Game too easy with upgraded swords.

#1HeX4869Posted 10/26/2013 1:33:12 AM
Does anyone else thinks that the game is too easy with fully upgraded blades? I mean 3 perfect parries ends the 2 GRAD fight. A few hits can stun most enemies. Don't even wanna begin on the Sam fight.

I'm saying this after S ranking and No Damaging where possible the game on Revengeance with no upgrades and minimum item usage.
---
Surface Velocity!
#2RaengPosted 10/26/2013 2:07:50 AM
They make the game a lot easier, which is usually the point of upgrading weapons. Granted a fully leveled Armor Breaker and or Murasama will destroy the game completely without too much effort.

That said, it's in there for good reason. This game had the guts to target two audiences; the Action fans and the MGS fans. For the Action fans this game offers the ability to not use these overpowered tools. For the MGS fans, there are more then enough tools to grind through the game without any opposition.

So yeah. It's a design choice and one I agree with. You can just, as you noted, not use them (NuR).
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#3desi_shinobiPosted 10/27/2013 11:10:39 AM
its great, as Murphy has mentioned before. This is a type of action game where you can tailor your own difficulty.

I think this is action game is near enough perfect.

you can make it easy or hard as you like.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#4gamestop27Posted 10/27/2013 1:02:23 PM
In a game where you can get dogpiled after a stun, the overpowered swords and wigs are fair game.
---
Video games aren't going to be taken seriously as art until they stop apologizing for being video games.~Big Push
#5yarrmateysPosted 10/28/2013 10:47:13 AM
NG NuR VH with the counterparry damage from REV would've been the perfect difficulty.
Or NG NuR REV with enemy damage set to VH, that would work too.
Or Hard NuR but using REV enemy placements and aggressivness

Right now it's too much stunlock and one-hit KOs - which is why the upgrades and restarts are there.
---
--
-
#6Miku_369Posted 10/29/2013 9:24:34 PM
I actually regret fully upgrading the Fox Blade during chapter 2.

Only challenge left was the bosses.
---
"Official supporter of ShizukoxIzaya since 3-8-2013"
http://i.imgur.com/3cQBhOd.png http://i.imgur.com/NjMLTjR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/YE7hGbQ.jpg
#7Squall_exePosted 10/30/2013 2:26:11 AM
Raeng posted...
They make the game a lot easier, which is usually the point of upgrading weapons. Granted a fully leveled Armor Breaker and or Murasama will destroy the game completely without too much effort.

That said, it's in there for good reason. This game had the guts to target two audiences; the Action fans and the MGS fans. For the Action fans this game offers the ability to not use these overpowered tools. For the MGS fans, there are more then enough tools to grind through the game without any opposition.

So yeah. It's a design choice and one I agree with. You can just, as you noted, not use them (NuR).

Indeed, the OP gear like the Murasama, Armor Breaker, Wigs and weaker or stats adjusting gear and weapons like HF Machete, Wooden Sword and RBY Suits create a more organic experience rather than just shoving you into a difficulty thats completely easy or hard.

The game is only as difficult as you make it to be, even when your maxed out you could use something like the R Suit to increase your power and absorption at the cost of consumption and defence, effectively turning you into a glass cannon.

Feel to overpowered or going No-Kill? Try a HF Wooden Sword with B Suit for better defence but lower attack and absorption.
#8CaptainKatsuraPosted 11/14/2013 3:36:01 AM
That's why I kept the HF Blade and Murasama at base.Switch to those whenever I want to have a challenge.
---
Herp-a derp
#9Squall_exePosted 11/16/2013 12:14:36 PM
If you really want to make things difficult why not use a base HF Machete or HF Wooden Sword sans exclusive?
#10desi_shinobiPosted 11/22/2013 2:29:20 PM
Miku_369 posted...
I actually regret fully upgrading the Fox Blade during chapter 2.

Only challenge left was the bosses.

could always restart on new game and keep them at base dude.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi