Raiden in new Metal Gear game

#21RaengPosted 12/22/2013 6:47:42 AM
He doesnt use a sword because thata easier to make. From the looks of it its an Snake reskin with sped up running. Cheap to make!
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#22DelusioNzorszorPosted 12/22/2013 8:29:37 AM
Raeng posted...
He doesnt use a sword because thata easier to make. From the looks of it its an Snake reskin with sped up running. Cheap to make!

Oh, right.

For some reason I would've thought it'd be like a copy pasted raiden from MGR itself, probably too much work since it's a different engine and everything. (I think?)
#23Phantom_Opera_GPosted 12/22/2013 10:00:39 AM
DelusioNzorszor posted...
Raeng posted...

Oh, right.

For some reason I would've thought it'd be like a copy pasted raiden from MGR itself, probably too much work since it's a different engine and everything. (I think?)

It's a pity Kojima couldn't have gotten P+ in to do the DLC as a practice run for Rising 2, if they were to use FOX engine for the sequel.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#24rice_noodlesPosted 12/22/2013 10:31:26 AM
All the nuances of game designs are completely different.

Enemy reaction animation and AI patterns would be completely different.

Free cutting isn't even a part of MGSV.

And I'm sure there are enough technical reasons that makes it not worth the trouble.
#25Althalus2013Posted 12/22/2013 3:31:50 PM
Squall_exe posted...
Althalus2013 posted...
Before anyone tries to smash Sly with a sledgehammer, similar things have actually been done by having the player using Blade Mode speed up from the perspective of the player not using Blade Mode. The only problem is that it might get a little complicated to program if both players were using Blade Mode

Like what though? I mean wouldn't mind myself so long as the mechanic was properly programmed you know? But I can't think of any games that do that sort of thing and make it work if have a mechanic like blade mode at all...

What I meant is that slow motion mechanics have been implemented into multiplayer by having the player slowing time look faster to the player not slowing time. Max Payne 3 is an example of this.
#26MurphysGhostPosted 12/22/2013 4:22:36 PM(edited)
I've seen the way it works in MP3, and... I don't think I'd like it for a Platinum game, unless it was specifically designed for multiplayer like Anarchy Reigns. I think Platinum's doing the right thing by keeping games like Vanquish and MGR single-player only.

As it is, Hayashi already ruined Ninja Gaiden mission modes with laggy co-op nonsense. : /

(Though, I do know a lot of people like co-op missions. Just sharing my two cents. This sort of game, for me, is all about the single player. )

---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#27HeroBigShadowPosted 12/23/2013 4:27:14 PM
Agreed. Co-op is fun, but should not be the main part of the game. RE6 was terrible as a game, it was functional, but it lacked a lot in the gameplay area. Since they were trying to use ideas from other hyped games like cinematic pieces and co-op, they ignored their gameplay. Basically the game was a interactive movie with below average TPS gameplay. The co-op took away from the game, with an AI partner, they either get in the way or they'll play the game for you.

So developers should just tack on co-op, at the final stage of the game, if it does not take too much time. Or leave it out of the game and spend that time to polish up what they have.
#28F0XholePosted 12/23/2013 4:47:54 PM
HeroBigShadow posted...
Agreed. Co-op is fun, but should not be the main part of the game. RE6 was terrible as a game, it was functional, but it lacked a lot in the gameplay area. Since they were trying to use ideas from other hyped games like cinematic pieces and co-op, they ignored their gameplay. Basically the game was a interactive movie with below average TPS gameplay. The co-op took away from the game, with an AI partner, they either get in the way or they'll play the game for you.

So developers should just tack on co-op, at the final stage of the game, if it does not take too much time. Or leave it out of the game and spend that time to polish up what they have.

The thing I hated the most about RE6 was incessant the button prompts. Mashing buttons and wiggling the stick every time you turn around.. it was quite annoying. So much so that I haven't picked it back up since played each scenario. It's a shame, too, because otherwise I really liked the game. Sure, it had a few gameplay quirks that made it more irritating than it should have been, but I was still pretty impressed with it.