Question regarding Raiden's cyborg body

#21DEBIAZ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 8:35:31 PM
F0Xhole posted...
I hope that isn't too jumpy for you. I tried to compress 25 years of lore into a handful of posts. I cut out a LOT of information (3 games' worth, actually, but they don't affect Raiden's story arc), but that is the basic gist of the story.

wow..wow wow! Thank you, thank you, thank you very much xDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

very good summary, and short >_<" (heh heh)

now I GET IT o_O"

these are the only information revealed related to Raiden so far now right?

ohhhhhh i kinda get it now why MGS is really big and popular, excluding its game mechanisms, the story is good o_O"!

(I usually don't care much about the story for a game, since i'm more interested in its system, but having a good story is well.... good! too xDDDDD")

and wow, thank you so much for typing all that for me... it's like...wow ><"!!!!!!
#22SutremainePosted 2/17/2014 8:57:03 PM
As to what parts of Raiden are machines: everything below the upper jaw. He's basically a brain, a pair of eyes, and a magnificent head of hair in a full-machine body. That's why Sam destroying his eye in the prologue pissed him off so much; it's one of the last human parts of him.

You'd think more people would aim for his squishy human parts instead of smacking around a body capable of falling several thousand feet onto concrete and getting right back up again.
#23F0XholePosted 2/17/2014 9:23:28 PM
DEBIAZ posted...
F0Xhole posted...
I hope that isn't too jumpy for you. I tried to compress 25 years of lore into a handful of posts. I cut out a LOT of information (3 games' worth, actually, but they don't affect Raiden's story arc), but that is the basic gist of the story.

wow..wow wow! Thank you, thank you, thank you very much xDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

very good summary, and short >_<" (heh heh)

now I GET IT o_O"

these are the only information revealed related to Raiden so far now right?

ohhhhhh i kinda get it now why MGS is really big and popular, excluding its game mechanisms, the story is good o_O"!

(I usually don't care much about the story for a game, since i'm more interested in its system, but having a good story is well.... good! too xDDDDD")

and wow, thank you so much for typing all that for me... it's like...wow ><"!!!!!!

Metal Gear is definitely story-focused. But that's why Raiden says, "Not again" when Sam cuts off his arm. He already had his arm cut off once before, by himself. XD
#24F0XholePosted 2/17/2014 9:24:06 PM
Sutremaine posted...
As to what parts of Raiden are machines: everything below the upper jaw. He's basically a brain, a pair of eyes, and a magnificent head of hair in a full-machine body. That's why Sam destroying his eye in the prologue pissed him off so much; it's one of the last human parts of him.

You'd think more people would aim for his squishy human parts instead of smacking around a body capable of falling several thousand feet onto concrete and getting right back up again.

I'm pretty sure the game, as well as concept art, confirm that he is nothing more than a brain and spinal cord.
#25DEBIAZ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 10:26:48 PM
F0Xhole posted...

Metal Gear is definitely story-focused. But that's why Raiden says, "Not again" when Sam cuts off his arm. He already had his arm cut off once before, by himself. XD

ohhhh, yeah, i was wondering why he said "not again", but i guessed it was due to events prior to MGR in which I didn't know (and turns out right)

----
eh? so his spinal cord is still human..... right? (i'm still a bit confused with the spinal cord)
(well, ok, let's say the events before MGR)
his human body parts were: "everything" above his lower jaw (including brain, eyes, hair, etc)
AND the spinal cord..... right?
#26DEBIAZ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 10:27:48 PM
F0Xhole posted...
Sutremaine posted...

I'm pretty sure the game, as well as concept art, confirm that he is nothing more than a brain and spinal cord.

which concept art confirms this o_o"? (about just ONLY the brain and the spinal cord?)
#27GoldsicklePosted 2/19/2014 4:20:38 AM
When Raiden was first introduced as the "new main character" of MGS2, there was actually a huge negative backlash.

So huge, that Konami acknowledged it and created a homosexual, effeminate Raiden look-a-like in MGS3 that you can beat up, strip and stuff into a locker.

I was one of the few people who didn't mind Raiden back in 2001 and it's really surprising how much the negativity has dissipated today.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#28ottselmasterPosted 2/19/2014 5:13:24 AM
Poor *astard...
---
"EA games, It WAS in the game"
#29alienfetucinePosted 2/19/2014 5:50:44 AM
Goldsickle posted...
When Raiden was first introduced as the "new main character" of MGS2, there was actually a huge negative backlash.

So huge, that Konami acknowledged it and created a homosexual, effeminate Raiden look-a-like in MGS3 that you can beat up, strip and stuff into a locker.

I was one of the few people who didn't mind Raiden back in 2001 and it's really surprising how much the negativity has dissipated today.

Dude's middle name was Raidenovitch, even.

I think some of the hate Raiden got was due to MGS2 issues in general. It's a game I think you really need to look at the circumstances surrounding its creation to really get, and that's a lot easier to do 10+ years later than right after you paid full price for a sequel that changes a lot from the original game.

For better or worse, MGS2 wore its circumstances pretty openly. Stuff like the longass codecs used because they didn't have the time or budget to make full cutscenes, or the much more philosophical and sometimes just plain weird stuff Kojima introduced because he intended it to be the last game in the series and wanted to leave a lasting impression.
---
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
#30GoldsicklePosted 2/19/2014 8:05:15 AM
alienfetucine posted...
I think some of the hate Raiden got was due to MGS2 issues in general. It's a game I think you really need to look at the circumstances surrounding its creation to really get, and that's a lot easier to do 10+ years later than right after you paid full price for a sequel that changes a lot from the original game.

I suspect it's also something to do with how Raiden sounds like a whiny kid for the English version.

In the Japanese version, Raiden has a deeper voice.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)