Do people exist who have beaten this game on a completely new VH game...

#1TargetDogPosted 2/12/2014 9:55:57 PM
Without using stealth?

I'm currently at the 5th ranked fight in R-02 (against 3 mastiffs/one raptor) and I don't think this is humanly possible considering I have nothing but a +1 strength sword. The tiny room + the camera makes having to keep track of everything ridiculous, and it's extremely easy to get backed into a corner where you can't see anything.
#2RaengPosted 2/12/2014 10:44:11 PM
I eventually got really close to beating Raiden Must Die (Fresh Very Hard, no stealth, all ranked/unranked fights, no nanopaste, no upgrades, no uniques, no outfits, Naked & Unloved), but got 'stuck' in R-05 against the triple mastiff fight near the end. Videowise I made it to the fight you talked about which is HELL.

My biggest tip, take your time. Run around and take your time, you can let the Raptor kill the Mastiff for you with his rocket barrage. Don't face them head on, you get stuck in their attack mixups and get stuck in a corner without being able to parry properly or dodge out. There's also a fire-hydrant should you want to do stealth mid-fight, but that's cheating ;p

Considering your have Nano's you can probably tank the damage while you kill them though. You need 54 square attacks without being hit to stun a Mastiff for Execution, should you want to take that route.

Good luck!
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#3A_Nonny_MoosePosted 2/12/2014 10:57:08 PM
I found that fight a pain with 200% health and a fully upgraded HF Blade. And I ninja killed one of the mastiffs.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#4DJ_0000Posted 2/13/2014 3:19:24 AM
Have you got any RP or EM grenades? They work wonders in these kind of situations.
#5MurphysGhostPosted 2/13/2014 7:14:11 AM
Stealth kill the first Mastiff and then use an EM or RP grenade to even the odds for a bit (I'd go for the Raptor since they have much less health / stun easier than Mastiffs). Use two grenades if you really have to.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#6ChickenfrogmanPosted 2/13/2014 10:57:27 AM
It's doable. Use your items like grenades liberally. I finished the game on base Very Hard and it was fun as hell.
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#7Nate_the_Great8Posted 2/15/2014 12:06:57 AM(edited)
I've done it. It was a special feeling taking armstrong's heart after fighting him for 30 or so minutes.

The triple mastiffs however...my memory is a blur for that fight. I guess mostly due to rage >_<
---
PSN: Nate_the_Great8