
---
--
-
#9copenhagenLongCPosted 10/25/2013 1:48:27 PM
yarrmateys posted...
While I don't regret getting both the DLC (Jetstream and Blade Wolf) at $10 and $7 respectively since I love the game, objectively I can say that they may not be worth it at those price points - you have to squeeze them with replays for them to be such. Just be wary and adjust your expectations accordingly.

I personally just watch TheSw1tcher super best friends lets play of jetsream and blade wolf DLC whenever I wanna see what happens. Theyre both so short I dont think theyre worth the money. I mean, completely different genres, but dark souls DLC was around the same price but it offered so much more content. Hours and hours of playtime.
#10MurphysGhostPosted 10/25/2013 2:11:20 PM
^ I will never understand the idea that watching a video of a game being played is in any way equivalent to actually playing it, but to each their own, I guess.

Sam is stupidly fun to play as once you get the hang of his style, and to S-rank all his VR missions, etc. in order to S rank the level takes a nice chunk of time. Most videos skip all that. ;)
---