1. How to get those dekes right (motion plus)?: one time when you deke left the player will deke left, another time he will deke right. And I don't mean when he's playing 'upside down'.
Normally you have to check first which direction he's gonna deke, then deke 'for good'.
2. Idem for the ovi deke 1x FLICK NUNCHUK left or right: unpredictable which direction the player will take.
3. Another annoying thing are the poke checks after a shot. Poke checks work surprisingly well, but when you shoot, and the controller is normally struck forward, the game interprets this as a poke check for the player nearest to the puck.
Is there a way to avoid these nuisances? Changing the settings? Changing the way we hold the controllers?
My wii games library: NHL 2K10, Tiger Woods 10, Grand Slam Tennis, WSC Snooker 08, Shaun White Snowboarding, Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus
1. I don't have WM+ but I had to hold DOWN on the D-pad and then move the remote left or right to deke.
2. When you have the analog stick in any direction, shaking the nunchuk will allow you to do Ovie-dekes that correspond only to those directions. Like for example, if you are skating left and then Ovie-deke, you will make a special move that only works best while turning left. The same can be said when pushing the stick up or down as well.
3. I have problems with this still and the only solution I can think of is to make a quick swing of the remote to shoot, then try your best to stop in time. This doesn't happen when using a Classic Controller though.
"Half the game is mental; the other half is being mental."
1. Yeah,suppose I hold down D-pad and then move right, let's say i do this 10 times. 7 times it's ok. The weird thing is that the deke goes left some 3 times. Vice versa if I move left.
2. I always take the exemple where my player is heading straight forward towards the goal. A one flick move with the nunchuk normally results in the player sidestepping and letting the puck go loose for a moment, then picking it up again. Quite often, this works ok. But again, a flick to the right sometimes results in a movement to the left and vice versa.
3. It has to be something like that yeah. I'll try to restrict the follow through of the shooting swing. It's really a bad feature since attackers not only waste a useless poke check, they also lose time and velocity chasing the puck, so the opposing team can build up an attack more easily. I hope this will be fixed in NHL 2k11.