custom character??

#1jonybeans13Posted 4/27/2010 7:28:19 PM
will you be able to customize your character or is the main person set?? i hope you get to customize its my biggest thing in games. hope i get an answer boards pretty dead.
---
Never beg for something. Do it yourself or it will never be done.
XBL GT < Jony Beans PSN GT > JonyBeans
#2sandspectrePosted 4/27/2010 10:41:09 PM
Sorry, but you won't be able to do so, our hero's look will be only one, the one you see on the screenshots. No customization or character creation whatsoever, beside the skill set, you will start with no skills or class orientation, everytime you will level up you get to choose the skill you want to learn. The only way to change our hero's look would be via mods, but that would be only for the PC version.
#3sandspectrePosted 4/27/2010 10:47:55 PM
Also, I want to say that don't get dissapointed about this, because a fixed main character is a staple on all Gothic games. From Gothic 1 to 3 we played as the same nameless hero, the only difference is that in Gothic 3 he cutted his ponytail. ArcaniA takes place 10 years after Gothic 3, and we will play as a new hero, that is also nameless. As for the old hero from the previous Gothics, he crowned himself as King of Myrthana at the end of Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods, and named himself King Rhobar III. We don't really know his real name.
#4jonybeans13(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2010 4:56:20 AM
oh alrite never played any of the gothics. thanks for the butt load of info. i can deal with it. is there alot of armor/weapons or loot i should say?? in oblivion i always had a helmet on an armor so i didnt even notice i created my character so maybe it will have the same concept.
---
#5sandspectrePosted 4/28/2010 4:11:43 PM
jonybeans13 posted...
oh alrite never played any of the gothics. thanks for the butt load of info. i can deal with it. is there alot of armor/weapons or loot i should say?? in oblivion i always had a helmet on an armor so i didnt even notice i created my character so maybe it will have the same concept.
---

There will enough to keep you occupied, not as much as in Oblivion, but each piece of equipment is special or different. I mean if you get better armor, you will notice the difference. I prefer quality over quantity.
#6nocturnalkissesPosted 5/11/2010 4:05:39 PM
who says they will stick to that formula? maybe they will let you change your characters costume and such. Cuz i have noticed that this is a standalone game from the other Gothics so some features may be different such as customization
#7sandspectrePosted 5/17/2010 10:35:15 AM
nocturnalkisses posted...
who says they will stick to that formula? maybe they will let you change your characters costume and such. Cuz i have noticed that this is a standalone game from the other Gothics so some features may be different such as customization

They, Spellbound, stated it so. You won't be able to change his looks besides his clothing and armor. They try to please both old fans and newcomers.
#8ivanfredPosted 5/20/2010 4:27:21 PM

sandspectre posted...
nocturnalkisses posted...

They, Spellbound, stated it so. You won't be able to change his looks besides his clothing and armor. They try to please both old fans and newcomers.

I can accept that only the character's armor and weapons can changed. If enough reviewers say that the gameplay is tight, I will buy on day one.

#9stevie402Posted 5/31/2010 8:15:11 AM
From the few game play vids I have seen on Youtube, the combat looks very interesting. From the dodging and rolling it looks similar to Demons Souls and the exploring aspect looks similar to Oblivion( both games I love by the way). I am definitely going to check it out when it is released.

---
Hashbrowns!
"I shall remember this moment when the birds come"