Bayonetta 2 until Metal Gear Rising 2.

#1eoneelPosted 8/1/2014 3:44:03 PM
I am looking forward to Bayonetta 2 in October to help ease the pain of waiting on MGR/2. It looks really really good from what I've seen. I played a little bit of the first one and liked it a lot. Not as much as MGRR but still damn good. I wonder how Bayonetta 2 will compare to MGRR.
#2WalkerWondersPosted 8/1/2014 6:18:21 PM
I love Bayonetta. Its one of my favorite(if not favorite) games of all time. You should look into finishing the first one, the story isn't the best but it has probably the best combat i've ever seen in a game, and its constantly throwing in new factors so it never gets old(like the craziest final boss fight ever). I'm definitely hype for the sequel and already got it pre-ordered. Platinum games really does know how to make a kick-ass action game.
---
3ds friend code: 2680 9181 0520 Trainer Name: Shayne
Xbox Live, PSN, and Nintendo Network ID: WalkerWonders
#3gamestop27Posted 8/1/2014 7:53:21 PM
There are too many things I hated in Bayo 1 to buy a WiiU just for the 2nd.
---
PSN- Sratos0027
DD: DA Pawn: Hilda- Level 200 Sorcerer
#4MurphysGhostPosted 8/1/2014 8:40:08 PM
Bayo 2 looks really cool.

How will it compare to MGR?

More fleshed-out, polished combat. Much worse story / characters. Probably more BIG GIANT CRAZY bosses that are mostly spectacle. It will have co-op- that should be interesting. It will have a weird J-pop and/or old music remixed soundtrack with some Gothic choir stuff thrown in for kicks. Combat will be more combo-driven and showy and less efficient and brutal.

I'd play it if I had a Wii U but I'm not very interested in the Wii U, so I'll just be playing MGR while waiting for MGR2. ;)

Also, as I've said a billion times on this board... check out Vanquish! :)
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#5eoneel(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 2:03:38 PM
^ Good summing. I own a Wii U so I'm all set. Murphy, the way you put it just makes me want MGR2 that much more though. One thing I never understood was how so many people didn't like the story. Maybe it didn't go as in depth as I would have wished, but as far as what the general foundation of the story, and characters involved, I absolutely loved it! I still think about the cutscenes.

Also, I have the music of MGRR on my phone, hell I even blast it in the car leaving the neighborhood.
#6UbberDevilPosted 8/4/2014 10:55:41 PM
gamestop27 posted...

Like what?

Also there's Shovel Knight and Wonderful 101.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#7MajutsukoPosted 8/5/2014 1:24:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8gamestop27Posted 8/5/2014 9:20:03 PM(edited)
UbberDevil posted...
gamestop27 posted...

Like what?

Also there's Shovel Knight and Wonderful 101.

Most of the boss battles suck, they were cool the first time around, but their QTE gimmicks are annoying on repeat playthroughs. The Jeanne encounters and the fight with Balder are the only ones I liked.

Various sections throughout that made me say to myself "I'm not going to enjoy doing that again", for example, the motorcycle level, the missile riding level, that one part near the end when you have to run from the flame up the building in panther mode and others.

The QTEs, being blind sided right out of a cutscene, having to stand still and press X to jump through multiple objects, or pressing the button right when the game tells you to pisses em the f*** off. I tried to get used to them, but it made me even more angrier.

I like the characters, Bayo's moves, the controls, the universe, and level design, but I don't like playing it anymore. I enjoy using Bayo more in Max Anarchy than I do in her own game.

If the things that annoyed me in Bayo 1 are not present in Bayo 2, then I'll reconsider.
---
PSN- Sratos0027
DD: DA Pawn: Hilda- Level 200 Sorcerer
#9MurphysGhostPosted 8/8/2014 4:49:13 AM(edited)
^ Yeah, you and I are of basically the same mind when it comes to Bayo. From what I hear of W101, Kamiya basically did it again- awesome, interesting combat but with lots of annoying mini-games and other throw-away segments that sort of drag the replays down.

While it's true that they just didn't have the TIME to do anything more with MGR, I do love that the game avoids any such distractions. Makes replaying over and over a lot easier to do, you never hit that "Ooooh THIS stupid part..." moment that kills it. ;)

(Ok, other than the 'Conflicted Raiden' bit before Monsoon... but at least if you're not going for ranking, you can stumble through that in 30 seconds and be done with it.)

eoneel posted...
Murphy, the way you put it just makes me want MGR2 that much more though. One thing I never understood was how so many people didn't like the story. Maybe it didn't go as in depth as I would have wished, but as far as what the general foundation of the story, and characters involved, I absolutely loved it!

Yeah, me too.

It has all the themes that you'd associate with a Metal Gear game, but compressed into much more energetic, entertaining cutscenes than what you'd get in most MGS games. To me, blending Platinum into the Metal Gear universe resulted in a much less tedious, preach-y game without taking much, if anything, away from the thematic elements.

i.e., .... THE MEMES, JACK! :P
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#10F0XholePosted 8/8/2014 10:15:02 AM
MurphysGhost posted...
(Ok, other than the 'Conflicted Raiden' bit before Monsoon... but at least if you're not going for ranking, you can stumble through that in 30 seconds and be done with it.)

Metal Gear is really good at doing this. There are a number of tense and dramatic moments that work great the first time or two, but then they just become a tedious break-of-pace, especially when you are going for a better rank. MGS4 is notably bad about this.