What happen to Raiden? *spoilers*

#21MurphysGhostPosted 5/25/2014 5:50:47 PM
preachinsin posted...
Rising was originally going to detail those events, but I'm guessing now that Platinum might make them the intro to the sequel. Just a guess, but it would make for a fun opener. Hope that helps.

Huh, as far as I remember that's the first I've heard of this, and it's a great idea.

Much like a few MG games are broken into a short intro chapter and a longer main one (Tanker, Plant; Virtuous Mission, Operation Snake Eater; Ground Zeroes, Phantom Pain), if they had a shorter mission set in the past and then have the main game continue from the end of MGR... that would be pretty awesome.

That would make a lot of MGS fans happy. And adhere to the MG series standard of things repeating! Like the obligatory torture segment (glad there wasn't one in MGR, don't think it would fit) or the cloak / coat toss... ;)

Big +1 to that thought!
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#22AtumReignPosted 5/25/2014 7:33:06 PM
Raeng posted...
Fighting is all he really can do, he found that out pretty fast which is why it's his job.

That's not exactly true. If you remember in MGS4 there's a whole section where he explains that he spent a lot of time with...eskimos or something, can't remember... and learned all kinds of tracking and survival skills. I'm sure he could have gotten a show on discovery as the next Bear Grills.
#23PT_PiranhaPosted 5/28/2014 11:59:33 AM
Raiden: "Uh-oh. Better drink my own electrolytes."
---
You're important to somebody. They care about you.
<<Real men set to 10 posts per page>>
#24AtumReignPosted 5/28/2014 6:21:35 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
Raiden: "Uh-oh. Better drink my own electrolytes."

Raiden: "Sam chopped my am off... Better drink my own electrolytes"
#25RaengPosted 5/29/2014 6:44:21 AM
AtumReign posted...
Raeng posted...
Fighting is all he really can do, he found that out pretty fast which is why it's his job.

That's not exactly true. If you remember in MGS4 there's a whole section where he explains that he spent a lot of time with...eskimos or something, can't remember... and learned all kinds of tracking and survival skills. I'm sure he could have gotten a show on discovery as the next Bear Grills.

This is true, perhaps I should have worded it better. "Fighting is what drives him, he has to fight". I'm an artist, I need to make art. If I don't I'll eventually go nuts and my life will be empty without it. For Raiden, combat is his driving force. Even if he doesn't like it, he'll always be drawn to it. His fingers will itch if he's passive for too long. It's a desire.

Everyone has one of those things that drives him and he just has to do.

Also Raiden: "Saw a guard read some lolitta manga...better drink my own electrolytes".
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15