wtf!? Why is this game so hard?

#11Silent_Snake666Posted 2/12/2014 11:12:58 AM
Don't give up TC... As others have said try to learn to parry the natural way.

Alot of us probably learnt this during the demo period so we had not other choice (because we all loved the game so much ;) ) than to replay the demo again and again practising perfect runs etc...

My point is, it's easy for us to say keep at it, but that is the only way to get better. Play the same part over and over (blade wolf) until you are comfortable. When you learn his patterns it makes other enemies patterns much easier to spot.
---
3DS friend code: 4940-5765-6493 PSN - Craig_Lennon "We're not tools of the government or anyone else!" - Gray Fox
#12ChickenfrogmanPosted 2/12/2014 1:09:08 PM
Learn how to actually parry. Auto parry is the equivalent of letting the game play itself.
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#13joegt123Posted 2/12/2014 4:18:05 PM
R-Taco posted...
The game isn't that hard at all once you understand it.

Attack enemies. If they flash red, parry (Light Attack + Tap the left stick in that enemy's direction). If they flash yellow, dodge (Light Attack + Jump in any direction).

Have you been using Zandatsu? If not, you definitely should.

ZANDATSU 101:
When you enter Blade Mode, nearby enemies will have little red targets somewhere on their bodies. Slice through this target while in Blade Mode, then grab with Circle/B (depending on what system you're playing on) to fully restore your health and energy. This is Zandatsu.

Standard cyborgs can be Zandatsu'd at any time, but most enemies have to be damaged enough first (they'll turn blue at that point). Dwarf Gekkos (the little three-armed robots) can't be Zandatsu'd, but they drop healing items when killed.

I always have issues with zandatsu. Aside from finding myself out of slicing range of the core once i activate it, especially on nonhuman enemies, things like the gorilla never seem to get the triangle/y + circle/b cue to trigger. And i just kill them or waste meter on chopping off their bits.
---
"It was not for quiet complacence he was given the name of 'Thunder God'."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#14R-TacoPosted 2/12/2014 5:06:09 PM
You don't need the button prompt to Zandatsu them; just enter blade mode when:

-The enemy's entire body is blue
-You are within slicing range
-You have a full energy bar

If aiming is a problem, try just aiming with the right stick until the slice lines up and hitting Square (X on Xbox and PC) instead using the right stick.
#15A_Nonny_MoosePosted 2/12/2014 5:28:38 PM
Triangle+circle is just for stunned enemies, and they will always be in range if you do that. If you have the time and the energy, you can walk around in Blade Mode by holding down the right stick to get in range (it's the right stick for me, might be the left if your controls are different).
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#16DEBIAZPosted 2/14/2014 6:28:51 AM
pffffffft.. this game is hard? >_> you've never played old DMC games do ya?

imo modern age games are too easy -____-