How exactly do you capture a boss?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Rumble
  3. How exactly do you capture a boss?

User Info: Cat333Pokemon

Cat333Pokemon
7 years ago#1
Does anyone know exactly what determines if you will capture a boss Pokémon?
www.buizel.net - Pokemon Pearl: Scott, 1676-3933-7956
Favorite Pokemon: Buizel, Turtwig, Typhlosion, Lugia, Mudkip, Charizard, Zigzagoon

User Info: vulpixel_

vulpixel_
7 years ago#2
Capturing a boss seems random, like everything else. The catch rate seems somewhere between 1/50 and 1/100, although bosses might have a higher catch rate than regular pokes (from all the youtube videos I have seen).

The only "sure fire way" seems to be stunning a pokemon (in which stars shoot from their heads and a loud noise is made similar to when catching a pokemon) but this also seems to be random and rare. I have never seen this happen to a boss, though.

Also, I have read that you always catch a sparkling pokemon (maybe referring to the ones with abilities?) Maybe the ones you stun are the sparkly ones...I don't know. I don't have the game, I've just seen videos on youtube, and I've never seen one sparkle (but maybe its just the video quality).

Diamond FC: 2277-8218-8552 OSPG trades: 6
Brawl Combo Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2xRmXU97_Y

Cat333Pokemon
7 years ago#3
I've seen a couple sparkle and know what you are talking about. I hate that it's random.
Favorite Pokemon: Buizel, Turtwig, Typhlosion, Lugia, Mudkip, Charizard, Zigzagoon

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
7 years ago#4
Yup, capturing a Pokemon with sparkles (they don't always have abilities by the way) is guaranteed, but finding sparkling ones at all is a random as capturing a regular one from the final hit.

I've only ever managed to "stun" a boss a few different times, but when I managed to beat them before they got unstunned, they did get captured like regular Pokemon do. If you happen to have a Pokemon that's good at stunning (again, I don't know if it's even possible to be "good" at it or it's just another random thing), then try using it against bosses.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

Cat333Pokemon
7 years ago#5
Stunning? You mean like where they become dizzy and stars appear over their head? Or is it something like paralysis?

User Info: vulpixel_

vulpixel_
7 years ago#6
Dizzy with stars
Diamond FC: 2277-8218-8552 OSPG trades: 6
Brawl Combo Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2xRmXU97_Y

User Info: delimew

delimew
7 years ago#7
i once saw a boss that was sparkling, but he'd stopped by the time i killed him and i didn't catch him.
once again, everyone is pwnt by delimew ~ King Tofa
Delimew should be "Sir Pwn-a-lot" ~ Mr Gandalf
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Rumble
  3. How exactly do you capture a boss?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived