This game's camera

#1EremyndilPosted 6/3/2014 8:02:23 PM
It really sucks the fun out of this game. It's so bad that I can't believe they didn't patch it. I would settle for an option to change it to a manual camera.

MGRR's camera cant deal with walls? Fine I'll avoid them. But then there is this tendency to look away from the enemies at the worst possible times; and when it gets stuck after a Zandatsu, Ugh! I cant believe Platinum let this slide. Bayonetta's camera only gave me trouble on the invisible walls in the Alfheims.
---
Stanley Woo: "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"
Mercury: "working hard on...DLC and there currently are no plans for...another patch"
#2MurphysGhostPosted 6/3/2014 8:25:47 PM(edited)
Yeah, it sucks.

At this point (having played the game A LOT) I only find it a major nuisance in a couple of spots (mostly involving multiple Mastiffs), but it's one of the game's most obvious weaknesses, for sure.

It doesn't suck the fun out of the game for me (though the aforementioned spots are aggravating), but your mileage might vary, of course.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#3F0XholePosted 6/4/2014 4:19:57 PM
Ya know, I never had much of an issue with the camera. I mean, I understand the problems, but I spent a ton of time on Ninja Gaiden Sigma and fought with that camera a lot. Maybe I just became used to this kind of camera? MGR's never really bothered me, except maybe when up against a wall. I didn't even really consider it a concern until I saw it posted on message boards.
#4DelusioNzorszorPosted 6/8/2014 5:23:15 PM
It's not that bad. I got used to it.

Now DMC3? That's a horrible camera.
#5RaengPosted 6/9/2014 2:16:55 AM
If you are playing on PC there's a couple of mods that completely fix the camera, so check into that if you're running that version.
DelusioNzorszor posted...
Now DMC3? That's a horrible camera.

In MGR:R imo it's made worse by the fact that everything is directional based, even defense. In games like DMC3 and NGB you could just hold down block and at least be somewhat safe. Here a perfect timed parry can go to waste if the camera suddenly goes "OOHH WAIT LEMME TURN 180 DEGREES! :D "
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15