Where are the DLC skins?

#1caboose84Posted 2/20/2014 11:45:05 PM
I originally played this game on the 360 when it came out and I remember them eventually releasing all of the costumes (except maybe like one of them) separately, but I didn't own the game so I didn't buy any of it. Then my 360 locked me out of Xbox LIVE for no reason.

I really wanna buy this game for the PS3 now because it's awesome and it's the only Metal Gear game I don't own, but where the hell are the costumes on the PSN? I think one of the skins are available to download, then there's the 2 story DLC's which are both free now. But then the rest is only available if you get the digital game bundle.

The thing is, I really just wanna buy the base game by itself for cheap physically, then buy all of the DLC separately, I don't wanna have to download the full game off of the PSN because it'll take days with my horrible internet, I prefer to have physical copies of games I like a lot, and I'll have to delete a bunch of crap I don't want to to make space for it.

So, was it on the PSN at some point and then removed for some reason, and do you guys think they'll ever release a physical bundle with all of the DLC in it eventually?
---
PSN: PounceBounce84
Karma Keepers
#2A_Nonny_MoosePosted 2/21/2014 12:28:21 AM(edited)
They never got released separately on PSN.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#3gamestop27Posted 2/21/2014 10:52:07 AM
It doesn't seem like those dickbags at Konami have any intention of releasing them for the rest of us, so If you're on the PS3 and you want the extra skins, you have 2 options:

1) Download the ultimate edition on the PS store that comes with all the DLC for $75 and I think it's cheaper if you're on PS+. It takes up 23.2 GB.

or

2) Buy the Japanese Special edition from Play-Asia or Amazon. PA is selling it for $28, but if you want it shipped to your house in a timely manner you'll end up paying an extra $16 for fast shipping. The prices vary on Amazon, but from what I've seen 40 at most is what you'll be paying.

If you the extra skins matter that much to you, then this is what you're stuck with.
---
PSN- Sratos0027
DD: DA Pawn: Hilda- Level 200 Sorcerer
#4caboose84(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 12:10:21 PM
gamestop27 posted...
It doesn't seem like those dickbags at Konami have any intention of releasing them for the rest of us, so If you're on the PS3 and you want the extra skins, you have 2 options:

1) Download the ultimate edition on the PS store that comes with all the DLC for $75 and I think it's cheaper if you're on PS+. It takes up 23.2 GB.

or

2) Buy the Japanese Special edition from Play-Asia or Amazon. PA is selling it for $28, but if you want it shipped to your house in a timely manner you'll end up paying an extra $16 for fast shipping. The prices vary on Amazon, but from what I've seen 40 at most is what you'll be paying.

If you the extra skins matter that much to you, then this is what you're stuck with.

But aren't games region locked? I'd have to have a Japanese PS3 to play imported games, right? I live in the U.S.

That's kinda silly though. All I want is that Gray Fox skin, man lol.
---
PSN: PounceBounce84
Karma Keepers
#5gamestop27Posted 2/21/2014 12:20:26 PM(edited)
caboose84 posted...
gamestop27 posted...

or

But aren't games region locked? I'd have to have a Japanese PS3 to play imported games, right? I live in the U.S.

PS3's aren't region locked, so you'll be fine if you decide to go for option 2

Also, you would need a Japanese PSN account to redeem the DLC, which is easy to make.
---
PSN- Sratos0027
DD: DA Pawn: Hilda- Level 200 Sorcerer
#6F0XholePosted 2/21/2014 4:49:24 PM
caboose84 posted...

I'm still holding out hope. Last we heard about it was that they were "looking into" getting Grey Fox's skin onto PSN (and, presumably, the other three DLC skins).

Considering that they still supported the game nearly a year later with a PC edition and continue to seek feedback for bugs and whatnot, as well as making the Sam/Wolf DLCs free, I still have faith that they wouldn't let something as sought after as GREY ****ING FOX just slip their mind. My money is on them simply pushing the $75 Ultimate Edition rather than letting simple skins go at a few buck a pop.

Plus, I don't know how PSN handles their databases.. like, if games/companies have to pay for slots or uploads. Harddrive space isn't free, so some of the lesser games (let's be honest, this game won't top a "true" MGS title) may not release minor DLC for financial reason. That's pure, baseless speculation on my part; like I said, I have no idea how they operate.

I'm glad I had the foresight enough to pre-order from GameStop and got the Fox skin, but I still really want the other three. I know their stats are pretty useless, for my current playstyle and skill level, but the completionist in me is raging pretty hard.